RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Vega Touch Apps on Iphone

I was watching Woo from NIDRVC on how to update a Vega Touch on Youtube
noticed he used a Vega touch app Nebula to update. Checking farther i noticed it look like it could be use for other purposes, Like bat voltage and other beside to update. Im looking to just see House Batt voltages at night when in Quartzsite next month. My question is does this work and which is the correct App, i notice there are several Woo used NEBULA. ive read a lot about the other one that cost $99 that a lot of people have trouble installing it. Read the ratings.

Anyhow has any one tried this and does it read house bat voltages and which is the correct app to use?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8930.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	269420   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8931.PNG
Size:	940.1 KB
ID:	269421  

Name:	IMG_8932.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	269422   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8934.PNG
Size:	958.1 KB
ID:	269423  

Name:	IMG_8935.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	995.2 KB
ID:	269424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegatouchapps.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	269425  

N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Ron,

Those of us with 17s and 18s are stuck with the Crestron app (Mobile Pro G), which as far as I know doesnít get updated; the last update is a year ago. FWIW, Iím disappointed that after paying $99 for the app weíve been orphaned by Entegra, Firefly and Crestron, but such is the RV and electronics world.

2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Firefly Integrations has several versions of Vegatouch covering different models and manufacturers. Before Vegatouch, they used Crestron. The Crestron app was for the earlier models pretty much useless and $99.. I believe they used Crestron until 2018 then changed to Vegatouch which is their design. In 2019 it was accessible via the Internet.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The 19's were the first year with Nebula and it does just about anything remotely as long as the prep-wave router is connected to wifi. The price did drop to $15. for all devices, tablets phones, etc. Nice system, I am very pleased with it.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the info 2018 to 2019 and the problems.
i just saw this Youtube Vid an thought there was an easy way to get batt voltages with out getting my fat ass out of bed. Seeing all the issues about Crestron didn't want to get into that can of worms.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #6

Ron

What you are being told by earlier posts is absolutely correct. What you are seeing on Woo's video is the Nebula app as seen on an iPhone or smart Phone. It is sort of a bad representation of what you see on the VegaTouch panel in the coach. However, the Nebula version running on a iPad is an exact copy of the displays and information you see in the coach. Everything you can see in the coach is displayed on the iPad and in exactly the same format.

I had not used the iPad version for the past year, and a friend of mine, Ditto, told me I was nuts for not using it as you could see more and make your way around the windows much more easily. He (Ditto) had just bought a 2020 Anthem which he has in Florida while he is still home in Massachusettes, and he checks on how his coach is functioning and dealing with high and low temperatures by logging onto the coach using the iPAD app and checking on it from home. I had never done that and my coach is right beside the house now, but I gave it a try and it is really a fantastic bit of remote monitoring. During winter, the last thing I did at night and the first thing I did in the morning was check the coach's temperatures, adjust the heating or cooling, lock and unlock the doors, etc. Now I do all of that from inside the house !!! Amazing. Gettin more lazy.....

However, the coach has to be a '19 or newer to get that feature with the new full display software.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6CUS View Post
Thanks for the info 2018 to 2019 and the problems.
i just saw this Youtube Vid an thought there was an easy way to get batt voltages with out getting my fat ass out of bed. Seeing all the issues about Crestron didn't want to get into that can of worms.
Just set the Auto Gen Start and sleep comfortably. We have all the fancy feature so we don't have to get out of bed.

Charge your batteries 2 hours before quite time and all will hopefully be good. If not, talk to Don while your there about settings.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:55 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just set the Auto Gen Start and sleep comfortably. We have all the fancy feature so we don't have to get out of bed.

Charge your batteries 2 hours before quite time and all will hopefully be good. If not, talk to Don while your there about settings.
I tried this last year at Q but it never started auto, I set it at 12.4 to test it didn't start but later found out i didn't set it correctly somehow forget what i did or didn't do. MY batts never seems to get below 12.4 over night and i sleep with a CPAP machine all night and usually TV all night. I Just happen to run accross the NIDRVC vid and thought id check it out.

Thanks to all for the input
Don is a wealth of info, he's helped me in the past.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:33 AM   #9

Don will get you set again this year Ron, and this time, write it down or note it in your phone.... this getting older is not for sissys...

Looking forward to seeing you there again.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Don will get you set again this year Ron, and this time, write it down or note it in your phone.... this getting older is not for sissys...

Looking forward to seeing you there again.

Gary
Good Advice Gary thanks i started doing just that. Its hard to remember all the little things to do and the order to do them.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #11

I have a 2020 Cornerstone. I use the vegatouch nebula app with a 10" galaxy tab a ... I've found that running the nebula app on a tablet is a far superior solution and will allow you to do most of what the vegatouch panel will do. As well as other things at the same time. Can't do that with a cell phone.

Tags
phone