Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
vent covers

In preparing my list of all the addons needed, came up with this. Do the entegras need vent covers installed? I have received conflicting answers from entegra and sales. Thanks.

CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I've decided to wait until delivery to see for myself what kind of covers are in place. I want the special Maxx Fan/Mates Fan/Mate | Latest and will have them installed by my service center when I get home. One owner told me these were already installed but my dealer says otherwise. Who to believe?!?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I have received the same. Was told they are "integrated" into the fan and not necessary. Look forward to hearing your findings. When do you take delivery?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
I have received the same. Was told they are "integrated" into the fan and not necessary. Look forward to hearing your findings. When do you take delivery?
When do I take delivery? That is the million dollar question of the week! It will be 7 months on Wednesday since we ordered.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Wow.....I assume because you didn't want it earlier? At that rate we won't make summerfest!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
No.... We've been waiting patiently for its arrival. I guess it takes time for perfection.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #7

The new max aires have integrated covers. I was going to add them to mine but they did not need it.
Gene
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Great. Thanks Gene. Now will you confirm integrated surge protector, toad brake system, sanicon, and tow bar?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #9

Sorry, no sanicon, electrical protection is surge only so you still need a progressive management system. No toad braking and no tow bar, only a receiver hitch.
Gene
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

I assume that Entegra is using the MaxxFan deluxe, which has the fan built into the lid? Those are designed to close up when rain is sensed. Therefore, you don't need a hood to cover it, or probably couldn't fit one anyway.

We prefer the traditional fan with a vent cover. That way you can keep the vent open when it rains, unless it's a real frog strangler. The MaxxAir 950 Fanmate is perfect for that.

I don't see any manufacturere incorporating an auxiliary braking system for a toad. There's too many different systems out there and you would have to make sure the toad end is compatible with the toad that it woulrde be installed on. I'm sure that'll remain an aftermarket item.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Progressive EMS 50C-HW installed but it seems that none of the manufacturers are doing that and are staying with simple surge protected transfer switches, which don't offer adequate protection, especially against low voltage.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
When do I take delivery? That is the million dollar question of the week! It will be 7 months on Wednesday since we ordered.
7 months? That makes NO sense at all. Seems when you place an order they give you a delievery date and usually they arrive early - or so I assume based on what I've read and heard from others. My concern is hopefully I'll be placing an order in Feb for a 2014 Anthum to be delivered in June. What excuses are you being given? Maybe I can head them off at the pass before any delivery issues pop up...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon4 View Post
7 months? That makes NO sense at all. Seems when you place an order they give you a delievery date and usually they arrive early - or so I assume based on what I've read and heard from others. My concern is hopefully I'll be placing an order in Feb for a 2014 Anthum to be delivered in June. What excuses are you being given? Maybe I can head them off at the pass before any delivery issues pop up...
Sent you a pm.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
At the FMCA rally in Indio, I took the spec sheet from my transfer switch (2013 Aspire DEQ) to the vendor selling electrical protection. His take was that I had everything he offered (honest guy) and so we're not adding electrical protection. We ordered our Aspire in April and took delivery in September.

Stew Stewart
2013 Aspire DEQ
2011 Ford Flex toad

dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent