Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #1

Water pump

Interesting anecdote from our last stay at Shipshewana. Looking around the flea market and go a cell call from the campground that our coach alarm was going off. Headed right back go the campground....parked a mile away in the wrong direction of course. Got a second call to hurry as "water is pouring out of your coach every where." This makes one evision the coach looking like a goldfish bowl when you get there.

Got to the coach. No problem evident at all. Another Entegra owner, Tim I think.....THANKS Tim.... had turn the faucet at the campground water off so the leak(s) had stopped.

Long story short: the backflow diaphragm in the pump had suddenly failed while we were away and the city water had started to fill the fresh water tank, overfilled it an the excess was pouring out the overflow/vent which looked like "every where" as it is under the coach. Nothing at all wrong with the coach otherwise.

Called CS and confirmed diagnosis. Since we were headed to the Ribbon Cutting the next day I wanted to fix the problem before we unhooked to be sure everything was working. Brian in CS stopped by the campground at 6:00AM the next morning and handed me a new pump from the factory. Other than two of the mounting screws which were stripped and a PIA to get out the new pump was in place shortly and solved the problem.

Big shout out to Brian and the usual fine response and service by Entegra CS. Joyce has really instilled a sense of "get it done" and entitlement to make decisions by the CS agents which I find very refreshing instead of management second guessing every move. The folks are free to just get the job done and it really shows. This alone is worth owning an Entegra.

They make pretty effective mud boggers also!!
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #2
Community Administrator

I shut the water off every time we left the CG. It was a pain but I didn't want to come home to what you did. I've seen it happen a few times and it's not pretty.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I shut the water off every time we left the CG. It was a pain but I didn't want to come home to what you did. I've seen it happen a few times and it's not pretty.

While that is a good practice, it will not prevent the failure described above. The back flow valve is part of the pump and is not controlled by power or not.

Better advice, is to turn off the city water supply whenever leaving your site. And yes that is a PITA.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 06-23-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Oh, sorry, I mis-read what you posted. Must be old-timers....

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 06-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #5

Yep, experience is a wonderful thing....too bad you have to get old to get it.

BTW, the water pump was not turned on but the city water faucet was indeed left on.

Having learned this lesson I, too, will start to turn the city water off when we leave. I'll have to make a tag on the toad steering wheel to remind me.
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump