Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Waiting for Anthem 44B delivery

Our Anthem has arrived at Lazydays in PDI, we will go up to see it next week and hopefully there won't be too many problems and we can get them taken care of before we sign the final papers. Anything we should be looking for and checking when we get there?
brapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on your new coach...hope your delivery goes well.

Can't tell whether this is your first or not, but LD should give you a lengthy checklist and they should go through it ... every item. Beyond that, which should cover most of the working functionalities, go over the paint, trim, woodwork, etc with a fine look. If it is raining do it on a different day.

Have fun.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Plus, turn on every appliance and every switch. Open and close every door and cabinet. Make sure you understand completely all the heating modes and air conditioning controls. Likewise the TV antennas, both over the air and satellite. Ditto the inverters and auto gen start. Understand the leveling procedure and airing up prior to start. These things can be confusing. LD has a dedicated person to explain all this and she will spend as much time as you want on it. Make notes, and ask her to keep coming back until you are sure how everything should work.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Great advice ^ Congratulations and good luck.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:28 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I will share my recent experience.

Have a plan "B" which for us would have been a motel or head back home before signing anything, if the need arises.

LD will NOT supply a check list, print your own and use it. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/pre-...ml#post1688352 You will be amazed at the items that were never checked on their own list (at least on my delivery)
If there are several problems, do not sign when they say "you have to sign before the warranty work can begin" unless you are completely satisfied that it can be corrected on site. Go to plan "B" and tell them to call you when it's finished. After I signed was when I was told the approval had to come from the factory. Mine is still at LD going into the 3rd week. Entegra has been fantastic!.....but I never should have signed.

LD is so busy right now, do not expect much of a dealers inspection, it will be up to you. DO NOT be rushed for your test drive, if your salesperson has "other obligations" and only has a little time, insist on someone that has time for "your" test drive.

Check your paint job very carefully, look up and look down, were all parts of the coach painted or clear coated, runs, orange peel? Also check for road salt packed around the radiatior and undercarriage. Salt today will be tomorrows rust, make sure the undercarriage will be washed if you see salt. Check to see if the awning lights are working, are all of the ceiling bulbs the same color?

My delivery was probably one in a million, and I don't wish it on anybody. I am going to think yours will be perfect and enjoyable. Do use the supplied check list and everything should be fine.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Like Chuck said, I bought from LD years ago. The normal drill is "let's take care of the paperwork first then you can go to your coach". I'd recommend the opposite. Go see the coach, then do the paperwork. If you find discrepancies tell them to call the techs and fix "their" motorhome as much as possible before you sign else you enter the 2-3 week cycle of getting factory authorization, booking appointment, getting it fixed. They have an army of techs and parts and can fix things rapidly if properly motivated. A paint problem is much harder. If you find runs, drips, overspray, orange peel, I'd have the techs assess it, photograph it and get the expected remedy.

Like MrUSA said try everything. Have the guy show you then do it yourself. Take notes on the AquaHot operation (the most popular question topic on the forum). Don't forget the simple things.I am a seasoned and had to call the techs back as I was departing because I couldn't find the headlight switch (okay, I admit, it's that giant switch with a headlamp on it).

I didn't know they didn't have a delivery checklist. I would bring one. The temptation is high to rush thru the process and get the heck out of there....don't do it. Since they have that Crown Club deal, I'd stay on site overnight to ask things you forgot the next day.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
From Brobox..."...LD will NOT supply a check list...". Unless something has changed, Entegra provides the dealers a 73 point checklist (that most is also mimicked in the Entegra videos) and they require that it be provided to the customer to use. Then the customer is to sign off on the checklist and a copy is forwarded to Entegra. Basically says you have been shown the operation.....for each of the systems.

Chuck, if they didn't do this with you, I'd ask Entegra if this is still a required practice. t one time last year, Tadd Jenkins (who is now gone) told me that that was a requirement that Entegra was hard over with their dealers that it be used and signed. And if it wasn't, Entegra wanted to know about it. To the best of my knowledge, RVOne used it religiously (although I had to show them a couple things they had missed with me). So that surprises me...well maybe not....SOUND ADVICE. You cannot allow yourself to get caught up in the glitz and wow, and not thoroughly check all systems in the coach. JMHO
Old 03-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, the only check list I EVER saw was the one Curt posted and I printed it out and took with me. That has been my major problem since day one, there was never any kind of inspections done to my coach. On my coach there was a whole lot of ball dropping from the paint shop all the way to the LD delivery line. There were alot of things that are suppost to be done that were not, including any kind of inspection lists.

I have heard the term "snow blindness" but didn't think it applied in FL.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
From Brobox..."...LD will NOT supply a check list...". Unless something has changed, Entegra provides the dealers a 73 point checklist (that most is also mimicked in the Entegra videos) and they require that it be provided to the customer to use. Then the customer is to sign off on the checklist and a copy is forwarded to Entegra. Basically says you have been shown the operation.....for each of the systems.
LD did go over that checklist with me. But I think it was more an informational and operational thing than a quality control tool.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I saw that checklist posted on the forum before I purchased but to their credit, the tech at RVOne used that checklist and had me sign it before we left. That was 16 mos ago. I don't know who Entegra got to make it, but the one we used looked like a skewed and twisted font in a fax sheet. I think they would benefit from a more professional looking sheet in their manual or online. Quite honestly a well made sheet of paper or two could save their CS considerable time in answering common questions among all the owners.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Dave (Hogdriver), that was my experience as well...I shot a note off to Joyce to ask the question...like I said, in my day with my new coach, Tadd Jenkins told me that Entegra required the approach used that both you and I experienced.

I'll let all know what I hear back. That checklist was supposed to assure to Entegra that no shortcuts were taken in the delivery they were paying the dealership for....and also that we didn't make any "stupids", that cost major warrantee money.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I think Tadd Jenkins took the inspection checklists with him when he left.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Well...I kinda expect I'll find out one way or the other in my email to Joyce; she usually responds pretty quickly. In any event, the approach used by RVOne was solid...right up to the part where me...the firster who had never even drove a coach drove out of the lot knowing about enough to survive the first week away from the dealer. OTOH, I found the issues early on that needed to be fixed (turn signal camera) and those that could wait (poor paint job on the engine cowling among about 20 other items).
Old 03-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I got my last TT from Foley RV in Marysville,I printed out a check list from Good Sam,I think, and it was really quite involved and I wasn't sure about doing all the things on it,but when I showed it to the salesman,he said that there was no problem with using it. We gave it to the PDI guy and away we went. We found some items that neither one of us would have checked and that was on a TT. You have a big beautiful MH with a ton of systems and a pretty hefty price tag. Spend the time and insist on being shown how everything works to your understanding and that everything fits and works.
My Cougar 304 BHS,we found that they had left two scissor jacks off,a cupboard door just fell off when we opened it as there was only one LOOSE screw holding it on and several other things. All in all it was pretty well put together though. The salesman took me to lunch while they were repairing the things we found wrong and hooking up my W/D setup.
When we bought our '01 Tradewinds a couple of years ago, I didn't have a PDI list,but I really looked it over and the guy that was selling it,was very helpful with showing us how everything worked. I also drive a school bus and gave it an extremely good pre-flight. We had it for about 3 months and several things started going wrong with it that I couldn't have forseen and they were directly attributable to several items of work that had been done before it was traded in and the work was very sloppy. I tried to find out where the work was done,either in Texas or Arizona, but the previous owner hadn't written down the repair facilities when he wrote down ALL the work that he had had done from day 1.
Enjoy your new rig.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote