Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Not trying to pour gas on the fire but I go with Neal on this one. It looks like a manufacturing defect, poor solder joints or poor aluminum welds to me. Maybe a bad radiator cap causing overpressure. Just because one guy's opinion that you took your Aspire off-roading does not make it so. After you get your radiator removed and evaluated I'd bat that ball right back into Spartan's CS and Joyce at Entegra and get your RV repaired under warranty. It's hard for me to imagine a road with that kind of debris that would not chip the paint on your RV in a terrible way.

I think you are on the right path. Just keep a cool head and be persistent.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #44

I agree with Dave. The paint used these days is soft and chips very easily so I agree it is very hard to imagine radiator damage from road debris without considerable paint damage to the lower left side of the coach. All JMHO
Old 01-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #45

If you're looking to add to the "Its Friday night, what are you drinking?" thread...

Here it is:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/its-f...184290-24.html

And Russell.... I wish I was there.. I'd be the first to buy you whatever you wanted... and I'm sure if there rest from this thread was there... you'd be drinking for free the entire night...
Old 01-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #46

Thank you all for your very kind words of encouragement. This is the main reason I come to this site (I know it seams just to vent) but the support that everyone has for one another is absolutely awesome....thank you again.

I have so many pictures of the coach that show no damage, dents, scratches, or blemishes at this point to choke an elephant so I think I am good there. I am just waiting for the radiator to be pulled out hopefully Monday so I can get another hundred or so of this and the surrounding areas as well.

DW flew out this afternoon so I am a bit bummed.

For those not joining the "What are you drinking" thread, I am having Angry Orchard Beer....and you will never guess why!

Everyone have a very safe and happy weekend!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarriere View Post
Thank you all for your very kind words of encouragement. This is the main reason I come to this site (I know it seams just to vent) but the support that everyone has for one another is absolutely awesome....thank you again.

I have so many pictures of the coach that show no damage, dents, scratches, or blemishes at this point to choke an elephant so I think I am good there. I am just waiting for the radiator to be pulled out hopefully Monday so I can get another hundred or so of this and the surrounding areas as well.

DW flew out this afternoon so I am a bit bummed.

For those not joining the "What are you drinking" thread, I am having Angry Orchard Beer....and you will never guess why!

Everyone have a very safe and happy weekend!!!
Hope you get things worked out. Good luck!
Old 01-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #48

Not that I agree that road debris could have caused the damage but just to throw something in, Friday a week ago we had an ice storm that hit from Sierra Blanca to Fort Stockton. The freeway was essentially closed due to ice, accidents, traffic moving at 20 mph. We were going to Boerne but spent the night in Marfa at a friend's house because it took 4 hours to get to Van Horn from El Paso and Fort Stockton was out of gas so it was pointless to go on. Here is where I'm going, the next morning we found out Alpine and Marfa were also out of gas so we turned around and headed back to El Paso. Both US 90 and I-10 were covered with gravel and rocks from sanding and from melting ice and snow carrying road side gravel on to the roadway. Every time a car would pass us our van would be struck with what felt like bird shot from a giant cannon. My wife was all upset that her van would be damaged. Now when we got home I inspected the hood front of the car and could see no evidence of road rash. Also, you would think the van radiator would have taken the brunt of it but so far no leak. So, when the OP went through that stretch of road a few days later he could have experienced similar but I think still a long shot that gravel on the road could have caused the damage barring some freak aerodynamic action.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
Not that I agree that road debris could have caused the damage but just to throw something in, Friday a week ago we had an ice storm that hit from Sierra Blanca to Fort Stockton. The freeway was essentially closed due to ice, accidents, traffic moving at 20 mph. We were going to Boerne but spent the night in Marfa at a friend's house because it took 4 hours to get to Van Horn from El Paso and Fort Stockton was out of gas so it was pointless to go on. Here is where I'm going, the next morning we found out Alpine and Marfa were also out of gas so we turned around and headed back to El Paso. Both US 90 and I-10 were covered with gravel and rocks from sanding and from melting ice and snow carrying road side gravel on to the roadway. Every time a car would pass us our van would be struck with what felt like bird shot from a giant cannon. My wife was all upset that her van would be damaged. Now when we got home I inspected the hood front of the car and could see no evidence of road rash. Also, you would think the van radiator would have taken the brunt of it but so far no leak. So, when the OP went through that stretch of road a few days later he could have experienced similar but I think still a long shot that gravel on the road could have caused the damage barring some freak aerodynamic action.

Yes, we can still see the salt on the side of the roads. When we headed out of Quartzite, AZ, and all the way through to Van Horn, TX the roads were clear and the sun shining. We were actually commenting that traffic was basically non existent. So much so that this was going to be the first time DW was going to drive the coach...which is why we were stopping.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #50
waw

Entegra Owners Club
My 2014 Aspire also has a radiator leak, not a fast leak. Every stop it leaks maybe a pint. Called Spartan, have to arrange a place and time to have it looked at. The leak is under warranty and I do not care if it was a rock or not. Is Alaska off the list of places you cannot go, one or two rocks on the roads there. If it has to go on a rack they will furnish a hotel room or a ladder. We fulltime or live in the Aspire and so far have had the rear ac replaced, front left wheel bearing cover replaced. All done in a day. We are in Quartzsite, AZ for a month having a great time in this low 70s weather. I still love living in it and driving it is a pleasure.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by waw View Post
My 2014 Aspire also has a radiator leak, not a fast leak. Every stop it leaks maybe a pint. Called Spartan, have to arrange a place and time to have it looked at. The leak is under warranty and I do not care if it was a rock or not. Is Alaska off the list of places you cannot go, one or two rocks on the roads there. If it has to go on a rack they will furnish a hotel room or a ladder. We fulltime or live in the Aspire and so far have had the rear ac replaced, front left wheel bearing cover replaced. All done in a day. We are in Quartzsite, AZ for a month having a great time in this low 70s weather. I still love living in it and driving it is a pleasure.

All I can say is good luck...I thought mine was going to be under warranty as well....nope!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
All I can say is good luck...I thought mine was going to be under warranty as well....nope!
Stay on them Russell! This should not of happened with a new Coach of any kind! It should of went for a ton of years and a ton of long road miles!!!! If Spartan chooses not to back their product, Entegra should with their 2 year warranty......I would hope........and if Entegra has to foot the bill, I would think they would be looking at Spartan, scratching their head's! and wondering These are "Asphalt Road Runner's" , and I can't see how traveling, anything would get sucked in, past the CAC......to do this to the radiator. The CAC is in front of the radiator......right? Looking at it from the outside? How did things go today?
Old 01-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Stay on them Russell! This should not of happened with a new Coach of any kind! It should of went for a ton of years and a ton of long road miles!!!! If Spartan chooses not to back their product, Entegra should with their 2 year warranty......I would hope........and if Entegra has to foot the bill, I would think they would be looking at Spartan, scratching their head's! and wondering These are "Asphalt Road Runner's" , and I can't see how traveling, anything would get sucked in, past the CAC......to do this to the radiator. The CAC is in front of the radiator......right? Looking at it from the outside? How did things go today?

I have talked to both till I am blue in the face. (pun intended on the smiley above) Essentially, nobody is stepping up on the labor. Which I was kinda warned by the customer service rep for Spartan as he told me that it is a loss for Spartan when they have a warranty issue; they get a new part but have to eat the labor. They tell me that they will take a look at it when it gets shipped back and they may reimburse me for the labor but I am not holding my breath. Nothing went on today just sitting in the parking lot waiting on the new radiator to arrive. Thanks for checking in on me.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Does Entegra's 2 year warranty go forward and cover this? Or is it just under Spartan's 1 year warranty? How long is Spartan's warranty? Who covers the chassis? and for how long? How's this face look-in!
Also makes me wonder, a lot of other Coach's are built on the same chassis, is there other problems else where? I have not seen any on here other than on the Entegra forum.......wonder why?
Again, never answered, is the Charge air cooler stacked in front of the radiator Ruessell? Like most?
Do you know what I mean?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Does Entegra's 2 year warranty go forward and cover this? Or is it just under Spartan's 1 year warranty? How long is Spartan's warranty? Who covers the chassis? and for how long? How's this face look-in!
Also makes me wonder, a lot of other Coach's are built on the same chassis, is there other problems else where? I have not seen any on here other than on the Entegra forum.......wonder why?
Again, never answered, is the Charge air cooler stacked in front of the radiator Ruessell? Like most?
Do you know what I mean?

This falls under Spartan and they have a 1 year warranty. I believe that the air cooler is stacked as part of the radiator. I know that they are replacing this as well as one unit.

Newmar was using Spartan until recently, they have switched over to Freightliner.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
This falls under Spartan and they have a 1 year warranty. I believe that the air cooler is stacked as part of the radiator. I know that they are replacing this as well as one unit.

Newmar was using Spartan until recently, they have switched over to Freightliner.
Oh my lord Russell, "IF" debris ruined the radiator like they are saying.......the CAC would of had to be gone ........ it covers the entire area of the radiator I think? I might be wrong.........AND ....if the CAC went bad..... how long did you operate it with the CAC problems/leaks? A good way to end up with a "Dusted" engine Are you saying the radiator and the CAC are made as one unit? Sorry for all the question/comments Russell, just trying to understand how something so new went so wrong......
Closed Thread