Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
TV Matrix Hickup?

When we got to the park today our main tv would not pick up our satellite. We can select dash radio and DVD, when we hit the position that should be satellite it says No Signal. Front tv can select satellite. I looked for the physical box(es) in the basement but don’t have a clue where it (they) may be. I used the remote to turn it off and on and reset 12V power without remedy. Of course this happened just after my dealer went home for the day. We aren’t so committed to tv to call Entegra’s after-hour number. ;-)

I told Joyce a while back that whoever decided to use this blind, delayed selection system should be forced to install it for every tv in their home!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #2

It’s behind the roll out fridge. Open second bay door ps and look behind panel. You should see lights on the edge of a black box. That’s the matrix. Bring remote so you can change it.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:54 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
You also can manually select input wanted by tv. Some times you need to unplug from the basement ceiling outlet to reboot it. 19s have a better system according to pat Carroll.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Called CS this morning. When we started discussing the issue he asked me to turn the tv on and verify settings. When I turned it on satellite was suddenly working! Guess it really was a hiccup!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
TV Matrix Hickup?

This will be a common occurrence. For whatever reason it loses the ability to find the signal. Killing the power on the matrix usually fixes the issue. Make sure you leave the satellite on when you cycle the power. And just leaving it alone for an extended period also fixes it, like overnight.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes, the 4X4 Matrix is a little touchy. It learns what is connected when powered on and apparently forgets. Make sure all devices are on and pull the power plug on the 4X4 Matrix, wait about a minute, and plug it back in. It will relearn what is connected. Don’t get too disturbed when you are watching something and another TV is switched to the same source. Occasionally the first TV will momentarily go blank. Fortunately the location Entegra chose to install the unit is not as hot as other manufacturers have chosen. It is heat sensitive.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:38 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom78418 View Post
Fortunately the location Entegra chose to install the unit is not as hot as other manufacturers have chosen. It is heat sensitive.
Right you are, my 2017 Winnebago Adventurer has the 4X4 HDMI Matrix in a cabinet over the passengers chair. I’ve measured the heat in there at 135 degrees on a 97 degree Texas day. I’ve not had a Matrix problem yet, but the Xite GPS/radio/etc core unit is up there too and it failed once due to heat.

On my RV, when a “source” isn’t actively feeding the Matrix it turns off that input. Luckily, since my Matrix is right there I just reselect that device once there is a signal present... or I switch the Matrix off and on to reboot it. But a signal has to be present for the device to be selected.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bad news - Winnebago has not learned that the AV cabinet is a very efficient oven. Good news, Entegra put it below deck. Still too much material surrounding it minimizing air flow. but better. As for the Winnebago oven, there is an easy fix. Look for a large laptop cooling base. The one I found was for a 17" killer laptop. Put a 5 VDC power supply in the cabinet and feed the wire through the bottom vents of the cabinet, bolt the cooling base to the bottom of the cabinet to push cooler air through the vents. You will drop temperatures in the cabinet significantly.
I am waiting for Entegra Homecoming where I will have a closer look at the 4X4 Matrix installation to formulate recommendations for it. As is should be much better than Winnebago's installation.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote