Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2017, 10:42 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
This is a very interesting thread. I am on the Canadian trav'ler system and can't get service. Have been having issues since October 2016. Was having the channels issue on and off now get nothing. Have replaced turret 3 times and Lnb once. Have replaced power and interface. Satellite won't lock onto second satellite which we need to do. Something going on here with this system.
Bill,

Did you try the hard reset as detailed by Lynn in post #5?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2017, 04:01 AM   #16

No but after reading yesterday I have decided to try today. My coach os on my garage so zi will move it out later today and give it a shot. What happens is the Trav'ler searches and finds 107W, continues searching but finds 107W again, continues searching and then locks up with an AZ Motor Rejected message. Winegard has not been able to fix remotely. Besides the new turret installed at Entegra last October, I have installed two new turrets they sent me and a new LNB they sent me. We have replaced the interface and the power adaptor, rested the power level, took pictures for Winegard of connections . We have tried running a new power line to the interface without tying into the coach. They just offered to send me yet another new system (that will be the fourth attempt) and install themselves but there are no Winegard service centers anywhere near me (we are in Newfoundland) so I am going to wait till I am in Middlebury July 31 and hope they can find an answer there. I will try that reset later this evening and post results.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:24 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Give the reset a try ... I know it finally worked on mine and I couldn't believe it was something so damn simple and no one (Entegra, Wineguard, Cherokee Farms, and another RV repair place) had even considered, or knew of! I was up for an upgrade on my direct TV box, so called a local satellite provider to come over and do the upgrade and make it so I can have a DVR in the coach (I have one in the house, and DTV said I couldn't have two - I do now!) Anyway, I was telling him about not getting all my channels and replacing the turret many, many times ... all the arguments I've had with Wineguard, etc. He called the owner of the satellite company and he said to "hold the power button and keep holding it, don't let go until the dish stores and comes back on." Worked like a charm! I still have to do it sometimes when I'm changing locations or a really bad storm - but it does work. Good luck ... hope it works for you.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn, just to clarify for me.....is that the satellite receiver power button or the Winegard control box power button being held in?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Lynn, just to clarify for me.....is that the satellite receiver power button or the Winegard control box power button being held in?
Winegard power button, the one that is used to store the dish. And this hard reset does take a few minutes - so have a chair to be comfortable and know your finger is going to get tired holding this button ... but that is what it takes, do not let the button up until it has stored and come back up.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
No but after reading yesterday I have decided to try today. My coach os on my garage so zi will move it out later today and give it a shot. What happens is the Trav'ler searches and finds 107W, continues searching but finds 107W again, continues searching and then locks up with an AZ Motor Rejected message. Winegard has not been able to fix remotely. Besides the new turret installed at Entegra last October, I have installed two new turrets they sent me and a new LNB they sent me. We have replaced the interface and the power adaptor, rested the power level, took pictures for Winegard of connections . We have tried running a new power line to the interface without tying into the coach. They just offered to send me yet another new system (that will be the fourth attempt) and install themselves but there are no Winegard service centers anywhere near me (we are in Newfoundland) so I am going to wait till I am in Middlebury July 31 and hope they can find an answer there. I will try that reset later this evening and post results.
Bill,

What do you mean by AZ motor rejected?

On mine I would get a SK motor stall once in a while which turned out to be a wrongly positioned cable going to the turret. Once properly positioned it worked great. Is your fault an AZ motor stall? Perhaps the cable to the turret is getting jammed when it tilts fully up.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #21

Apparently a different problem than the Stall. I have had that one before on my previous coach. I believe it is a software glitch that happens because the Trav'ler is not finding 111W. It finds 107W twice then on the 3rd time that message flashes. Power off button however will stow the dish and I can start all over. Can switch to manual and attempt to find sats. Again on manual 107W it will find 107W. But on manual 111W it will also find 107W and try again and then same thing go to that error message. Very frustrating. Winegard seem to be stumped. I had been wondering if it was somehow related to the fact that my coach was converted by the dealer from a US Dish system to a Canadian system and I have to say there were errors in that conversion but I am fairly confident we have all that corrected. And anyway the Trave'ler I think works on its own to simply locate and lock onto satellites so it should have still locked on even if I did have receiver wiring issues. Fingers crossed for that hard reset to work later on today when I get home.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
There must be a little gremlin going around and nicking all the lnb coax's as mine went out two weeks ago as well and this was on the same Travler that has been on 3 different rv's up to now...

And to the person getting a dvr...
I was told we couldn't have 2 genie's, but I did get a dvr about 3 years ago primarily so I could rewind and fast forward live shows, the ability to record is a plus
Old 06-01-2017, 06:04 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Lynn. I wasn't sure if you were resetting the Sat receiver to the Winegard or resetting the Winegard. You know me, I am a firm believer of rebooting.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
smlranger, that is an interesting system. RF Mogul vs Winegard - Which Is Right For You? | Mobile TV I have not heard of it before. If you want to change sat companies all you have to do is change LNB's and reprogram. Nice, as fast as new improvements come out between the sat companies.
I had not seen this. Thanks for the link.

It confirms everything the folks at Satellite Systems in Junction City, OR told me about the RF Mogul. He told me that if someone was reasonably handy with tools, there was pretty much nothing that the owner could not repair/replace in the field if they were willing/able to do so. Unlike the traveler which has most of the control functions under the turret (not in the box in the coach as most people think), the RF Mogul controller is in the box that is inside your coach. If it develops a problem or fails, they just send you a new controller. And, as I can attest when we had an issue with the GPS module, you can talk directly to a knowledgeable person at RF Mogul.

And, as noted, it has the cool looking blue LED that lights the sky .
Old 06-02-2017, 03:26 AM   #25

Well tried Lynn's hard reset last night. Unfortunately it did not work so my problem appears to be something else. Winegard are going to call me today.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:40 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Well tried Lynn's hard reset last night. Unfortunately it did not work so my problem appears to be something else. Winegard are going to call me today.
Sorry ... hope you do get your problem fixed. Wineguard is not the most "customer friendly", if you ask me. I've had more arguments with them than I care to remember.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:49 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Sorry ... hope you do get your problem fixed. Wineguard is not the most "customer friendly", if you ask me. I've had more arguments with them than I care to remember.
They use to be great. I hope they didn't go by the way of Aqua Hot.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
They use to be great. I hope they didn't go by the way of Aqua Hot.
No, but their dishes are cooled by an Aquahot system!

Tags
travel