Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #1

Washing the coach/tow vehicle in the park

I always wash the bugs off the front of my coach right after I arrive. If I don't see anything in the park rules I wash my vehicle and sometimes the whole coach. Today I received a warning while washing my vehicle even though there were no posted park rules against this. How often do you run into problems keeping things clean?
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #2

Most parks do not allow owner washing. Many have a preferred wash crew they will schedule for you,
Old 08-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2flyfishin View Post
I always wash the bugs off the front of my coach right after I arrive. If I don't see anything in the park rules I wash my vehicle and sometimes the whole coach. Today I received a warning while washing my vehicle even though there were no posted park rules against this. How often do you run into problems keeping things clean?
When washing the bugs off I usually use the water from the 100 gallon fresh water tank onboard so I can have hot water to rinse with. At one park they said something and I just told them this and they were happy as they could see I had not connected to the park water supply.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:16 AM   #4
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
I always ask about washing when I’m checking in. If they say no, I then ask about washing bugs on front - and almost always get an OK - often with a comment like “use a bucket, not a hose”.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #5

I never ask. But I don't use a hose. A bucket and their water. Never had an issue.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
I never ask. But I don't use a hose. A bucket and their water. Never had an issue.
I always ask if on site washing is allowed. If they don't have their own mobile wash service many will just charge a small fee to let you wash your coach.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Come up to Stoneridge. No restrictions on washing and water is about 100 PPM
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wash bugs off front with a hose almost at every stop without asking, never have had a problem.

Most do not allow washing, will let it go dirty or wait until I'm going to be somewhere for a while and get a mobile wash by the RV Park approved services.

Have run across only a few parks that state in policies it is OK to wash, also a few that had a specific place in park to wash.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:13 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Washing the coach/tow vehicle in the park

Never did a full wash on the road but almost always give coach a “sponge” bath. Bucket soapy water, wet microfiber towel for rinse, microfiber towel for drying. Use this for the front and lower bay doors when filthy. Time permitting I may go over with a Wash Wax All. Same thing for toad depending on condition.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I think it would matter if you had hoses buckets and sponges out sites aren't that big not sure your neighbor would like soap suds making there way to their site
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #11

I wouild guess that at 70% of the RV parks that we have patronized, the written rules prohibit washing the coach. Scrubbing the windshield with your own water (from your own tank) or even a bucket full from their supply will usually not elicit any concern... but a lot of people would let the water run full bore for the 90 minutes it took to wash their coach, and 60 minutes to talk with the owner beside them and a half hour to drink a cold one or two. Sooooooo, most parks protect themselves by prohibiting it. Or you can pay some professional service $150-$400 to do it for you....

I hope for a nice rain.

You'd think someone would come up with the novel fee..... $20 wash water permit.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I use Wash/Wax all when on the road unless it is real dirty. In those cases I wait until I can get to a truck wash or home.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:47 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i ask if its any restrictions of we are in area that is dry or has water issues.
but i also use a bucket with warm water and soft cloth to remove the dead bugs,
then rinse the cloth and wipe again and then dry, takes about 5 minutes, if its a bad bug day then i make sure they know i will be cleaning the big window
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
You'd think someone would come up with the novel fee..... $20 wash water permit.

Gulf Waters RV Resort in Port Aransas, TX offers a $10 wash permit. They will even let you borrow a long hose.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow