Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #1

Water spots

Washed my coach in El Paso it was drying before I could dry it low humidity. When finished it had water spots and a white streaked glaze . I read that distilled water would remove water spots, so got a gallon poured it on my wash mop went over coach small areas at a time then dried it. White glaze and water spots gone 1/2 gallon did coach.
1thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 04:01 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thomason View Post
Washed my coach in El Paso it was drying before I could dry it low humidity. When finished it had water spots and a white streaked glaze . I read that distilled water would remove water spots, so got a gallon poured it on my wash mop went over coach small areas at a time then dried it. White glaze and water spots gone 1/2 gallon did coach.
The water in the South West is very hard. You may want to consider a deionizer. The have been several threads about fabricating your own. I built on for under $50 and bought enough resin for about $100 to spot free rinse my coach about 20 times.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:49 PM   #3

I left Arizona a month ago after three months there, and yes, the water is VERY hard with tons of dissolved chemicals. Upon a recommendation from a buddy of mine (Glenn Tompkin) I bought the very nice, but pretty pricey, CRSpotless system and it delivers approximately 300 gallons of de-ionized water as a final rinse of the coach after pre-rinsing and washing with regular water and a final rinse with regular water to get the soap off, and then a final final rinse with de-ionized water. You would not believe how it leaves the coach.... absolutely spotless with no towel drying or additional work at all..... just air drying and even in direct sun. Amazing. Glenn or I can give you a discount process if you decide to order it, which along with free shipping, takes some of the sting out of the purchase...... but it does really work!! PM me or him if interested. One or two professional washes with de-ionized water by a company will pay for the equipment.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
If you are interested, here are the instructions for a deionize rinse stick I made for about $5.00. The 6 pages of posts have lots of variables. Simple does work better. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/good...ml#post2471658

I have two of them, one for home, and one I carry in the MH.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:23 AM   #5
G&J

Entegra Owners Club
Spotless System

Hi Bob

The professional de ironised system that Gary is referring to "CRSpotless" will change the way you will wash your vehicles in the future. It's amazingly simply and quick. You can purchase the replacement resin either as a disposable cartridge or in a bag of loose resin.

I have just changed the resin in my system and the whole process only took 15-20 (including one Budweiser) so real easy.

If you would like to order one go to the Spotless website : CRSpotless Water Systems™ Spotless Car Wash De-Ionized Spotless Water and then on the last page enter the discount code of: GTCR

It really does work

Glenn
G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:37 AM   #6

Guys. What model of this system are you Using? Did you get a pressure washer as well from them? Is storage a big Issue?
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:55 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Guys. What model of this system are you Using? Did you get a pressure washer as well from them? Is storage a big Issue?
Thank Bill, I had the same question. I just bought this small pressure washer at Harbor Freight, currently on sale for $79. coupon online. 1650 PSI 1.25 GPM Electric Pressure Washer

I left the black handle off and it stores nice. But I am going to take the case off and make a mounting bracket to mount it in the generator compartment. I tried it and the pressure is perfect for the MH and getting bugs off.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #8

That looks like a good deal. So I assume pressure washers are safe for our paint?
Old 05-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
That looks like a good deal. So I assume pressure washers are safe for our paint?
Sure, just stay 12 inches plus from the paint. Don't try to take bugs off 2 inches away from the paint. I changed my shower faucet, same as the 2016's so I can use soft water from my fresh water tank.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:29 AM   #10
G&J

Entegra Owners Club
Deionised water with pressure washer

After speaking with CR Spotless rep yesterday I asked the question if you could use a pressure wash with the Spotless water system. They said that using the deionised water system is the best way to use it as it rinses a lot quicker and you actually use 75% less water and therefore the resin last a lot longer.

I have a small pressure wash that I purchased from Home Depot and this is permanently with us in the RV so the combination of the deionised water and the pressure wash should produce some great results.

Trouble is, once I have it all set up I can't stop washing stuff !!! must be a mid life crises.
G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #11

So for any of you using the DIC 20 can you advise the exact height Needed? I have about 31 inches of height available and am 2ondering if I can store one of these portable units in my front driver side storage compartment. Are any of you guys using the portable DIC 20 and storing in this Fashion?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:18 PM   #12

Bill

Just the DIC-20 (blue tubes plus the metal bracket on top) is ~ 27" tall. That is just the blue tubes and the metal bracket/water purity indicator) That is all I bought. The default system includes a 2 wheel cart which makes the whole unit considerably taller and for me, that was too tall and took up too much space in the basement. So I fashioned two aluminum blunt "hooks" out of aluminum bar and I "hang" the unit from one of my tires to keep it vertical ( the blunt hooks go into one of the treads of my tires which holds it vertical, and is much smaller).

Gary
Old 06-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #13

Gary. Thanks for that info. What do you mean by "hanging from your tires". I have a Anthem 44B. Am wondering whether the unit can fit it a storage compartment. I have 31 inches of space available. Would be interested in knowing whether the unit with wheels on can fit.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #14

Bill

I can't tell you about the total height of the unit with tires (I dont think that they give that data on their web page). When the 20 is full of water, it is heavy. Glenn (G&J) has the whole cart and unit and has it laying flat on the slide in his 16 Anthem. I could guess that it would not easily go anywhere else. That is a guess. That is why I did not buy all of that. I am hoping to be able to lay it flat in one of the more aft bays, maybe on top of some tubs that I have in there holding all my basement stuff.

I will get a picture of my system tomorrow or will look back through some pictures and see if I don't have it pictured already. However, I made some "J" shaped brackets that screw-on and are attached through the holes in the top metal piece (meant to hang it on a sheet rock or wood wall. My "J" shaped brackets are like an upside down J. The bracket goes up vertically, then back horizontally, and then down vertically again. The bracket is as wide as my outer section of tire, and the part that goes down goes into the first groove of the tire. The upside "J" bracket (there is one bracket on each side of the unit) lets the tubes "hang" on any tire that I want it to hang on. I made the inverted "J"s from aluminum bar stock from Lowes and bent the "J"s using my hands and a bench vice. It hangs great. Looks a little strange, but I wanted to minimize overall height of the unit, but wanted the big 20 rather than the small unit, and i wanted to steady it so it could not be pulled off balance by the hoses, etc. . I have not yet loaded it into the basement, but think it will lay flat on top of my tubs in the rearmost basement compartment.

Gary

Tags
water