Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #29

I heard from Winegard Friday. Winegard engineers feel that because sat 111w is low on horizon and we are located in Newfoundland our dish is barely hitting 111w but not enough for a connection. They say for RV rooftops they program the Trav'ler at a minimum angle of 15 degrees to avoid any possibility of interference from objects on roof. They say that from Newfoundland 111w is at exactly 15 degrees and that is why we are having issues. The dish can't get low enough. They feel when we travel and move out of Newfoundland we should get service. If we do that will confirm their theory and they will need to write some custom software to allow our dish to go lower than 15 degrees. I don't know why we did not have this issue on our last coach but they say it could be different location on rooftop and because we are located right in the 15 degree area it could have been just luck. I am skeptical but the explanation sounds logical. We will see mid July.

bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Bill, I had the same issue with my TS in Bar Harbor Maine. I could not pick up one of the Sats. As soon as we headed south, no problem. I have not had the Entegra up there yet, so no comment on that setup.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bill, I had the same issue with my TS in Bar Harbor Maine. I could not pick up one of the Sats. As soon as we headed south, no problem. I have not had the Entegra up there yet, so no comment on that setup.
Yeah forget hitting 129 in the northeast. We summer in RI and it is virtually impossible. That's one of the three sats (110/119/129) in DISH's Western Arc and the only DISH sats the Winegard Trav'ler fully supports. In addition, in many markets west of the Mississippi, the HD programming is on the Eastern Arc satellites (61.5/72), so even if you could get 129 you would be stuck with SD, or nothing at all in some of the markets. Tom at http://rvseniormoments.com put together this great map that summarizes all that.

I swapped the LNB on our Trav'ler with an Eastern Arc version for the summer. I do a manual tune to the 72 sat, and after a check switch, the system sees both 61.5 and 72 which is all you need to get most programming in HD for every market that I am aware of up here. We have a Hopper so I don't know if this would work with other receivers.

The gotcha with this is Winegard does not support the eastern arc so there is no skew adjustment. Fortunately at my location the skew is near zero so it works fine without intervention - it is possible to manually move the Trav'ler to adjust the skew.

I checked with RF Mogul and they do not support the DISH EA either, at least not at this time.

BTW while replacing the LNB I learned that it is Port C on the Trav'ler that supplies the LNB voltage to the LNB, so when you get the "No LNB Voltage" message, the cable on Port C is the one that is probably bad.

Tags
travel