Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #1

Trouble shooting Automatic leveling system

Hello, I'm MartyW and a new-bee to RVing. Cindy and I bought a 2009 Entegra Anthem. The coach has a Spartan MMGT chassis. I have been noticing several things with the leveling system.
1) It does not seem to completely level the coach and leans to the driver side.
2) It takes extended time about 10-15 minutes to raise the coach to driving level when we raise the jacks. Sometimes we have to retract the jacks more than once to complete the process.
I just read a thread about leveling and gutter drains, where there was discussion about leveling and using a 48 inch level. I also saw another thread about air pressure loss but have no idea where the places are to check for air loss using the soap/water mixture. I don't think that either of these address my questions.

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marty and Cindy
with Bentley and Royce

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
HHg

Marty,

First, welcome to the world of RV'ing ! My coach does an air dump when I level, which will then take a little time for the air systems to refill when I'm ready to depart. If the leveling system is erratic, check your fluid level.....most times that will do it. Also, there is a way to zero level your system to your satisfaction, hopefully someone will chime in with knowledge of your coach.

Hhg

Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach.

We had/have leveling issues also. There is a way to reset the level position in our manual so it can be done. Dealer did it for us but it still isn't exactly right. When we next go in the coach, I'll try to reset again.

We also have issues with the runoff from the gutters so I plan to reset with a slight tilt toward the back. Emphasis on slight so it may not be enough to move a lot of water in a heavy rain so we'll be investing in umbrellas.

One of our Air Bag (Right term?) guages would show low air much longer than the other and would be much lower than the other after a stop. Dealer found a leaking valve. That was affecting the fill time.

Hohpe this helps.

Emerson
Saltydog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyW View Post
Hello, I'm MartyW and a new-bee to RVing. Cindy and I bought a 2009 Entegra Anthem. The coach has a Spartan MMGT chassis. I have been noticing several things with the leveling system.
1) It does not seem to completely level the coach and leans to the driver side.
2) It takes extended time about 10-15 minutes to raise the coach to driving level when we raise the jacks. Sometimes we have to retract the jacks more than once to complete the process.
I just read a thread about leveling and gutter drains, where there was discussion about leveling and using a 48 inch level. I also saw another thread about air pressure loss but have no idea where the places are to check for air loss using the soap/water mixture. I don't think that either of these address my questions.

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marty and Cindy
with Bentley and Royce
Marty and Cindy, I would seriously consider calling Entegra Customer Service for advice even though you are out of warranty. They will gladly give assistance.

Call 800-945-4787

A suggestion for speeding up the inflation of your bags, have you tried putting the engine in high idle? When parked, turn on the cruise control and then press SET. The rpms will increase to 1000 and bags fillup fast. I too will press the auto store button on the levelers a couple times.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #5

Marty,
In regards to you question on the Air System. If Entegra used the same system as Travel Supreme, then the places and things to check for Air Pressure leaks are at the Wheels. Look for Blue colored air lines at the wheels. If you see a small black rectangular box with an air line coming in and one going out, check that first. Then check your ride height adjustment valves (again at each wheel). They have an arm that connects to the upper suspension arm. They also have been known to go bad and leak. Last, back behind the Rear Wheels on the Passenger side is the Desiccant Filter. If it hasn't been changed recently, change it. That filter can cause a Slow fill on the suspension system, in addition to causing all sorts of problems. THe procedure should be in your partan Manual. Only takes 20 minutes, a 7/16 wrench and a nylon strap wrench.

Also, I have some documentation on the air system. Some from the various manufacturers, some that I have written. It is for my Travel Supreme but it should apply mostly to your Entegra. Send your email and I can email the docs to you.

Drew
Old 05-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #6

Thanks HHg. I have some zero leveling instructions and I will check the fluid level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
Marty,

First, welcome to the world of RV'ing ! My coach does an air dump when I level, which will then take a little time for the air systems to refill when I'm ready to depart. If the leveling system is erratic, check your fluid level.....most times that will do it. Also, there is a way to zero level your system to your satisfaction, hopefully someone will chime in with knowledge of your coach.

Hhg
Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #7

Great suggestion. I'm glad to know that others have had similar experiences. I have been concerned about needing to replace the leveling system but I can tell that i have a lot of simpler options before doing anything that radical. I appreciate the sharing, Tom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Marty and Cindy, I would seriously consider calling Entegra Customer Service for advice even though you are out of warranty. They will gladly give assistance.

Call 800-945-4787

A suggestion for speeding up the inflation of your bags, have you tried putting the engine in high idle? When parked, turn on the cruise control and then press SET. The rpms will increase to 1000 and bags fillup fast. I too will press the auto store button on the levelers a couple times.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #8

Thank you very much, Drew. I appreciate the offer, but I don't know how to send you my email without putting it up on this thread. Is that acceptable in this environment? Marty
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHatt45 View Post
Marty,
In regards to you question on the Air System. If Entegra used the same system as Travel Supreme, then the places and things to check for Air Pressure leaks are at the Wheels. Look for Blue colored air lines at the wheels. If you see a small black rectangular box with an air line coming in and one going out, check that first. Then check your ride height adjustment valves (again at each wheel). They have an arm that connects to the upper suspension arm. They also have been known to go bad and leak. Last, back behind the Rear Wheels on the Passenger side is the Desiccant Filter. If it hasn't been changed recently, change it. That filter can cause a Slow fill on the suspension system, in addition to causing all sorts of problems. THe procedure should be in your partan Manual. Only takes 20 minutes, a 7/16 wrench and a nylon strap wrench.

Also, I have some documentation on the air system. Some from the various manufacturers, some that I have written. It is for my Travel Supreme but it should apply mostly to your Entegra. Send your email and I can email the docs to you.

Drew
Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyW View Post
Thank you very much, Drew. I appreciate the offer, but I don't know how to send you my email without putting it up on this thread. Is that acceptable in this environment? Marty
Marty, you can provide your email address here if you don't mind making it public. If you wish to share it only with Drew, then go back to his original post and then click on his forum name on the left. A drop down menu will appear. Choose send a private message to .... Let us know if you need assistance past there for completing a private message or PM as it is often called.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #10

Marty, or anyone else,
If you'd like the documentation, either post a message here with a good email address or send me a private message and I'll send what I have. If the forum had a place to store them, I'd gladly put them up for everyone to be able to download.
Drew
Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Marty, you can provide your email address here if you don't mind making it public. If you wish to share it only with Drew, then go back to his original post and then click on his forum name on the left. A drop down menu will appear. Choose send a private message to .... Let us know if you need assistance past there for completing a private message or PM as it is often called.
Thanks, Tom.

Tags
leveling