RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2019, 07:41 AM   #1

Water Filter in 2019 Whirlpool clothes washer

The DW tried to wash an area rug in the washer and we discovered that it had not pumped out all the water. Looked like it probably did not spin enough to get the water out of the rug. She swears that she did this already, but my guess is that the rug was too heavy when wet to run in the spin cycle. We air dried it and the washer has been running and spinning fine on other loads so we think the washer is OK. I still think the rug was too heavy.

Anyhow. in reading through the manual for the washer, I discovered that there is a water filter located in the front of the washer down at the bottom. There is a panel there and the washer / dryer unit is held in place with a wood brace. The questions are: is this an incoming water filter (my guess) or outgoing (doesnt make a lot of sense), and has anyone ever found a need to replace or check it???? Since our water is filtered at least one time and sometimes more than once in our coaches, I assume that this is not something that needs regular service.

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Gary If you are referring to the filter at the bottom of the washer (round and screws out) It is an outgoing filter so the drain line do not plug up with lint. They should be cleaned regularly. That screen getting any debris causes the error code F10 if I remember correctly and the machine will not go into high spin cycle. I clean mine at the end of each season and wash the heavy rugs when we get home.
I haven't looked at the 19 if it is still the same. Is the filter in question the round hole in the upper right corner of this photo?

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Gary If you are referring to the filter at the bottom of the washer (round and screws out) It is an outgoing filter so the drain line do not plug up with lint. They should be cleaned regularly. That screen getting any debris causes the error code F10 if I remember correctly and the machine will not go into high spin cycle. I clean mine at the end of each season and wash the heavy rugs when we get home.
I haven't looked at the 19 if it is still the same. Is the filter in question the round hole in the upper right corner of this photo?

Hey Chuck, very odd location to wash clothes ! Back on topic , we replaced our problematic Whirlpool Washer in late May, 2018 with the Whirlpool model being installed at that time and that is the location of the outlet filter. My understanding is the 19's are the same.
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Ours got the error and it had a color sheet stuck in it. They aren't allowed in the washer anymore after have to take it apart to get the sheet out of that filter. Be prepared for a mess with all the water that is backed up in the unit. It isn't difficult just messy!
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
It is a catch basket to prevent items from being sucked into the pump. It will also build up wet lint in there which really stinks. The panel is not hard to remove. I use a 8 inch magnetic drill extension wit a #2 square bit. Remove 4 screws and the wood panel slides right out. The washer kick plate is just clipped on. Have towels ready as it will drain at-least a full cup of water.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
thank guys for this information - would have not know about this until we would have gotten the error message
Old 02-22-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Chuck

I haven't removed the wood bracing yet, but would not be a bit surprised that when I do, I will find exactly the same thing you show in your picture. I think that I am going to need a right angle Phillips to get enough leverage to back out those screws.... a straight Phillips was not doing the trick.

It helps to know that it is on the outflow side. That was my reading of the manual, not in-flo, but I NEVER, ever dealt with that filter in the 3 years that I owned my Anthem so guess I never read the manual or found a reason that suggested it could be a problem. I will find a way to back out the screws and check on what I find. Thanks for all the information.

For those, like me, that have never dealt with this filter before, I have attached a photo of my installation. The white panel is right behind the wood brace but not particularly visible in the image (actually, it shows pretty well ).

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whirlpool washer bracing in front of filter.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	235728  
Old 02-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
The screws are #2 square bit.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #9

Mine are #2 combination bits.... square with distinct splines on all four corners that fit #2 Phillips. Most of my square bits are actually square. I'll give that a try.

Gary

Tags
water