Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2016, 06:09 AM   #1

VegaTouch (Firefly) - Continued Problems

Well, we're fulltimers and have had continuous issue's with the VegaTouch system. I've been in touch with Entegra CS, but they just push this to Firefly....Looking to hear from other users of the Firefly system to determine if this is an isolated issue or widespread and what you've done to resolve your issues. Here's what I've been experiencing.

This is our third monitor/panel from Firefly and we still continue to have issues.

Our continuous problems are
  • Constant Network communications issues. The problem continues to come and go. The problem appears to be intermitting and annoying with the speaker sounding at all hours of the day and night.
  • Even thou we are hooked up to a 50amp service, we are plagued with announcements of not being able to run multiple air conditioners at the same time. Vegatouch continues to state that the system cannot run the AC's at the same time along with the speaker announcements at all hours.
  • We still need to reboot/shutdown the 12 volt power to perform a reset of the system. This removes the lock-up condition of the panel. Very annoying!!!
Below is the our current system firmware/software versions...
  • GUI Version: VegaTouch_Entegra_Orion10_1v1v8
  • Software: 1.1.6
  • Firmware: 1.1.3
  • OS Version: 1.1.1
  • Creston Version: 0v23a
  • Outboard LC Version: 21
Anybody else having issues??

Thanks....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 06:47 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Paul, I cannot answer for other Vega Touch uses, only the conversations I had with three other 2017 that came into Entegra while I was there. I know the VT was worked on for the same reasons you mentioned. Hopefully one of them might be able to give some answers.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Yes, we are having similar problems. I feel like Firefly is doing everything they can to address the crashing issue, but I would like to see it fixed once and for all. A reasonable fix for me would mean it won't crash more than once a year - it is a computer system, after all, and not sophisticated enough to be self healing. In reality, I don't have any other computer based devices, including my phones and tablets, that don't crash periodically.

We changed the monitor the first time in early April. That one came from Entegra before they knew there is a systemic problem affecting many 2017s with Vegatouch. I just changed the monitor for the fifth time yesterday. Each change has had a newer software version. We have had periods as long as 2 weeks without a crash.

We are not full timers but our coach is never unplugged. In theory, anyone using their coach on a periodic basis, and shutting off the power during non-use, might not see the crashes because the Veagatouch is being reset each time.

As I recall, the earliest crashes didn't show an error message, the system just didn't work. Now the crashes appear to all be Network Comm errors, although the result is the same - the inability to make changes to anything until the power is reset.

I agree the beeping in the middle of the night is particularly irritating, but the system has never crashed while I'm using it so why not the middle of the night.

I'm not at my coach now, but when I am on Thursday I'll check my version numbers against the ones you've posted and let you know about any differences.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to see that the Vegatouch is still having the same problems. It seems that there is some sort of integration problem with the install on an Entegra coach. Hopefully Firefly and Entegra can work it out soon.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #5

Appreciate the responses about the Firefly issues. At this point we really don't have anything major wrong with the coach and we're loving it. If I could go back in time, and knowing what I know about the VegaTouch, I think I would have asked for my 2016 44B with all of the upgrades of the 2017 - outside of the Vega Touch Screen....

We originally ordered a 2016 44B and we were bumped to the 2017 44B. Not complaining because the upgrades are awesome, except for this Firefly product. It's truly annoying!!!!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
Well, we're fulltimers and have had continuous issue's with the VegaTouch system. I've been in touch with Entegra CS, but they just push this to Firefly....Looking to hear from other users of the Firefly system to determine if this is an isolated issue or widespread and what you've done to resolve your issues. Here's what I've been experiencing.

This is our third monitor/panel from Firefly and we still continue to have issues.

Our continuous problems are
  • Constant Network communications issues. The problem continues to come and go. The problem appears to be intermitting and annoying with the speaker sounding at all hours of the day and night.
  • Even thou we are hooked up to a 50amp service, we are plagued with announcements of not being able to run multiple air conditioners at the same time. Vegatouch continues to state that the system cannot run the AC's at the same time along with the speaker announcements at all hours.
  • We still need to reboot/shutdown the 12 volt power to perform a reset of the system. This removes the lock-up condition of the panel. Very annoying!!!
Below is the our current system firmware/software versions...
  • GUI Version: VegaTouch_Entegra_Orion10_1v1v8
  • Software: 1.1.6
  • Firmware: 1.1.3
  • OS Version: 1.1.1
  • Creston Version: 0v23a
  • Outboard LC Version: 21
Anybody else having issues??

Thanks....

We have a slightly older version of the VT and are having very few problems. We spent 3 weeks traveling and the unit only lost communication once. It happened again parked in the storage barn here plugged into 50 amp service. We had a few other little quirky things happen but didn't repeat themselves. I am thinking that the router is getting too hot in the cabinet below the living room TV. Way too much electronics in there and no way for the heat to escape. I am not sure if its hardwired or Wi-Fi to the router. Maybe Cruzer could answer that question?

We do get the AC warning but only when first starting up all the ac's. It seems to work itself out as it phases in the starting of each ac.

In the meantime, if the speaker is driving you nuts, unplug it the next time you have the panel off the wall. I believe its just a connection on the board on the back of the unit.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Aside from the intermittent crashes I love the Vegatouch system. The coach is cleaner looking without all the multiplex strips and the ability to change lights, shades and awnings from my chair or sitting outside is priceless to me. I wish I could change the HVAC system remotely, but that's for the next version.

I would think twice before disconnecting the speaker on the monitor. Since the warning sound applies to everything including tank levels and inadequate power levels, disabling the sound permanently will eliminate the main cue that something isn't right. Fortunately, they chose a warning sound that isn't too obnoxious.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 08-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #8

Vegatouch

Have had 2017 anthem 6 weeks now.

Replaced the panel ( sent by firefly) at week two.

Spent three nights in rv this last weekend ( in beautiful Benton harbor Michigan!)

System lost communication ( simply does not work or respond to anything ) several times. Had to do three power resets in a row at one point to finally get it to connect.

I plan on contacting Leon again to see what else to,do.

System is outstanding when it is working.

Scary to lose air conditioning control when it is not working ! Not happy situation with now air conditioners working in high heat and high humidity.

Tom
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:36 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I have replaced the first Vegatouch panel last month due to lockups. Last week I got the network communication error in the middle of the night. I silenced the warning and went back to bed. In the AM I shut down the AC power at the post, turned off the DC power at the door, shut off all the electrical switches at the electrical control center and left it completely powered down for 5 minutes. I re- powered the coach and have had no issues with the Vegatouch since then .
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #10

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Currently the only issue we have is the lost communication message but it's very sporadic, maybe ever 10 days.

We are currently dry camping near Helena, Mt and have no problem running the front and rear A/CS, both fridges and a few lights. To get to this point the following issues were corrected. We installed a new panel but it had the incorrect software version. While at Entegra a tech from Firefly installed a new panel and updated software. PJ from Entegra found the inverter Chargers were wired backwards. He corrected the wiring and told us to turn off the breaker for charger one when on 30 amps.

I don't know the different versions of everything but if it would help and someone can tell me how to access that info I'll be happy to share. My suggestion would be to talk with PJ at Entegra if you have not. He is very familiar with this issue.
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I am beta-testing some changes that affect the Auto Gen Start function. It's not quite there yet.

We have only experienced a few system freezes.

Aside from AGS, We both are a bit irritated with holding tank warnings (75%) occurring in the middle of a shower...

Otherwise, the system is working well.

We are currently stationery with a high speed internet service with wifi, that has been enabled to work with the coach wifi system so we don't have to keep switching back and forth between wifi sources. That is an awesome feature.

We did a remote update the other day. Required wifi, an Ethernet cable, and remote access software that allowed Firefly install the updates via my computer. Since my computer is a Mac, we used Parallels and Windows 7.0. All worked well, and was relatively painless.

My software versions are a bit different because of the beta-testing. Hopefully, when we get it dialed in, it will be a simple update that can be done over the Internet rather than people having to travel to Middlebury, or going to a rally. They won't release it until it's stable and reliable. It is being worked on!

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
I am beta-testing some changes that affect the Auto Gen Start function. It's not quite there yet.

We have only experienced a few system freezes.

Aside from AGS, We both are a bit irritated with holding tank warnings (75%) occurring in the middle of a shower...

Otherwise, the system is working well.

We are currently stationery with a high speed internet service with wifi, that has been enabled to work with the coach wifi system so we don't have to keep switching back and forth between wifi sources. That is an awesome feature.

We did a remote update the other day. Required wifi, an Ethernet cable, and remote access software that allowed Firefly install the updates via my computer. Since my computer is a Mac, we used Parallels and Windows 7.0. All worked well, and was relatively painless.

My software versions are a bit different because of the beta-testing. Hopefully, when we get it dialed in, it will be a simple update that can be done over the Internet rather than people having to travel to Middlebury, or going to a rally. They won't release it until it's stable and reliable. It is being worked on!

Pat Bauer, President
www.entegraowners.com
Thanks Pat, appreciate the response. but with all due respect, I'm getting very tired of hearing "It's being worked on". I'm getting tired of getting up at 200 to 300am to turn off the alarm as well as powering the 12 volts up and down....I think enough is enough!!

Thanks....
Old 08-17-2016, 06:59 AM   #13

Spartan Chassis
Pat - would you clarify a few things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post

Aside from AGS, We both are a bit irritated with holding tank warnings (75%) occurring in the middle of a shower... The tanks aren't at 75% when this happens? Is this Vegatouch or your tank sensors?

We are currently stationery with a high speed internet service with wifi, that has been enabled to work with the coach wifi system so we don't have to keep switching back and forth between wifi sources. That is an awesome feature. Can you clarify this? Does your Vegatouch network talk to the outside world?

We did a remote update the other day. Required wifi, an Ethernet cable, and remote access software that allowed Firefly install the updates via my computer. Since my computer is a Mac, we used Parallels and Windows 7.0. All worked well, and was relatively painless. What was the other end of the ethernet cable plugged into?

They won't release it until it's stable and reliable. Release what, exactly?

I've been dealing with the crashing issues longer than anyone and so, while curious, I'm also a little put off that they're working on changes (upgrades) when the basic system is still unstable.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 08-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Call Fireflyintegrations.com....(574) 825-4600

Best recommendation....Go to your screen and shut off the alarm at bedtime for a short-term fix...and an uninterrupted night.

Pat Bauer, President
www.entegraowners.com
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, fire, problems