Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2017, 12:09 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
VegaTouch

Good? Bad?

A service center told us to run because of the problems he's seen or has heard about.

Maybe simpler is better?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2017, 03:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
Good? Bad?

A service center told us to run because of the problems he's seen or has heard about.

Maybe simpler is better?
I have had no problems with mine since the last upgrade....everything
in our world is heading this way......need to get used to it.
Jactravlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:44 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
The issues were bad months ago. When it works, it is terrific and we love it. Haven't been to the coach for several months but all reports seem to indicate that the issues have been fixed in the latest revisions. I sure hope so!

Don't be afraid of it.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:45 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Just out of curiosity, what brand of MH did that service centers represent, if they sold MH's? Have they had 100's of Entergras in with VegaTouch problems? Be interesting to hear.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:21 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Vegatouch

Since the hardware / software upgrade the Vegatouch in my coach and most of the other coaches I know of that had been reporting problems seem to be over.

Even with the issues the functionality of the Vegatouch software was very good. Now that the issues are fixed it is just getting better.

Imagine having a central panel to unlock the main door and all of the basement doors, control all of the interior and exterior lights... fixture by fixture, as a group or with master control of the entire coach, same level of control with both the daylight and blackout shades, setup auto gen, monitor all tank levels, monitor DC and AC voltage levels, turn aquahot on and off, extend and retract the slides / awning, control audio and video and monitor and control the AC / Heat temperature set points. I'm sure I have missed some other functions as well.

Do you need this level of control? No. Is it a nice to have? For me, absolutely. Does it add a level of complexity? Yes. But just look at all of the new advances in our motorhomes over the years and tell me how many you would give up now? Could it be better, yes, but Entegra is one of the first midlevel coaches to implement something like this and did a great job.

I can firmly say that I have had more trouble with my TPMS system than the Vegatouch.

And, you can also do all of these functions on a laptop
Old 02-14-2017, 05:39 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I think the Vega touches fantastic especially dealing with the thermostat. Once I got past not knowing and being afraid of it. And yes the last upgrade has so many new features that make it even better
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:16 AM   #7

Spartan Chassis
The problems were never more than minor. After using it for 10 months I can't imagine having a coach without the Vegatouch.

Home automation systems have been in homes for more 10 years. It won't be long and all high end coaches will have systems like the Vegatouch. Right now it's an area where the competition falls far short of Entegra. Run to it, not away from it - the dealer is clueless.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:24 AM   #8

We love it. The problems are pretty much behind us. Its a great system and its got room to grow and develop but for now, its fantastic. I can't imagine going back to having individual controls mounted for every device and system. Now, having said that, it would be nice to have a bit more in the way of backup control if something did go wrong with any of the main boards.

The folks at Firefly have been very responsive and are always very helpful with any issue we called them about. They WANTED to hear about the issues in the field so that they could fix them..! Novel idea huh?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #9

Picked up coach early December and had one minor issue. It would disconnect from router. New update installed a few weeks later and it has worked great. It is really nice when on 30 amp as in Tampa. VageTouch did all the work.

As for the app I wouldn't get it unless we are doing something wrong. It will not allow you access to the heat and air system.
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikndog View Post
Picked up coach early December and had one minor issue. It would disconnect from router. New update installed a few weeks later and it has worked great. It is really nice when on 30 amp as in Tampa. VageTouch did all the work.

As for the app I wouldn't get it unless we are doing something wrong. It will not allow you access to the heat and air system.
The HVAC system isn't mimicked on the tablet or phone app, by Entegra's choice. It may be in 2018, definitely in 2019. However, using the app it is still nice to stand outside when putting out the slides or to stand next to the shades as you put them down. You can do everything standing at the Vegatouch monitor, but it's not as convenient. The app will do more as more is implemented to work with the app, without having to purchase it again.

If you get the app the best way to have it available all the time is to dedicate a device to the app; we use an iPad. That way you won't be continually changing the wifi settings to go from the app to the internet.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #11

Heat and air are not on the apps but "air" is on the "vega touch" screen available on the radio/nav screens. You can fire up the generator while you are driving and adjust the temperature which will start the two front a/c units for you. That's a nice touch. We've not tried to get heat that way yet but I would imagine that it would either start the two front heat pumps/strips in the A/c units if you set the temps for a warmer temp or possibly turn on the front forced air pumps for the registers on the aqua hot? I'll have to test that out and see what it does..!

Anyone know how if the heat works via the Vega Touch screen on the radio/nav screen?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
The guy actually said "big electrical issues". I made the presumption it was the VegaTouch. He was very honest and direct about everything else that I'm certain his opinion was authentic. I don't know how many Entegras he works on, but he is busy! I don't want to give out his name, but maybe some of you are familiar with him. We are in Tucson. He likes to talk!
Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #13

[QUOTE=Desertboyz;3459563]The guy actually said "big electrical issues". I made the presumption it was the VegaTouch. He was very honest and direct about everything else that I'm certain his opinion was authentic. I don't know how many Entegras he works on, but he is busy! I don't want to give out his name, but maybe some of you are familiar with him. We are in Tucson. He likes to talk![/QUOTE

Like everyone said I had a couple of issues originally, but since the last updates there have been no issues.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Latest version installed January 4th in Tampa. Zero problems and Love the little tweeks. Thanks Firefly!!!

« Pantry door | News »