Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Water pump will not empty fresh water tank

Pump will loose fresh water pressure and start pumping air when tank still has 17% filled. I have drained the tank and the gauge is ok, but shows empty with 12 gallons left in tank. This means the loss of pressure is with almost 30 gallons of water remaining in tank. I think I have a pick up problem or a cracked line in tank. Any other ideas?
Tire Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Guy View Post
Pump will loose fresh water pressure and start pumping air when tank still has 17% filled. I have drained the tank and the gauge is ok, but shows empty with 12 gallons left in tank. This means the loss of pressure is with almost 30 gallons of water remaining in tank. I think I have a pick up problem or a cracked line in tank. Any other ideas?
Tire Guy,

Welcome to the Forum!

Let us know what model and year of your motorhome so the responses can be more meaningful.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:41 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. What Don said, need year and model, lots of changes each year. The main tank drain was changed in 2014 to in-front of the PS rear tire to be able to drain all of the water.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:46 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I don't think cracked tank. Wtaer would drain down to level of the crack and you would see water on the ground.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Guy View Post
I think you are correct, either the pick-up tube doesn't go down far enough in the tank, or there is a crack at the lower end of the pick up tube that starts sucking air once the water level gets low enough and the crack is uncovered.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Most tanks that I have seen just have a fitting at the bottom, sometime the water pump and the drain valve are from the same fitting.

A easy check us to tilt your rv in one direction at a time to see if the pumps starts to draw again. Your tank may not be level.

A possible fix is to move the pump input connection tk the drajn fitting.
Regards,
Dan
Old 10-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
For those non-Entegra owners, there is a complete tank drain located on the opposite side of the MH from the regular tank drain. Many are not familiar where this drain is located as many dealers do not know......therefore they never tell the buyer.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Brobox: Do you mean that before 2014 the fresh water tank could not be emptied by gravity alone? Serious question.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #9

Yes, there has always been a low point drain on Entegras (I had 11-13-15 models).

2016 Cornerstone 45B
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems and 2015 Cornerstone
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 10-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #10
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
I don't think OP is trying to drain his tank - he's trying to figure out why he can't use all the water in the tank by pumping into the coach. ?

As mentioned above, my pump's suction line comes straight out of the side of the tank. If OP's is the same, the problem is likely an air leak in the suction line or on the inlet of the pump allowing it to pull air in when the head in the tank is low.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #11

Tire Guy, I have the same "kind" of problem on our 15 Cornerstone. the suction line to the pump has a tee in it at that line goes to a vent or an overflow something like that. When you get the water level that low in the tank there is not enough head pressure on the water line and it is easier for the pump to suck air into the line. Have someone run the faucet inside the coach and watch it in the wet bay. we simply don't let our tank get this low any more. I have thought about cutting a valve into that line, but that is just one more thing to remember to open or close. Good luck, Robert
Old 10-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Ron, after re-reading the OP, I think you are correct. I miss read the post. I have run my tank down once and I also had, I think, a number in the teens when I started sucking air. There was just a little over an inch remaining in the tank and I figured that was normal so not to suck up sediments. I just refilled last night at 17%. By site, it was real close to where I started sucking air before. If this post would have been earlier I would have let the tank run down to check the number before mine started sucking air.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for all of your responses.
I have a 2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ. Working out the bug and learning more about the coach. Your forum comments have been a great help. I'm going to check that vent tube, a valve could be the easiest fix. As it is I would have 70 gallons of fresh water to use. Yes, I have a a bottom drain and that's how I found out how much water I actually had left.
Thanks again and I'll post my results.
Tire Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
On jacks (level...so to speak) my FW tank is good down to 22%. Then I'm sucking air. If I need to, I can tilt the coach and get a few more gallons, but the lesson is that while you have 100 gal tank, you can't use but about 75 gal. After that, you're sucking air because of the design of the pickup tube.

Just another undocumented feature. 😥😣

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water pump