Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #15

Yeah, but you weld aluminum. Me, I resort to bungie cords.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Yeah, but you weld aluminum. Me, I resort to bungie cords.
In my defense, if you look closely, in addition to the TIG weld, mine has bungee cords too
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko Foto View Post
Please share the make and model of that wash head. It looks so much more stable than the one I have been using.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank,

Funny thing is I purchased a couple of those particular wash heads about 7 years ago.. I get 2 so we (my wife and I) can both wash at the same time. we misplaced one and I've not been able to find it anymore. A shame since it worked great. Originally purchased at Walmart (I think)??

However, I did just order this one (which I haven't tried out yet, but looks pretty good). It's even wider than my original.
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure why the picture didn't post?

2nd try...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1481177941.212075.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	146231
Old 12-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #19
YC1

Looks like one more must have. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Being able to foam with decent pressure will be nice. I have a small electric washer that fits nicely in a small cabinet. Some have taken the housings off and mounted them in the front generator area for example.

I recently bought the small stubby wand and it does an amazing job in tight places and uses the same heads as the large beast.

Has anyone used a degreaser material in it?

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Couple of things to add:

I have been doing the pressure washer/foam cannon/deionizer routine for about 18 months. It is the best way to do the job. One helpful addition: before applying the foam from the cannon, use the pressure washer to rinse the coach off of any accumulated loose dirt. This reduces the chances of scratching the finish from any dirt in the foam "floating around".
Trust me on this one.

Another nice tool is a silicone squeegee that can be attached to a telescopic pole. this is handy for cleaning the front windshield on those damp mornings or removing the water the pours down the side of your clean coach when you retract your slides before departure.

I have also purchased a couple of large gray drying towels from Walmart. These are extremely thick and absorb a lot of water. Relatively expensive at about $9.50 a piece but worth it. I drape it over my squeegee and get those areas that it won't reach - around windows, underside of slide toppers, etc.

You know, after reading my own post, I may be a candidate for some serious therapy!!
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #21

soap brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJamie View Post
We are currently on our second coach.. our first was a 39 foot DP. So all in all we have been part time Rv'ers for about 8 years. Washing the coach has always been either time consuming or costly. I've done it myself and I've paid others to wash and wax several times only to have that sinking feeling when I must travel down a gravel road or thru a rain storm. (And it always seems to rain after I've plunked down several hundred to have it done).

I think we have cracked the code..

1st.. Foam cannon. This device fits on the end of a pressure washer and turns a couple ounces of soap into TONS of foam. Takes about 20 seconds to foam up literally one whole side of your Rv. With a good quality wash head (preferably lambs wool, NO BRUSH as this will leave tiny scratches) and you can wash a whole side of the coach in 15 minutes.

2nd.. The Cr Spotless works as advertised. No more drying and no more water spots. Use as a final rinse after you have washed and rinsed all the soap off. This "final final" rinse gets all the impurities off from the tap water that leaves water spots behind. Your glass and finish will shine!

Attachment 146132

Attachment 146133

Attachment 146134

What soap do you use on your coach?
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
What soap do you use on your coach?

I have tried several over the years, and I'm definitely not an authority on the subject, but have had the best results with a soap called glossworkz from the chemical guys. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, have just had good luck with their products. A friend of mine has a 2000 American Dream. His finish is in great shape as he has always kept it garaged. Anyway, we washed his rig using my method and both of us were amazed at how good it looked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1481223909.939848.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	146264
Old 12-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #23

Thanks, Jamie - That looks like the right one for me. They are sold out until the 19th but we will be on the road by then. Maybe they'll have one at Quartzsite, or when we settle in Tucson for a bit maybe have it sent there. I have one now but it's not very good for the purpose.

Cheers!
Frank