Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2017, 03:56 AM   #1

Warranty work at non-dealer ?

My wife and I are looking at upgrading from our current coach and the short list includes Tiffin, Newmar and Entegra. The nearest Entegra dealer for us is about a 3 hour drive so my question is this; If I need warranty work done , will I be limited to using the dealership or does Entegra authorize work to be done at other repair facilities? I will commend Tiffin for this as they have been very easy to work with. Also, I have found a great repair shop near my home. Thanks in advance .
islandbum561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2017, 04:32 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra does authorize non dealer and mobile repair services.

As an Entegra owner, I have been very pleased with the outside authorization of warranty service.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:51 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would call both your service provider of choice and and the coach builders now and find out what your options are. It's a bit of phone work on your part now but a lot easier to spend time on the phone then time on the road driving to the nearest dealer later.

Keep in mind many coach manufactures have predetermined the time to effect various common repairs and have set a flat labor time/cost which may not be profitable for your service provider of choice. Each has different policies and rates which is why you need to work both ends of the scenario.

For me the problem wouldn't be a deal killer on a particular coach. I would rather have a superior coach with the floor plan and options I want over the potential for one or two years of convenient service for potential problem.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 AM   #4

My nearest dealer is 6 hours away from home. All my warranty work has been done by me, a local shop, or at Entegra rallies. I do have a local Spartan service center that I have used for chassis warranty.

Entegra customer service is outstanding. To utilize an independent shop, you contact CS about the issue, get the shop to provide CS a quote, have work done, pay the shop, and then submit the invoice to CS and you will be sent a check within a couple of weeks.

This is the same process that is used while you are traveling and a dealer is not convenient.

I have no regrets and love my Entegra.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #5

We were on our way home with our new Entegra last March when we got a warning message about a fault in the DEF system. We pulled over in a rest area to check it out and found the DEF tank overheated by the heater in the tank that keeps it from freezing. I called Entegra who informed me that the DEF system was supplied and supported by Spartan Chassis. I called Spartan and they were great to deal with telling me to find a shop willing to work on it and close to our home. I called the few motorhome dealers in our home area and the only shop willing to work on a new motorhome was the Peterbilt truck shop. Peterbilt worked with Spartan who got the needed parts to them and though it took three days it got fixed. Spartan paid the entire bill and we were very happy with the service and the willingness to get us going from both Spartan and Peterbilt!
Old 09-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #6

In my area there is also no Entegra
Dealer... through my warranty period Entegra had no problem authorizing a local rv repair facility to work on my anthem... just need to talk customer service and get the shop approved...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We've had excellent support when we needed a mobile service. The key is to get ADVANCE approval.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Anything that can't wait to be addressed at NIRVC, I go to LaMesa which is right across the street from Lazy Days (Tucson). I have to pay them and get reimbursed, but Entegra is fine with them doing the work.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:45 AM   #9

Thanks to all who shared their experiences and advice. I will be checking with my local repair shop to be sure they will work with Entegra. After dealing with the awful service I experienced from the dealership where I purchased (new) my current coach,I don't ever want to have to deal with that again.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:20 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbum561 View Post
Thanks to all who shared their experiences and advice. I will be checking with my local repair shop to be sure they will work with Entegra. After dealing with the awful service I experienced from the dealership where I purchased (new) my current coach,I don't ever want to have to deal with that again.
If it was the big dealer across the state from you, boy do I hear that!!!! I made the mistake of purchasing mine at LD and I don't blame you for being gun shy. I will never darken their door again.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:28 AM   #11

I have owned both, Newmar and NOW Entegra. Both have authorized local shops to perform warranty service.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #12

Hey Chuck, my experience was with NT in Ft Myers but same ideas as you and same sentiment!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbum561 View Post
Hey Chuck, my experience was with NT in Ft Myers but same ideas as you and same sentiment!
I think they are worse. We walked from them (ran) when trying to buy a new Travel Supreme. I tried to get warranty work recently from them on my Aqua Hot, they refused becasue they don't sell Entegras. But they sell lots of other brands with Aqua Hots, one of which they will never sell to me.

Tags
dealer, warranty