RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Water dripping out of ceiling light

I've searched and searched this forum, I know others have commented on this, but we have had some water drip out of a ceiling light (actually two different ceiling lights on two different occasions.) First time I thought it was because the light was on and I had the door open and it was very humid. Yesterday happened again, different light, and the door was closed. Still very humid (this is lower Alabama) After pulling down the light, got a couple of tablespoons full of water and then nothing. Thoughts? Thanks, Lynn

DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #2

Had the very same thing happen to a 5er I use to own. Trued out to be a roof leak at a seam caused a lot of damage, internal, and had to have the roof repaired.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #3

Lynn

Which lights are you talking about?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Lynn

Which lights are you talking about?

Gary
Light on the ceiling that is directly above the couch - but not on the slide out. And then the one behind the drivers seat above the tv ... but again, not on the slide. It rained yesterday .. but the first time on the seat above the couch on the PS it hadn't rained for days.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #5

OK, I am assuming by lights that you mean the sealed beam LED lights that are inserted into the ceiling.... If so, then I am pretty certain that those lights cant leak or even accumulate moisture. So I would be considering 1.) if you have leaks somewhere in the roof close to where the light is located, or 2.) there is water or condensation coming from the air conditioning system.

Prime leak sources are the screws that hold down the Girard and fake Girard awnings.

I would suggest that you carefully pull out both of those lights (I use pliers to remove them as the snaps can really smash your fingers if you do it by hand) and then feel above the lights to see if the insulation in and around the lights are wet. If there is a roof leak, you will find the insulation wet.

I had a bunch of poor seals around the marker lights on my coach and it was not until we resealed all the marker lights on the front cap with silicone caulk, I had repeated leaks, primarily during and after rain.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn, has the roof been inspected lately? Do you still have the original sealant?
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #7

This may not be anything to do with your problem but before we traded for our Entegra Anthem we had a new 16 Allegro Bus.

We had water from ceiling in bedroom with no rain outside... turned out our AC pump was not working and drain pan on AC was backing up and flowing into ceiling.

Hope you get your problem fixed and it is nothing major!

Daphne and Stephen
18Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:49 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Lynn, this might help, same light and the same State Water coming in through light fixture
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #9

We had those leak a couple of times. Once the ac drain was clogged and the high humidity filled and overflowed the ac drip pan and it came in the lights and some in the vents. The other time we had the Girard anchor leak problem so it could be either or a roof seam sealant crack. If the ac vend stay completely dry you can likely eliminate that as a cause and it will be one of the other two, most likely the Girard awning anchors. All JMHO
Old 10-21-2018, 04:52 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks everyone ... just got back to the rv and will be doing some investigation tomorrow. Yes, I have had my roof seems checked out and all seemed to be fine. But, I will have someone really check it all this week. Always something ....
Old 10-21-2018, 06:11 PM   #11

Had the same issue after one of my air conditioner was replaced. They did not install the gasket properly and had actually left out part of the gasket.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #12

We had same issue. Ac drain stopped up, took $15 blower with fine point blew out line problem solved. Never leaked again
jjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #13

We also had water dripping out of the ceiling lights. For us, the problem was the AC freeze sensor was not in the proper position causing the AC to freeze up on occasion and leak.

dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, light, water