Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Exclamation Warranty Fine Print: Question

Hello all;

We are in the early stages of shopping and discerning. Not new to buying new RV's and that is why we are being so careful. We ARE new to motorhomes.

Entegra is emerging as the winner, but this warranty line item concerns me (as we are fulltimers, and these units are definitely marketed as "residential units". I bolded the part that I am worried about. THOUGHTS?

From the manufacturer's website:

The Entegra Coach (“Entegra”) warranty covers this recreational vehicle (“RV”), When used only for its intended purpose of recreational travel and camping,

For two (2) years, or the first twenty-four thousand (24,000) miles of use, whichever occurs first.

In addition, it covers the structural integrity (defined as something essential to the manner of construction during the assembly process covering the sidewall framing, roof framing and floor framing) for five (5) years.

It covers RV’s sold in the United States, U.S. Territories and Canada, only.
The warranty periods begin on the date that the RV is delivered to the first retail purchaser by an independent, authorized dealer of Entegra, or, if the dealer places the vehicle in service prior to retail sale, on the date the RV is first placed in such service.

In the event that a substantial defect in material or workmanship, attributable to Entegra, is found to exist during the warranty periods, it will be repaired or replaced, at Entegra’s option, without charge to the RV owner, in accordance with the terms, conditions and limitations of this limited warranty.

Thanks everyone, we'll see what happens!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Hello all;

We are in the early stages of shopping and discerning. Not new to buying new RV's and that is why we are being so careful. We ARE new to motorhomes.

Entegra is emerging as the winner, but this warranty line item concerns me (as we are fulltimers, and these units are definitely marketed as "residential units". I bolded the part that I am worried about. THOUGHTS?

From the manufacturer's website:

The Entegra Coach (“Entegra”) warranty covers this recreational vehicle (“RV”), When used only for its intended purpose of recreational travel and camping,

For two (2) years, or the first twenty-four thousand (24,000) miles of use, whichever occurs first.

In addition, it covers the structural integrity (defined as something essential to the manner of construction during the assembly process covering the sidewall framing, roof framing and floor framing) for five (5) years.

It covers RV’s sold in the United States, U.S. Territories and Canada, only.
The warranty periods begin on the date that the RV is delivered to the first retail purchaser by an independent, authorized dealer of Entegra, or, if the dealer places the vehicle in service prior to retail sale, on the date the RV is first placed in such service.

In the event that a substantial defect in material or workmanship, attributable to Entegra, is found to exist during the warranty periods, it will be repaired or replaced, at Entegra’s option, without charge to the RV owner, in accordance with the terms, conditions and limitations of this limited warranty.

Thanks everyone, we'll see what happens!
Hi Theresa,

good to see you on this forum too (mask-less). That line in the warranty is simply stating that these units are built and intended for rv use and not for public transportation or other type of uses.

The difference between this manufacture and the one you currently have is night and day.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
It also means that the unit is not for full time occupation. There are a lot of coaches with basically the same statement in their warranty. If you are going to full time and are concerned, I would contact the factory and not take the word of a salesman
Old 07-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Hi Theresa,

good to see you on this forum too (mask-less). That line in the warranty is simply stating that these units are built and intended for rv use and not for public transportation or other type of uses.

The difference between this manufacture and the one you currently have is night and day.
Hi Dave. Thanks so much. I am thinking of driving a long distance tomorrow to view my first Entegra in person! I'm very excited!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:29 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I read the statement, I am full time, the folks at Entegra know me well (outgoing National Director of ECOA) and know that I am full time. My calls, questions, use, and needs have never been questioned. JMHO, that statement is protection against the use of the coach as a rental or some other public or commercial use.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #6

Thanks, I probably sound paranoid, but some companies that I have dealt with in the past will point to something like that and use it as a means to wiggle out of doing warranty work. I know it seems incredible but it does happen. Thanks again!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
You WILL NOT have that problem with Entegra if you are using the coach as an RV for your personal use. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #8

Simply call them and have them send you a written letter saying it is ok to use fulltiming.

Then keep the letter safe for any warranty work or issue that might arise. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra does not wiggle out of warranty claims, they step up to the plate and perform. Often times they go beyond what the warranty requires. They are very interested in satisfying their customers. This is one of the best parts of being an Entegra owner.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Entegra does not wiggle out of warranty claims, they step up to the plate and perform. Often times they go beyond what the warranty requires. They are very interested in satisfying their customers. This is one of the best parts of being an Entegra owner.

I agree completely! I've only had my Entegra a short time but they have been a joy to work with and the coaches are very well built.

No RV is perfect because they're rolling earth quakes......but.....they have been great and I have no buyers remorse at all. In 3 or 4 years I'm going to be looking at the Cornerstones.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:08 PM   #11
swk

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
TNTbaker.... I had the exact same question about full time and that statement in the warranty. Glad to hear Entegra is taking care of their customers. We currently have an 08 Winnebago Tour and are looking at Entegra. We are not currently full time but plan to be within the next year. Taking close look at the Anthem 44B or perhaps the 44A.
swk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #12

In our experience they have gone above and beyond what we expected. We know there been some owners who have had issues outside of the warranty period and Entegra has stepped up to the plate and handled their issues without hassle. During out final PDI they corrected several issues we did not even know we had. It is impossible to satisfy every owner but that certainly is their intent. We managed to mangle a drawer when we put a slide out and expected to pay for a new drawer and they took care of it for us without charge. By the way we are so satisfied we are expecting delivery of our 2016 Anthem 44B in early October. I never thought we would be RVing but we got the bug at the Hershey show when we discovered Entegra. We bought a 2013 Aspire DEQ and have put about 25,000 trouble free miles on our first coach. At Hershey the quality and level of attention to detail and to the customer was well above any competitor in our opinion. We bought from RVOne in Orlando (Robin) and have been quite impressed with the people from NIRV in Atlanta. When we attended the ribbon cutting ceremony in June we loved the new design (kind of space age) as well as the new outside colors and interior decorating. Newmar and Tiffin also make great coaches but in our opinion Entegra offers the biggest bang for your money without question. We believe we have made long time friends with other owners as well as the staff at Entegra like Joyce, Don and Tadd as well as many others. When you call they know who you are. They make you feel welcome to their family. We know many that full time and we have not heard of any issues regarding warranty for these folks. We also believe that the new wash and deliver theme will set their quality apart from other manufacturers. When we toured the factory (4th time) and saw our coach about 2/3rds down the line we got excited and were very impressed with the inspection process being done to the finished coaches. They are now doing a full alignment on all finished coaches as well as complete undercoating and have several Spartan workers on site to address chassis issues they discover during testing. We loved the first coach and we are sure the second will be even better. Best of luck in your decision process and we hope to see you down the road at a rally (They are a must experience - great fun). When we pickup the new coach we will be on a 6 month excursion out west then on to Florida for the winter (7-8,000 miles) and we sure would not do that without the confidence we have with Entegra.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote