Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #43

Some that I use....

Paperless and Ultimate Checklist(set up/tear down/ hook up/ packing etc)

WAZE is a favorite of mine for live traffic and navigation.

Life lock virtual wallet(formerly Lemon wallet)

Pepper plate for food planning.

Pandora

Gas Cubby for mpg and maintenance tracking

The Weather Channel

Splash ID(password minder)

Coach net and AAA(roadside assistance)
Simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
Tried RVParky and in my own area in Canada it is missing many places that show up on the Allstays apps. RVparky shows only one Walmart for example and there are 14 within a 30mi radius. Did not compare with other areas and I know Allstays misses a few areas where overnight parking is allowed also. I guess nothing is 100% accurate or up-to-date. But it is good to use all resources at our disposal and take the best of each.
I contacted the developer concerning a fairly new CG near me not listed in the app. He sent me a link to a form to fill out with the appropriate information so he can update the app accordingly.
I sure don't mind helping such a great app get better.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie-2005 View Post
A real good interactive app is WAZE... It keeps you informed of the road ahead and is a great navigation tool.
It's very good if you have a co-pilot, not so much if you are driving.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #46

Waze has hands free capabilities.
Simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Parky View Post
Hi, I'm the developer of RV Parky. I wanted to keep the app free for iOS, but it costed me a bit of money out of my pocket to create the iOS app. Apple requires that developers use Apple devices to develop apps on. So I had to go find a used macbook, a used iPod touch, and an iPad with a cracked screen to develop and test the app. That put me back a over $1000. In addition, Apple charges $99/year for me to have the app in the app store. Then they take 30% of every app purchase. So any of that money is really going to Apple.

The fee in iTunes for the app is to help pay for some of those expenses. If I ever break even, then I will make it free, but that might take a year or longer. I appreciate those of you that felt that it was worth paying for.

Also, thanks for reminding me that the Canadian Walmarts are missing. I accidentally omitted Canada when adding the Walmarts (sorry). I have buried in my big "to do" list to add them. I will make it a higher priority.
Thanks for the great app. Just downloaded and it works great on my ipad.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post

I contacted the developer concerning a fairly new CG near me not listed in the app. He sent me a link to a form to fill out with the appropriate information so he can update the app accordingly.
I sure don't mind helping such a great app get better.
There is a link imbeded in RVparky to add sites. Good option. I will help indeed - it is a good app and it is tough to keep things current. I am surprised that RV related businesses are not proactive by ensuring thier listing is on every app.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:48 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
We will be planning our first big trip this spring to CA for the summerfestII. We also plan on traveling around the west after the rally. Is there an app we can use to plan our route there? Then we can look for campgrounds and make reservations. Not afraid to say I'm a bit nervous, Mike on the other hand is absolutely not. I guess that is what keeps us balanced. I downloaded a few other apps I have seen on this post that seem very helpful Thanks for those any other help you give. Karen
Old 12-31-2013, 05:56 AM   #50

streets and trips works great for that. did you download the rvparky app? If so, you can register on their website and plan and save a trip. Pretty nice feature
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:59 AM   #51

here is an example of the rvparky planner.

Trip Summer 2014
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Karen, Corey is correct, one of the easiest to use I might add.

If I may make a suggestion, we use to detail plan our trip, but no longer do that. It is more fun to "wing it". We pick the daily travel destination for that day, using the RV Park Review I sent last night, find a good park and head out. Sometimes we don't make it, A nicer State Park show up along the way and that's where we park.

We do pick our main destinations, but everything in between is just part of the adventure. We rarely travel the Interstates and that is where RV Parky really comes in handy. If there are no parks in the area for the night...there is always a Walmart We have seen some of the most beautiful country since we got off the Interstates and all of these new apps make it even more enjoyable.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
I guess we're sort of neanderthals here. We use several of the apps noted. But for trip planning we use DeLorme's Street Atlas. Each Day we enter the destination into our Garmin 456 (I think). We like the ability to route the trip all the way to our destination. Streets and Trips allows the same think I think. I googled a comparison of them, but we've been with SA for a while so I imagine I'll just stay there.

Also we set up an Excel spreadsheet with all the stops and then use RVPark Reviews to select CG's. If we're staying in a hotspot, like Albuquerque for the Balloon Festival. We call early to make reservations and note it on the spreadsheet. As time draws near, we fill in the other CG's.

I know a lot of folks like to be more freestyle, but this works for us.

Happy New Year to all you great folks out here. This is a tremendous resource and a source of many new e- and regular (I hesitate to say "normal") friends.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
There is a link imbeded in RVparky to add sites. Good option. I will help indeed - it is a good app and it is tough to keep things current. I am surprised that RV related businesses are not proactive by ensuring thier listing is on every app.
I have obviously not spent enough time exploring all this app can do. I've just been using it to locate facilities in certain areas.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrwc View Post
Waze has hands free capabilities.
True, but I always felt a compulsion to post photos of lane closures, etc.
Not saying it's not a good app, just that it is better (safer) if you have somebody with you to operate it.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Yes I did down load RV Parky, I didn't have the time to explore it that much though, good to know it also helps plan the trip. Thanks

Tags
travel