Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I found the issues early on that needed to be fixed (turn signal camera) and those that could wait (poor paint job on the engine cowling among about 20 other items).
Those are the type of inspections checklist I am referring to. I can understand a few minor items on a new coach, but major paint flaws, plumbing leaks and items not working..... what checklists are being used?

While we are on the subject of checklist. One I would like to see, even if they paid him an extra $20 to fill it out is a diver check list. He could have caught the turn signal camera before we ever took delivery. The number of coaches that have been delivered with alignment problems. The delivery driver has put the first 1,000 plus miles on the coach and what a PERFECT person to report the driving problems before we are told "are coaches are ready".

A driver's checklist would sure stop a lot of bad delivery experiences and unhappy customers after the delivery. I remember Curts first trip wondering why his coach was shooting from lane to lane. The delivery driver knew that when he dropped it off.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 05:42 AM   #16

Chuck, Entegra's will do a lot of things, but I don't think you'll find one that's water tight!!!

While we are on the subject of checklist. One I would like to see, even if they paid him an extra $20 to fill it out is a diver check list. He could have caught the turn signal camera before we ever took delivery. The number of coaches that have been delivered with alignment problems. The
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Driver checklist vs diver checklist? One is used underwater and the other is used by coach delivery? I get the idea. I'm totally on board!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Driver checklist vs diver checklist? One is used underwater and the other is used by coach delivery? I get the idea. I'm totally on board!
Not enough coffee yet I didn't even catch it when Noel pointed it out. DUH! I can't even blame auto correct on that one.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #19

I couldn't pass it up.
I pulled into Lazydays this morning Chuck, so stop by if you come up. Site 34 at least for now. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Here is Joyce's response to my email:

This checklist is something that Tadd, myself and others worked on diligently while he was here. The dealers are supposed to be using it but, like yourself, I have seen where some folks say they were not given this form, or the walk through that we wanted them to receive, at time of purchase. It's a great form that touches pretty much every part of the coach and, if done properly, the customer receives a much better presentation of the coach and its operation. I will sit down with Andy Baer when he comes back from Perry and see what we can do to be sure dealers are using this form and doing so properly. This is the registration form that goes with all the Class A product so it has to be used when submitting the paperwork to us but that doesn't mean that the customer was actually shown the operation of all the items. Actually, if the dealer never tells him the purpose of the form, the customer would not necessarily know how it is supposed to work i.e. him initialing all the items.

She indicated she'd take the issue up with the appropriate folks there. As far as a "driver's checklist", there is one that the dealer is supposed to go through with the delivery driver that protects the dealer, the driver, and Entegra each in turn through the delivery. Chuck, obviously I don't know all the specifics of your delivery...obviously there were breakdowns (and of course, I have no credentials as a "fixer" in any of this, I guess I do qualify as a PITA). I do drop notes occasionally to the Entegra bunch when I see a series of notes on the forum that just don't sound right (like this or the Girard thing), but anyone can do so. I know several others haven't hesitated to do the same.

Anyway, I'm sure Joyce will press the question when the group comes back from Perry.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
As far as a "driver's checklist", there is one that the dealer is supposed to go through with the delivery driver that protects the dealer, the driver, and Entegra each in turn through the delivery. Chuck, obviously I don't know all the specifics of your delivery...obviously there were breakdowns (and of course, I have no credentials as a "fixer" in any of this, I guess I do qualify as a PITA). I do drop notes occasionally to the Entegra bunch when I see a series of notes on the forum that just don't sound right (like this or the Girard thing), but anyone can do so. I know several others haven't hesitated to do the same.

Anyway, I'm sure Joyce will press the question when the group comes back from Perry.
Dave great post and follow up. That is my point regarding the checklists. Why did you and I both have cameras out upon delivery if there was a driver's report to the dealer? Why are so many needing alignments? Steps not working, are items that could (should?) have been reported by the driver.

Joyce has been OUTSTANDING and I cannot take anything way from her. I will do a written report to the higher ups when my situation is put to bed in hopes it may help others not to experience what I have.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Hopefully we will not have as many problems at delivery as Chuck has had. This is not our first coach we have been trading up, first a Jayco Melbourne, then a Jayco Seneca, and now our Entegra Anthem.
brapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brapkin View Post
Hopefully we will not have as many problems at delivery as Chuck has had. This is not our first coach we have been trading up, first a Jayco Melbourne, then a Jayco Seneca, and now our Entegra Anthem.
I am sure mine is one in a million and your delivery is going to be superb. Take your time and I am sure everything is going to be great.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,

Mine had a cable come loose during the drive down probably...then the tech broke a tine in the plug trying to reengage and they had to order a new cable that took two weeks to get in. I know it doesn't happen often because two techs struggled for 5 hours to get to and replace the cable. From what I've heard, the newer coaches have a different system now.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Went to LD today to take a look at our Anthem 44B, it was in PDI but we were able to walk around it an put stickers on the places with orange peel. Got to meet our Dana Smith who will be our advisor when we get delivery of our coach. Will be spending a few days at LD to be sure everything is in working order or to have it fixed before we leave.
brapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Dana is a super person. I can't say enough good about her, she has been great getting our corrective work completed.