Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #1

TV Antenna Alarm

All of a sudden I’m getting an “Antenna Up” alert on the dash and a loud audible alarm when releasing the parking brake. The alarm doesn’t cease until the parking brake is activated again. Without a ladder on this ‘14 Anthem I can’t get up close and personal with the antenna, but from the ground I’ve visually observed and heard the antenna go down on the roof. Since I can’t drive with this loud alarm, does anyone know how to disable it. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Hitting the alarm button on the dash will temporarily disable the alarm but sounds like it’s lost it’s ground. Ladder time!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob Creek View Post
All of a sudden I’m getting an “Antenna Up” alert on the dash and a loud audible alarm when releasing the parking brake. The alarm doesn’t cease until the parking brake is activated again. Without a ladder on this ‘14 Anthem I can’t get up close and personal with the antenna, but from the ground I’ve visually observed and heard the antenna go down on the roof. Since I can’t drive with this loud alarm, does anyone know how to disable it. Thanks
The 14's had a sensor on the roof that didn't work well. If the antenna was just a little too far away from the sensor when stowed it would set off the alarm. The sensor might have fallen off or is too far away to close the contact. I'd call Customer service and see if you can disconnect that alarm somewhere behind the dash or on the traveler control somehow. I believe they stopped using the sensors on the 15's because they were so troublesome.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I had that all the time for awhile ... seems my antenna didn't hit the sensor correctly when stored. I rotated it a couple of times and finally found the sweet spot ... so now I will just raise and lower and not rotate it so it will always go down in the same place.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #5

Thanks to everybody. I’ll play with it tomorrow and report my success or failure.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:21 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
If you cannot fix the alignment of the magnetic reed switch on your antenna ( mine has the switch on my old Winegard Travlr and presumably on my batwing antenna, so you might have two to check) you can connect the two switch wires and close the open alarm circuit. This will stop the alarm but forever more you’ll have to visually check your antenna down. You can do this until a new switch is installed or adjusted.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:53 AM   #7

You have an antenna alarm on a '14 Anthem? Didn't know there was such a thing. Tore ours off twice and finally replaced it with something more modern that didn't require raising and lowering. Always thought that since they can make the steps go in when you turn on the key, they could make the antenna go down. Not difficult technology.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:53 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
I do not have an audible, but my light has been on for 4k miles, and I don't even have the antenna anymore. I have tried tying the wires together, taped a magnet to the reed switch....nothing. Irritates me beyond words, so for all of those miles I resorted to a small piece of electrical tape to cover the idiot light, embarrassing, but effective. The audibles are usually about 1" round alarms, that can be temporarily unplugged....if you can find it.
kgchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
You have an antenna alarm on a '14 Anthem? Didn't know there was such a thing. Tore ours off twice and finally replaced it with something more modern that didn't require raising and lowering. Always thought that since they can make the steps go in when you turn on the key, they could make the antenna go down. Not difficult technology.
My 2014 Anthem, built around Jan 2014, had a factory antenna not stowed alarm on the Winegard Travlr optional antenna. I have since adapted the alarm switch on to my RF Mogul antenna and it still works. I Have never tried moving the RV with the batwing up. It may have one also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	448DDA89-ED11-4783-B010-CEE95F7715AA.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	196455  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
My 2014 Anthem, built around Jan 2014, had a factory antenna not stowed alarm on the Winegard Travlr optional antenna. I have since adapted the alarm switch on to my RF Mogul antenna and it still works. I Have never tried moving the RV with the batwing up. It may have one also.
Yes, on a 2014 there was also an alarm on the batwing, at least on mine.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Yes, on a 2014 there was also an alarm on the batwing, at least on mine.
Well, I guess we got short changed then or it never worked, that wouldn't surprise me. Oh well, too late now.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob Creek View Post
That alarm is most likely coming from your satellite dish not your over the air antenna. Disconnect the magnetic switch from the antenna and attach it to the piece mounted on the roof but then you have to visually check the dish yourself.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #13

If you don't want to get on the roof, pull the dash by removing the 6 screws, disconnect the connector to the information display find the gray wire labeled antenna warning and cut it. Tape the ends. You are done.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #14

On my '06 Monaco my dash OTA "antenna up" warning light blinks erratically while moving. I've cut the wires going to the (mercury?) switch expecting to extinguish the dash light. Nope. Light still blinks but less frequently. I don't think my sat dish has an alarm, only the bat wing.

Tags
antenna