Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Having had both, the Anthem shower is the big winner...and a big deal.

Also the Michelins. Goodyear steer tires are simply awful.

The 12.5KW generator is less than half as loud as the 10KW in the Aspire.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2017 Anthem DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #16

Good luck on your decision. We just completed my search for a new coach, and know it is tough. We have liked a lot about our current Anthem; the 150 gal fuel tank, hot water when we get to the park, and the tile shower was big for me, but I am really looking forward to the bigger rear camera screens in our new coach.
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #17

I too am considering for same reasons. Power shades are frequent problems along with lack of individual control on each window shade. (I don't have power curtains/shades in my stick home, why necessary in the motorhome?) Fiberglass shower no big deal as long as it is same size. The most daunting worry I have is the macerator dump that is on both Anthem and Aspire. Slinky gravity dump has never been a problem on my current Anthem or previous Insignia. A pressurized hose dumping raw sewage seems like a disaster sure to happen sometime. Also a clogged or broken macerator pump is not something I want to deal with myself in camp. I think that my normal RV neighbor helpers would also vanish when asked if they can help with a clogged macerator ........
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post

The 12.5KW generator is less than half as loud as the 10KW in the Aspire.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2017 Anthem DEQ
Ford Edge
Pat, the 10k and the 12.5k use the same Kubota engine and have the same sound rating (68db). Maybe you had an improperly installed unit in the Aspire? We have boondocked with Anthem owners and there was no appreciable difference in the genset volume between the 10 and the 12.5.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...0tyUSbEd4zLEvg
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
One suggestion I can make it to drive both over the harshist road you can find. Shocks and tires make a big difference, but both of those can be changed with the savings. Many of the items listed can be added with the savings, some cannot.

One items is a Samsung oven in the Aspire, Whirlpool in the Anthem. We are currently upgrading to the Whirpool as we have not had good luck with the Samsung.

How will you use your coach, full time, weekends or season traveling?

We chose the Anthem mainly because of interior upgrades and finish.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Will do a test drive on whatever we buy especially after ready some of the threads here on steering, handling issues. Seems most are very happy with the way the Entegras handle however, when some have a problem it can be difficult to get these problems resolved? I am expecting the drive/handling on either the Aspire or Anthem to be better than what I am used to (40 ft non tag) in either case.

We will not be full timing but will use the MH on extended trips through out the year. Some trips will involve 4000 miles of travel and over 30 days, some will be less. Some trips will be business mixed with pleasure along the way. We did not use our current MH as much as we wanted because of business obligations, that is changing and will have much more time to travel and can arrange much travel around business, meetings, factory visits, etc. (will be consulting in the business instead of dong day to day operation). We did not dry camp much in our current MH but that could change with the extra time we will have to use the new MH.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:28 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post

One thing that kept us away from the Anthem was the power shades all around. Besides the reliability issues and lack of individual control, we see them mostly as an inconvenience.

Did you figure in optional items on Aspire when calculating price? Dishwasher, second Girard, slide out cargo tray, fireplace, etc.
Concerning about the shades? So the shades can not be individually controlled, its all or none when opening?

Yes we figured apples to apples when calculating price, added the dishwasher, slide out tray, fireplace but not the second Girard to the Aspire, all standard on the Anthem.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:39 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Putting 2 batteries with 380AH total in an all electric coach just does not make sense. In previous years the Aspire front axle could not handle the extra weight but now it can and also the batteries have been moved aft. Having the extra battery capacity would rate a 1 for me. I want to be able to watch TV and use lights, heat in the evening without having to run the generator a lot.
Thank you for your input on the batteries.

Dealers are telling me that with just using a few lights, TV, (and refrigerator of course) that the 2 batteries should last about a day and a half. (one dealer told me 1.5 days, one said 3 days?) I suspect one would be lucky to last a day on the two batteries without running the gen.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I too am considering for same reasons. Power shades are frequent problems along with lack of individual control on each window shade. (I don't have power curtains/shades in my stick home, why necessary in the motorhome?) Fiberglass shower no big deal as long as it is same size. The most daunting worry I have is the macerator dump that is on both Anthem and Aspire. Slinky gravity dump has never been a problem on my current Anthem or previous Insignia. A pressurized hose dumping raw sewage seems like a disaster sure to happen sometime. Also a clogged or broken macerator pump is not something I want to deal with myself in camp. I think that my normal RV neighbor helpers would also vanish when asked if they can help with a clogged macerator ........
Thank you for your input.

You are the second reply mentioning problems with the shades, going to do a search to see what is going on.

Is the problem getting any better with later models, 2015 and 2016?

Surely there is a way to individually open/close just one shade.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Travel View Post
Thank you for your input on the batteries.

Dealers are telling me that with just using a few lights, TV, (and refrigerator of course) that the 2 batteries should last about a day and a half. (one dealer told me 1.5 days, one said 3 days?) I suspect one would be lucky to last a day on the two batteries without running the gen.
The dealers that told you that don't have a clue. With 380 AH only 50% of that or 190 AH should be considered usable. The fridge alone accounts for at least 100AH a day. The average draw on the batteries (when not on shore power) is about 20-25AH so you have between 8-10 hours without running a generator.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #24

No issues with shades on our 16 Anthem 44B. I think when they went to MCD's they solved the motor issue.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Agreed. I think it would be feasible to add two additional batteries in an Aspire if one were so inclined.
Get rid of the Girrard awnings and go back to conventional awnings, the cost difference alone would make up for having four L16's as standard.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
With regards to Pats post about the generator noise. A purely subjective observation, my 2017 Anthem generator is much quieter than my 2013 Aspire...
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #27

My 2016 has MCD shades and no problems in over 9 months and 10,000 miles of use.

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 07-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
With regards to Pats post about the generator noise. A purely subjective observation, my 2017 Anthem generator is much quieter than my 2013 Aspire...
My generator has sounded like a Johnny Popper Tractor since new. Entegra just installed hard rubber weather stripping around the door opening and it is now as quite as it can be.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote