Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #1

Types of chrome exhaust tips?

My 2009 Aspire exhaust tip is rectangle with the top of the tip longer and angled down and was never chrome and is rusty. I will replace it but don't know what style looks better. The straight out back look boring and would blow directly at my toad or the rock shield in from of it. I don't know if the diesel exhaust fumes would stink up the car? The 90 degree tips if facing straight down would blow dust like crazy when taking off and if facing down at a 45 degree angle would that look funny? Does anyone have pictures of your RV to see what the different style tips look like? Thanks, Jim
Superbee Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, the exhaust tip is just one bolt to loosen the clamp and rotate it to the right to stop blowing dust. The exhaust tip on mine is a Spartan part, but they can be found online for 1/2 the price.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Found a picture of the back of my coach. Hope this helps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1478057784.686572.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	143333
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:05 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I forgot to mention, the replacement tip should be stainless steel instead of chrome so it wont rust.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:04 AM   #5

I am VERY IMPRESSED with the Gibson polished stainless steel exhaust tips that I have bought for the generator and the AquaHot. They are beautiful and they don't change with use. I have no idea if Gibson makes stainless exhaust pipes like needed for our Cummins exhaust systems, but if they do, that is who I will buy. If they dont, then another company which DOES make a polished stainless steel tip.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #6

My chrome tips have rusted. I'll look at stainless. Thanks for the "tip".

"Finally"

Sent from somewhere in the USA
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I am VERY IMPRESSED with the Gibson polished stainless steel exhaust tips that I have bought for the generator and the AquaHot. They are beautiful and they don't change with use. I have no idea if Gibson makes stainless exhaust pipes like needed for our Cummins exhaust systems, but if they do, that is who I will buy. If they dont, then another company which DOES make a polished stainless steel tip.

Gary
I just installed a new Gibson 4" turndown tip and the finish is great
Old 11-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #8

Jim

What was the Gibson part number of your new stainless steel downturn tip and an approximate idea of how much it cost and where it is available? I just looked at my stock Cummins exhaust and it is beginning to pit badly so am interested in replacing mine. I really like my Genny and AquaHot Gibson tips. I measured my Cummins tip and it appears to be 4" ID? and 20" long from cut end to tip of downturn. Would appreciate the information on what you found.

Gary
Old 11-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Jim

What was the Gibson part number of your new stainless steep downturn tip and an approximately idea of how much it cost and where it is available? I just looked at my Cummins exhaust and it is beginning to pit badly so am interested. I really like my Genny and AquaHot tips. I measured my Cummins tip and it appears to be 4" ID? and 20" long from cut end to tip of downturn. Would appreciate the information on what you found.

Gary
Here is a link to the site Gibson Turndown Exhaust Tip - FREE SHIPPING. part # 400413. They have free shipping and it was overnight by fed-ex and the tips were $107 but they are 18" long and fit perfect and stuck out past the rear just right. Jim
Old 11-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #10

That was the part number I found also, but was concerned that it was 2" shorter than the tip that is on here now. I was concerned it would not stick out far enough to get far enough past the rear cap. Did yours overlap the stock exhaust pipe far enough to maintain that distance beyond the fiberglass?

Gary
Old 11-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #11

Compared to the rusty square tip it had on it, it didn't stick out past the body, and aimed the exhaust down. The new tip exits the end cap just right for my older end cap. Yours may be different because its newer. Not ideal but you could add an extension of plain exhaust pipe to get it out further? Jim
Old 11-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #12

Jim

I thought that I would pass this along primarily to anyone else that may be reading this thread. The part number that you found is an 18" tip. When I measured the chrome tip on my 2015 Anthem, it is 20". So I got in touch with the Gibson company and asked them if they had a 20" version. To my great surprise, the salesman that responded said that Gibson has gotten out of the motorcoach-line of items and no longer makes motorhome stainless steel exhaust downturn tips. He did not explain why. However, there are still versions of this model number out there on Amazon and other internet vendors. I assume they are supplying from stock. So, I ordered one without knowing if it would work on my coach or not, but was willing to bet $100 that it would. So I am just letting others know that if you want to take a chance that this part number will be long enough on your coach, it sounds like its availability is limited to new old stock.

When I get a chance to try installing the new Gibson tip, I will post back to this thread to let others know how it works.

Gary
Old 12-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #13

Well, one trip from Minnesota to Texas and the tip has turned from nice shiney chrome to straw colored! I guess it must be hot on long trips?
Old 12-10-2016, 06:50 AM   #14

Ji9m:

So are you saying that in one trip your stainless steel Gibson exhaust tip has turned brown from high polished stainless? I have not installed mine but my AquaHot and Genny exhausts look as good now after considerable use as they did when I put them on.....

Maybe that is why they got out of the MH exhaust business (as the salesman told me)........ I'll let you know after I install mine.

Gary