Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2017, 11:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Dave, the Ryobi pressure washer went on sale at Home Depot today for $79. Ryobi Ryobi 1,600 PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer-RY141600 - The Home Depot

Thanks Chuck
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Thanks Chuck. I was ready to jump on that when I read down thru the Q&As on the Home Depot site and saw a Ryobi response to the question "Is it safe to wash cars?" - their response was "we do not suggest it.".

Is this too much pressure for our needs?
1600 psi isn't too much to wash cars unless you hold the tip of the washer inches from the paint. I currently use a pressure washer with 3600 psi but it's gas and too big to haul in the MH.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:23 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Thanks Chuck. I was ready to jump on that when I read down thru the Q&As on the Home Depot site and saw a Ryobi response to the question "Is it safe to wash cars?" - their response was "we do not suggest it.".

Is this too much pressure for our needs?
I have been using larger ones for years. The smaller units have adjustable spray ends that I use the fan spray for the MH. Do not use the pinpoint to try to take bugs off...it will take the paint off and why Ryobi is CYA on their answer.

I am currently carrying a Harbor Freight 1750 PSI on board and it's great for doing the MH and stores nicely.

Watch how the mobile wash guys in the RV parks use pressure washers....nice and easy with a fan spray.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:38 PM   #46

I also have been told never to use a power washer on a motorhome..its actually in may owners manuals..
I am guessing the power washer is what actually gets the road grime off
With this cannon .. not so much the soap. But it seems the power washer will strip the paint sealant and or wax right along with the road grime.
There's a reason it's not recommended. Wash mitt with the cr spotless is a safe route
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I also have been told never to use a power washer on a motorhome..its actually in may owners manuals..
With this cannon .. not so much the soap. But it seems the power washer will strip the paint sealant and or wax right along with the road grime.
There's a reason it's not recommended. Wash mitt with the cr spotless is a safe route
Nothing wrong with doing it by hand. But if the Newalls, and other high $$ coaches have built in pressure washers, and I have used one on my last two MH's with no problems. I think a light pressure washer taking the heavy dirt off is less damaging that hosing and and washing a dirty surface by hand, but that is just me. I still hand wash, but after the pressure washer has taken the heavy dirt off.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #48

Good point... I think pressure washers can be dangerous in the wrong hands is all, if you know how to only fan with it then it's fine. But not everyone does. [emoji846]
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #49

Quote:
If you need to use a wash mitt on top of using this foam cannon then what is the benefit .. so basically this cannon is a device to apply soap and if the coach is actually dirty then you still need to use a wash mitt. just don't think there is a way to skip the old fashion scrub process if you truly want a clean coach jmo

It makes it much easier to get it sparkling clean. Also, it gets most of the dirt off so you are not making swirl marks from rubbing ultra fine dirt onto the paint. End result is less effort on my part to make my things sparkling clean. Ymmv
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #50

Quote:
If you need to use a wash mitt on top of using this foam cannon then what is the benefit .. so basically this cannon is a device to apply soap and if the coach is actually dirty then you still need to use a wash mitt. just don't think there is a way to skip the old fashion scrub process if you truly want a clean coach jmo
The word scrub conjures up visions of major swirl marks... EEEEEEEKKKKK
I use a channel mop on a telescoping handle. I make sure the surface is very wet and the op is full of suds. When the bucket looses suds, I either agitate it with spotless water add soap or both. I also use the two bucket method also with spotless water. I rinse the mop after each soapy pass.

Using the foam gun will remove much of the grit without touching the surface. Less grit, less chance of marring the surface.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #51

Quote:
Not if you're using a good sealant and low pressure. Wax is another story. Wax is gone in two weeks regardless of how you wash. It just doesn't hold up well. A good sealant will last 3-6 months.
The point of using a pressure washer is to loosen the grit, but too much pressure will embed the grit. Lower the pressure and you won't hurt the surface. I only use mine on wheels and glass surfaces, or on the diamond shield. For the rest I just hose it down as good as I can, the lather it up with a good quality car wash soap.I can't imagine the foam gun requires high pressure to operate properly.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:49 AM   #52

Foam Cannon Rocks

Yep, have the same foam cannon and love it. Soak it down, rinse it off and hit it with Chuck's spotless water rinse contraption and we are good to go. I did the bus and jeep all at the same time and it really works well. My neighbors wanted to get in line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8182.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	435.0 KB
ID:	156702  
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:22 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
Yep, have the same foam cannon and love it. Soak it down, rinse it off and hit it with Chuck's spotless water rinse contraption and we are good to go. I did the bus and jeep all at the same time and it really works well. My neighbors wanted to get in line.

Looks good......Just needs a cherry on the top
Old 03-31-2017, 03:10 PM   #54

Lol. That's a little better pic than mine of the rzr showing the amount of foam generated from a cannon. Nice!
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Michael, if I did that in FL, it would be dry before I got from one end to the other. Looks like it does do a good job.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:12 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
I'm with Brobox. Out here in AZ, its a dry heat. Just how long can the foam be left before rinsing. When I wash I have to rinse immediately
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote