Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #1

Water pump replacement options ?

I know this subject has been heavily talked about but what is a good
Replacement pump for a anthem?

I think stock is shurflo 3.5 gpm

I think the shurflo 4.0 ( 4048 model) I believe would be a nice upgrade with a bit more
Pressure... but for those who have gone with this option was there
A issue with the Aqua hot being only to keep up with 1.5 gpm...
And is it a plug and play swap out..
Thanks in advance for those who have upgraded

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I upgraded to the 4048 before leaving on this trip. No problems with the Aqua Hot keeping up, we have never run out of hot water. A couple of weeks ago the pump started cycling, but that is a simple adjustment and on my list for tomorrow.

brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #3

I went with the 4048 too. It's working great.

I also feel the RVWATERFILTERSTORE's Aquajet ARV would have been a good unit too.

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/RFB.htm

I will point out, that a negative to superior water pressure/flow, is the GPM value of the spec's, for those that Boon Docking quite a bit...

IMO, no loser's between the 4048, and the Aquajet ARV... Look over the spec's, and choose the one with the lost GPM - IF - Boon Docking is part of your consideration.

Really a Win/Win between the these two!

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 09-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #4

I installed a 4048 about a year ago. It works great and was a direct exchange job. Mine did start to rapid cycle and I needed to have the DW turn the water in the sink on and off as I played with the bypass point as well as the on-off pressure points.

Now, I got everything to work right and not recycle, but frankly it was not done by adjusting the pressure points in the way the instructions said to do it. I kept adjusting until it worked right. In essence, trial and error.

Gary
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #5

We have the ARV, which has its own dedicated circuit and ground. I use the original switches to trigger a 30A relay. FYI, if mounting the ARV exactly as the stock pump is mounted, will result in a ton of noise.

I made a special mount using some shelf brackets and rubber mounts for a VW air pump. Now, you can barely hear it run.

This pump results in very good flow and pressure.

I find it works fine boondocking. I take a really short shower because it doesn't take long to rinse off.

I think the 4048 is also a good pump.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	883.2 KB
ID:	176754   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	176755  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	176756   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	176757  

Matt D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #6

Just ordered a Shurflo 4.0 (4048 model) as a spare to have on hand since we are full timers. Thanks for the info.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #7

Name:   IMG_0611.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  29.1 KB

I just ordered this flojet with a built in 1.1 gallon accumulator tank. Expensive as hell, but I'm going to give it a try. Should be good for operating multiple plumbing taps simultaneously. Tank will smooth out the water flow and keep the first 30 seconds or so of operation silent.
swberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:34 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
swberry, I'm with you in thinking the water system needs an accumulator.
I wonder why the manufacturers left it out ? Cost cutting ?

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
JNSNWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #9

Sid, I can't tell what model FloJet that is.

I do know the variable speed pumps don't like accumulators. Many manufacturers use these types of pumps.

Our ARV instructions state clearly to not use an accumulator.

-Matt
Matt D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNSNWT View Post
swberry, I'm with you in thinking the water system needs an accumulator.
I wonder why the manufacturers left it out ? Cost cutting ?

Yes I think so. The stock pump is adequate, but not good for running multiple taps. Can't blame the manufacturers for working to keep the cost down. The good news for those of us who can't afford the Newell is that we can upgrade where we prefer/need to.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Sid, I can't tell what model FloJet that is.

I do know the variable speed pumps don't like accumulators. Many manufacturers use these types of pumps.

Our ARV instructions state clearly to not use an accumulator.

-Matt

Hey Matt. I can't find the model number for the pump itself as the unit is sold as an entire system. I included a description of the system. It is designed for use in boats and motorhomes with multiple plumbing taps and high volume water appliances. It is also designed for silent operation for a period of time because of the relatively large accumulator. I've already changed the 7 amp breaker to a 10 amp breaker in the half bath for this pump. Here is the description. Let me know what you think;

The Flojet 02840100D High Volume RV Water Pump System was designed to handle the water needs from a washer/dryer, icemaker, multiple bathrooms and kitchen. Utilizing a accumulator booster the system provides steady water pressure and generous water flow. The pump is fully automatic with a built-in switch and check valve to maintain system pressure and will supply smooth water flow from a trickle to full flow. Typically used in large yachts, motor homes & bus conversions where high volume flow is required for multiple fixtures and amenities.
High volume pump includes a compact design for easy installation.
Self-priming up to 10 feet.
Supplies up to 4.5 GPM
Run dry technology without harm.
Integrated 1.1 gallon Accumulator tank
May be mounted vertically or horizontally.
Includes (1) water pump strainer with quick attach fitting x 1/2" Qest, (1) 3/8" NPT x 1/2" hose barb & (1) 3/8" NPT x 1/2"-14 Qest
Voltage: 12vDC
Amps: 10 Amps
Accumulator tank outlet fitting : 3/8" NPT Female
Pump Design:Quad Diaphragm
Motor: Permanent Magnet
Dimensions: 7-1/4" H x 11-1/4" W x 12-3/4" D
Old 09-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by swberry View Post
Yes I think so. The stock pump is adequate, but not good for running multiple taps. Can't blame the manufacturers for working to keep the cost down. The good news for those of us who can't afford the Newell is that we can upgrade where we prefer/need to.

The manufacturer put a 3.0 gpm pump for a reason and it wasn't to save 50 bucks..

It's so when you are out boon docking in the middle of nowhere and water is unavailable you don't empty your tank the first day camping because of some high volume pump....

I think the 3.0 does a fine job in my anthem and take my water lasting
Longer out camping personally... Jmo
Old 09-23-2017, 05:03 PM   #13

In doing my research after starting this post on pump replacement as I was also tempted for the higher flow pump as others have upgraded too..I decided stick with what was put in it because of the mere fact of being able to sustain a lot longer in a boon dock situation... as it was told to me that's reasoning behind the 3.0 pump.. makes total sense..and honestly
In my 2 years of owning my anthem I have bee very happy with the pressure I get outa the shurflo 3.0.. it just wore out and wouldn't stop cycling .. full timers or owners who do not dr camp for more than a couple nights might find the 4048 shurflo better in there situation...
Old 09-23-2017, 06:15 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I used to be a big time boon docker staying out in the brush w/o moving the MH for a month. I hauled my water and waste with my truck. I have used the Flojet, formally Aquatech for more that 15 years and believe them to be the best built pump on the market. Shureflo tried to copy their variable speed design but failed and discontinued them before introducing their 4080 model which is a great pump, I carry one for a spare. Once I started using the Aquatech/Flojet I knew it was the pump for me.

The Flojet variable speed is not a wasteful water pump at all, as it will produce any quantity of water at a constant, pulseless, quiet flow depending on How Far you turn on the faucet. Trickle or full flow, it's strictly up to the user how much you use. Nice thing about them is when I connect to my wash bay I can wash the bugs off my windshield & front end with a respectful 20ft forceful stream of hot water. Sometimes when I'm showering I have the DW turn on the pump to augment the shore water psi for a really great shower and real waste of water.

I believe Entegra's first choice of the $30 Shureflo was shameful and cheap and was happy to see them go to the Shurflo 4080. BTW, I have never outpaced my AquaHot 400 capacity with my 5 gpm pump, even when washing the front of the MH with water too hot to touch. Anyway,my .02c worth.

Pat

FMCA 212171
FreshAir is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, water, water pump