Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #1

Talking Wannabes-gonnabees-UPDATE

After seeming like this might never happen, our Anthem 44B arrived at the dealer yesterday! Dealer sent us pics and now we really can't hardly wait. Waiting to hear on prep time before we can take delivery, hoping by the middle of next week.
I do have another question, since we are going full-time, which service provider might anyone recommend for television service? Dish or Direct? Pros and cons?
Another 4-5 days, i'm sure we will make it.

Bob, Penny and our furry friends Marco and maddie.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #2

What satellite antenna is on your roof? Might be easier just to stick with what's already up there. We like DirecTV because mama likes NFL Sunday Ticket.

hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new ride.

I prefer DirecTV but Dish has its followers as well. If you have the Winegard Trav'ler on the roof for DirecTV its a no-brainer.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
What Bob said. Need to check with the dealer what satellite dish is on the roof and go from there. Long story on mine, but I switched Sat services before delivery and had a different dish installed at the factory when the MH arrived. I now have 2 different sat services.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Congrats on the new Coach!!! That 44B is the Model we have as our favorite pick thus far!!
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #6

If you have a dome satellite the only service that offers HD is Dish. I have it and am very happy with it.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #7

Congrats on the new coach and welcome to the Entegra family.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
This link might help.

RV Satellite TV, Making a Choice | Outside Our Bubble

We are Dish fans as my DW is a huge football fan and wants the games in HD while we are rolling.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:03 PM   #9

Congrats on the new coach I know it's exciting! I worked in our deal for the dealer to take the dome off and put a traveler with Direct TV on. I chose Direct simply because that's what we have at home.

Good luck with your new coach

Happy Trails
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #10
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I worked in our deal for the dealer to take the dome off and put a traveler with Direct TV on. I chose Direct simply because that's what we have at home.
Ditto - we've used both and prefer DirecTV - had the dome removed and replaced with a Travl'r for DirecTV - it was prewired so all the installer had to do was swap the antennas and add the box under the TV. Took the dome controller out of the panel over the door and put a blank plate there.

Congratulations - you'll love it (...don't expect perfection but you _will_ love it).
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:51 AM   #11

Congratulations on the new Anthem. We went with Direct TV.
LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #12

Our coach arrived with the in-motion dome on it, and I blew a fuse, since we had been clearly told that our coach was ordered with "all US options". I said I could not leave the dealer unless there was a Trav'ler on the roof (with 4 high definition TVs in the coach, it only made sense to have a unit which would provide high definition and a bunch of channels simultaneous on DVR), so a deal was worked with the local sat installer and they removed the dome and installed a Trav'ler (which I previously installed on my old coach, and really liked). Have Dish system at home, but went with DirectTV for the coach so I could qualify for the "east coast feed of major networks". That is something that Direct offers that Dish does not offer. If you have the east coast feed, you get all the major networks (broadcast (e.g. NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX)) fed to you whereever you are, and you don't need to go through the hassle of updating your local channels with each new location you find yourself in which is out of the "spot-beam" beam of your satellite. Costs an extra $15 bucks a month, but the customer service people at either provider are completely brain dead about why you might want to change your location, and the ones that I have interacted with at both Direct and Dish are COMPLETELY IGNORANT OF WHAT A MOTOR COACH IS, AND WHY YOU MIGHT BE IN DENVER ONE DAY AND ALBUQUERQUE THE NEXT DAY! They seem to only understand you are a mobile home (trailer). I cannot put into words the frustration of simply trying to get Direct or Dish to update my local channels from Denver (if I happen to be in Colorado Springs) to Albuquerque (if I happen to now be in Albuquerque). It's astonishing how stupid the customer service people are about motorhomes.

It is clearly worth way more than $15 per month not to lock horns with a person who knows nothing more about the world than what appears on the computer screen at the moment (and no one ever talked to them about the fact that there are people who actually live in "homes" that move around the country on a daily basis) to be able to see the local channels within the spot beam, (instead the east-coast or west-coast feed). Think through that issue before you decide.... save yourself a cardiac-risking series of verbal interactions!

Gary
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Have both the in motion and traveler both with direct. Grand kids can watch cartoons while traveling, and I get to watch HD while sitting. Best of both worlds.

jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote