Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #1

Under counter heating settings

2014 anthem, model the under the counter heating is much quitter than the overhead so while plugged into 50 amp what would be the thermostat settings and do we need either the electric or burner to be on or neither of the 2.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
First, below 40 degrees, you almost have to use the gas/diesel burner with aqua hot (I have both electric and gas burner toggles turned on). Thermostat set at what temp you want, using the gas setting.

Above 40 degrees, you can use either the gas Aquahot heating as above, or, normally when hooked up in a campground, the overhead heat pumps. Noisier, but cheaper because you are not burning diesel/LP. Thermostat temp setting is the same, but you set the mode to electric.

Your choice...a little louder with electric.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #3

Yep that's what I was thinking much quieter, my filters are clean too. So no way to run the lower vents besides using the diesel burner or electric switch beside it to eliminate the upper fan noise. Im in death valley right now not to cold at night. I sure thought I had the lower vents working without the burner on I may be losing it,
Old 03-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #4

Johnny, they will put out warm air, without the burner or elect. element, but you have to be on the road running the big engine. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #5

Got It thx noel you have absolutely refreshed my memory. If I remember correct use gas, setting on thermostat while underway if it gets too cold then kick on the burner However with the insulation it would be a extremely rare occasion while underway to have to use the burner.

Tags
heating