Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #15

sorry Hogdriver see below, Thanks.
Rollin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Had ongoing problems with the pump not priming, in my case it turned out to be the strainer assembly on the pump intake, apparently it was sucking a tiny amount of air somewhere. Fiddled with it, tightened it, pulled the O ring out and cleaned it, etc. and got it to work temporarily, but it continued to be problematic. Finally replaced the entire assembly (about US$10) and it has been fine for about 6 months now.

SHURFLO (255-315) Swivel Nut Water Strainer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XM3IP2..._SAb1xb0Z963Y6
I did try without the strainer but it seems ok other than slightly off vertical for a really tight thread feel. Thanks
Old 09-13-2016, 05:33 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
While you had the pump removed did you try a hose connected to the pump and a container of water to see if the pump is working at all? A portable source for power would be a cordless tool battery or a 9v battery.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:44 AM   #18

Try removing the strainer altogether and see if that fixes it. Also try running on the pump but with valve turned to city water.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 AM   #19

I had this issue and it ended up being a 3 way valve I had in the wrong position. In stead of open/closed the valve was open/closed/open. Took me forever to get it working.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Dave,

Remove the black head of the pump and check to see that the single rubber bypass port is not stuck in the closed position. I had this happen twice with the same symptoms you are describing, the pump runs but no output.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #21

Don,
I took the 4008- Revolution bypass/pressure switch apart but I did not fool around with the PS setting screw position. Increasing or decreasing the shut off pressure as it was fine before and I didn't think anything would change that setting.
I could try increasing the pressure and increasing the point the bypass starts to work?
I guess I didn't look closely enough as to the position of the diaphragm to see if it was blocking a port.

I'm going back with a better hose and will try Chucks portable power idea to see if the pump actually moves water with and with out the strainer. I couldn't do that in the bay.

Thanks all.

I noted the pump is not connect to flexible hose on suction and discharge side but is hooked up to the more rigid Pex lines and screw on fittings. This is contrary to the installation manual using swivel barb fittings with a taper seal and HP flex hose.
Not sure if this is an OEM installation.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:04 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Stone View Post

I noted the pump is not connect to flexible hose on suction and discharge side but is hooked up to the more rigid Pex lines and screw on fittings. This is contrary to the installation manual using swivel barb fittings with a taper seal and HP flex hose.
Not sure if this is an OEM installation.
It is an OEM installation. My pump started making all kinds of racket while at Camp Entegra during our PDI. All they did is add a flex hose, toilet or sink, not sure which. Funny it was quite for two years, then started making noise. I will be picking up a spare pump as I don't trust the fix when it was quiet for 2 years.

I think the rigid hose mount from the factory was the reason the pumps are mounted in a carpeted bay to absorb the noise instead of being mounted in the wet bay just below the bathroom.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Dave,

Remove the black head of the pump and check to see that the single rubber bypass port is not stuck in the closed position. I had this happen twice with the same symptoms you are describing, the pump runs but no output.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160914_140553.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	139004

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160914_140559.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	139005

hope this picture attachments work, first time at this.

So 757 Driver you are the man, you nailed it. I removed the entire by pass valve assembly this time. the bottom seat by my finger was firmly planted in the bottom of the port. I thought that was normal. Any way, after pulling everything out, bottom seat , spring and top seat, I reinstalled them as a unit and replaced the top plate with the check valve and Voila once I hooked up the water line in the bottle of water I had and powered it up it spit water out the discharge port. Installed the pump to the pipes, and secured it back on the wall, opened some taps and everything worked again. Big sigh of relief!

Thank you and Chuck and everyone else who had suggestions as to what might be wrong and what you had gone through. Such a pain for a simple water pump and system. I think you saved me buying a new pump, so I owe a few drinks in Quartzsite.

Now to move on to the next issues.
Cheers all.
Dave.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It is an OEM installation. My pump started making all kinds of racket while at Camp Entegra during our PDI. All they did is add a flex hose, toilet or sink, not sure which. Funny it was quite for two years, then started making noise. I will be picking up a spare pump as I don't trust the fix when it was quiet for 2 years.

I think the rigid hose mount from the factory was the reason the pumps are mounted in a carpeted bay to absorb the noise instead of being mounted in the wet bay just below the bathroom.
Mine has been quite also, but it makes you wonder once you read the pump manufacturers note on how to mount the pump and see it's different.
When I found there was no suction at the winterizing valve or the pumps suction that focused me on everything in the pump internals.
When 757 Driver advised the bypass valve that made the connection on what I hadn't done to that point.
Your trick to use the power battery from the drill or 9v battery has spurred me to carry a few 9v as I understand they can also move the slide motors in a pinch.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Dave,

Glad I was able to help out and glad you got the pump working.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Glad it's working. Sharing ideas and fixes is what makes this forum. Don is one sharp Dude and glad he reminded me of that fix.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Try priming the pump using the winterizing hose. Take the clear hose and put it in a container of water, the open the valve at the end of the hose. Turn tank fill valve to fill
Try blowing into that hose and then quickly dip into bucket of water. Worked for me
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump