Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Week 1 - New Full Timer Thoughts on New Anthem

Thought I might share a few thoughts on 1st week:

- Driving thus far has been the easy part. Never drove anything this big for more than 50 miles (semi as a teenager). Strongly recommend the LazyDays video lessons. Actually took the class at the end of the week. Validated the video.

- Pulling a fairly large toad nervously, but adjusting (F-150 is a lot of vehicle behind the coach). Only ran one yellow/red light, but you must look up and out and avoid looking over the "hood" and down as you are accustom to in a car.

- Having things wrong or broken on delivery is frustrating given the cost, but as many have said, seems to be common (broken motor on night shade in bedroom, right side camera inop (likely cable issue), basement freezer inop, windows in bedroom have to be propped open to get fresh air, and satellite receiver remote not "read" by bedroom TV sensor). One cabinet door came loose from the hinge. In addition, the instructions manual was not available for the convection oven, and as stated in earlier posts, the new Paykill dishwasher does not lock closed (lack of engineering). Finally some paint issues.

- Maybe the most frustrating things - entertainment system is a killer to learn how it is put together to get satellite, cable, and local stations up. And, campground wi-fi is a JOKE. Paying $48 a night at LazyDays; someone hit one of the wi-fi repeaters and wi-fi reception is in and out. Rather than getting it fixed, the campground response is to come up to the clubhouse and use it up there where the signal is stronger.

That said, the most relaxed week I've spent in two years, since out last cruise. We stayed five days at River Lodge campground in Inglis FL ... quiet, spacious and friendly (wi-fi no better). Provided the time to learn our coach before we got too far from the dealer. Saw the manatees (momma and her calf), saw beautiful beach, and had some good seafood on the gulf coast at Cedar Key. Most importantly, kicked back, and slowed down. Heard day before yesterday that a close friend, fellow biker and HOG, and former USAF officer committed suicide Thursday.

Life is short, sometimes too short...if you are considering this, this respondent can only say, after a lot of money down, a few frustrations, and a lot to learn...NOT A SINGLE REGRET

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Don't worry too much about the yellow/red in FL. It seemed to be the norm during my 13 years there. Looking forward to meeting you when you make it to TX. Be safe. If you decide to give up on the campground wi-fi, I'm happy with my Verizon hotspot. Wish it was cheaper but I have good coverage and, usually, 4G speeds.

hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Mediocre Verizon reception seems to present a problem "holding" Verizon hot spot on Iphones and on IPad (I think).
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the insights. How is rvone going to resolve the issues for you?
CoreyinWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Parts on order for the broken things. This is why we planned to stay in FL for a couple of weeks before heading West. Note in the dishwasher thread...found the instruction for the remote in an addendum to the users manual called "Quick Start Instructions". Succeeded in locking the dishwasher door.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Lazydays was no issue to take the class? If they are still offering, I will do that as well when we pick ours up in April.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Call Bob Bergeron, number on line on the LazyDays site, and ask to enroll in the Driver Confidence course. Its covered in the seven lesson video, but you get hands on. Bob's a great teacher, and if there is space he accepts, at least for now, non-LazyDays buyers.

that, plus some final work on getting the electronics for our toad finished at Camping World is why we are in this park. Otherwise $48/night is a little steep for what it is.

They indicate complementary breakfast (oatmeal) and lunch (hotdogs and chips) and Starbucks coffee, but not sure that merits the price. Sites are tight for what they call 45' sites as well, so make sure you review the video on backing into a sight (no drive through here). They do provide the coach, so you could take the class before you take acceptance on your coach.

By the way, the RVone sales guys may bad mouth the class, but that is just the competition between they and LazyDays (not sure I think it is much of a competition...editorial comment).
Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I have watched the videos a few times. Don't understand how lazydays works. I havereadposts where they have matched prices but that wasn't close to my experience. Glad to hear driving hasn't been much of a problem.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
When I talked with them early on in the shopping mode, I got a distinct car salesman approach that I'm just not very good at and comfortable with. Been overseas and dealt in societies where dickering is a part of the culture...just don't like the the "you show me your cards, and then I...well just show me your cards until I suck you in at as higha price as I can get.

You come here and you'll see a high overhead operation compared to Orlando RV. That said, talked with Mark Rollo a couple of days ago and he indicated they are moving to a more comfortable site...hopefully before you deliver. The current site on Fairbanks is a tight squeeze for a first time driver...keep the left wheels on the white line and reflectors!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Getting out of the parking lot at rush hour was not easy...in our SUV!

Thanks again for your posts. The coach is beautiful and we are happy to hear of your positive experience to date. This is our first MH as well and are nervous and excited!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
For anyone living out west, Lazy Days offers the same course at their AZ location. RV One should be smacked if they are bad mouthing the course. It's the best thing to happen to big rig drivers. Doesn't matter if you've been driving for 20 years or if this is your first coach, you'll learn something from the course. We took it from Bob before we purchased our first diesel push - we had retired semi drivers in the course with us who were amazed at how much they learned.

I think I tried just about every cell provider out there when I was traveling full time. Verizon gave me the best coverage and, except for the mountains (where no one is much good) still does. My hot spot seems to pick up the signal better than my iPhone - haven't needed a boost to hold internet. Haven't tried satellite.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
For anyone living out west, Lazy Days offers the same course at their AZ location. RV One should be smacked if they are bad mouthing the course. It's the best thing to happen to big rig drivers. Doesn't matter if you've been driving for 20 years or if this is your first coach, you'll learn something from the course. We took it from Bob before we purchased our first diesel push - we had retired semi drivers in the course with us who were amazed at how much they learned.

I think I tried just about every cell provider out there when I was traveling full time. Verizon gave me the best coverage and, except for the mountains (where no one is much good) still does. My hot spot seems to pick up the signal better than my iPhone - haven't needed a boost to hold internet. Haven't tried satellite.
What are you using as your "hot spot"?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #13

Luckily, I trained as a transit coach driver after retiring from Boeing after 30 years as an engineer. After horsing a 40-foot coach, with 65 passengers on board, through city rush-hour traffic, our 32' Georgetown is no sweat.

I just wish it had similar adjustabilty on seat and wheel as the Gilligs did, then my wife could get to drive it. With no steering column telescoping or angle adjust, no vertical seat adjust or moving pedals, she can't get near enough to reach all the controls.

Our get-home method is a one way ticket for a son-in-law to fly from Seattle to wherever we're stuck, if ever I can't drive.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
What are you using as your "hot spot"?
Mine is the older version of Verizon's Jetpack Hot Spot made by Samsung. It allows us to run 5 devices on 3G service or 10 devices on 4G. I have used it during meetings at work and had seven laptops hooked up without a problem. On the road, we run two computers, two smart phones and a wireless printer off of it daily, with a dose of Kindle and iTunes downloads as needed. It's not cheap, but it has served our purpose well. It's not a whole better than campground wi-fi at 3G but it is secure, which is something you can't say about the campground systems.