Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #1

Trouble with radio

We are having intermittent problems with our Sirius radio portion of the XSG2NA-X.We will be going along and it will quit and display "no signal". Then after 30 sec, or a minute, or 5 minutes it comes back on. Finally today it went off and stayed off. Took the panel off and didn't know where to start back there. Moved some wires around gently to try and find something lose with no success. put everything back and the damn thing worked. I don't think I did anything. The blue light in the upper right corner of the display flashes blue and after a few flashes goes grey. It repeats this process over and over with radio working and I assume this is normal. No mention in manual. Now not working again. Any suggestions out there?

Mike
2013 Anthem
whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am having the same issue. While the coach is stationary, the SiriousXM antenna reception may see the satellite or upon restarting will not see it. RiverPark sent a new SiriusXM module and antenna. I'm now waiting for a service appointment for installation. While in for service my AM/FM will be checked out, reception is terrible. The RM navigation is finally working after installing a new SD card but is really slow. Voice commands are all cutoff or abbreviated so they are virtually useless. Other than that.... the system works fine!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
On my year Entegra's it was common for too much sealant to be put on the Sirius antenna causing reception problem. Cutting the sealant back on the antenna sometimes solved the problem. Do not remove the sealant past the seam.

I did have to replace my radio for non working FM and USB functions.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
We are having intermittent problems with our Sirius radio portion of the XSG2NA-X.We will be going along and it will quit and display "no signal". Then after 30 sec, or a minute, or 5 minutes it comes back on. Finally today it went off and stayed off. Took the panel off and didn't know where to start back there. Moved some wires around gently to try and find something lose with no success. put everything back and the damn thing worked. I don't think I did anything. The blue light in the upper right corner of the display flashes blue and after a few flashes goes grey. It repeats this process over and over with radio working and I assume this is normal. No mention in manual. Now not working again. Any suggestions out there?

Mike
2013 Anthem
We also had the same problem. While at the factory last fall they replaced the antenna while saying they have had problems with too much sealant. It has worked great since then.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
The RM navigation is finally working after installing a new SD card but is really slow. Voice commands are all cutoff or abbreviated so they are virtually useless. Other than that.... the system works fine!
Have you updated your SD card using the RM Dock software? I was told by an Xcite tech that that would resolve some issues. Even though we have a 2016, the Dock indicated that there was an update available. I've updated our card but not tried it out on the road yet. The software was really slow, taking forever to load and program and lagging behind our actual location. I will update here after trying it out.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Have you updated your SD card using the RM Dock software? I was told by an Xcite tech that that would resolve some issues. Even though we have a 2016, the Dock indicated that there was an update available. I've updated our card but not tried it out on the road yet. The software was really slow, taking forever to load and program and lagging behind our actual location. I will update here after trying it out.
Flora, since installing the new SD card, I have not installed any updates because I am all Mac and the RM dock has not yet been updated for use with the El Capitan operating system. Looking forward to your update!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #7

Like Chuck, I cleaned the sealant around my antenna but did not resolve the non working issue with my XM radio. Finally just two weeks ago Beaver Coach replaced the tuner. 👍⚾️ IT WORKS. Now I can listen to my MLB games while cruising in my Anthem.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:49 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I had the same XM problem described on my 2014 Anthem. CS sent me a new Sirius module. Replaced with little affect. Discussed with CS the silicone sealant around SIRIUS antenna Brobox described. Removed extra sealant. Little change. Pulled radio checked connections. No change. About this time went to Middlebury and got a lot of sealing work done around cap to fix roof leak. When driving home notice XM radio totally without signal. Finally I had an old XM antenna laying around in my hoarder's garage and temporarily connected it and placed on dashboard. Radio works fine. Called CS and told them I thought the work at the plant had broken my antenna or wire, they sent me a new one. I asked where do the 2015s-2015s mount their antenna to avoid this "signal masking". CS said on top of cap vs mine near AC unit. I had a shop install new antenna on peak of cap. Radio works great now but is visible from front if you know what to look for. I don't want to paint it and mess with signal.

I think either they had a bad batch of antennas or the routing of that dinky cable either chafed or broke. The location of the factory antenna near the front AC unit covered with sealant does not help.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:00 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Have had the same issues as most listed here. Driving along, it suddenly has no signal. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes not. Found that if I shut it off completely and restart it, it usually works. I will be on the phone with CS tomorrow
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:07 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
Flora, since installing the new SD card, I have not installed any updates because I am all Mac and the RM dock has not yet been updated for use with the El Capitan operating system. Looking forward to your update!
My update: I have updated my Rand McNally SD card using the Dock software downloaded from RM on a Windows laptop. It did resolve the issues of slow loading and response. I tried to export a trip I created in Good Sam Trip Planner with limited success in that I was able to get it onto the SD card but it seemed to have a mind of its own and rerouted me another way. Maybe it was my settings but I didn't have time to play with it. I'll see how it goes tomorrow when I enter a new destination.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Talked to CS regarding the Sirius "drop out" that many of us have experienced. They tell me, most of the time it is caused by excessive roof sealer around the antennae puck on the roof. The puck has a metal plate under it that sealant should be applied to the bottom of. There should be no sealant on the puck itself. They suggested cleaning off any sealant that attached to the puck itself. Will be climbing on the roof soon to inspect. Last time I looked, I think there is material on the puck itself
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ralph

Tried cleaning that dang puck and it had minimal affect. I'm not sure where your antenna is placed on your 2015 but on my 2014 I think there was too much metal and EM interference around it from the front AC unit. When I put my new antenna on top of the cap it was instant 4 bar signal.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #13
PJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
My update: I have updated my Rand McNally SD card using the Dock software downloaded from RM on a Windows laptop. It did resolve the issues of slow loading and response. I tried to export a trip I created in Good Sam Trip Planner with limited success in that I was able to get it onto the SD card but it seemed to have a mind of its own and rerouted me another way. Maybe it was my settings but I didn't have time to play with it. I'll see how it goes tomorrow when I enter a new destination.

Good luck syncing the routing used by Good Sam Trip Planner with the RM. The RM accepts the Destinations, but ignores the Trip Planner routing. Made the mistake of assuming the import of the Trip Planner would include the routing, but the RM ignores it and does what it thinks is best. You could probably insert a bunch of Waypoints to try and improve the odds of the RM routing the same as GS Trip Planner, but still no guarantees. (Actually, I think I tried this once, and the import ignored the waypoints - not 100% sure on this point though).

I reported this issue to GS and RM a while back and just got the stock response of my concern will be forwarded to development for future consideration. I no longer worry about routing on the GS Trip Planner site, just use it to map out my stops, import the list of stops, and double check the routing of the RM before heading out to the next stop.

If you ever find a solution to the routing inconsistency, please let me know, as I would much prefer to do the routing verification on the GS Trip Planner.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:45 AM   #14

I had this same problem, which just recently appeared. They sent me a new XM radio.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV

Tags
radio