Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Weigh my Anthem

I guess I pulled on to the scales wrong, Wasn't looking for corner weights but axel weights. Didn't notice the problem till after i left the scale and then there was a line.

So heres the issue i had Frint wheels on one pad
Rear and tag on another
and Jeep on an another

see attached at what i got
So I assume where it says Drive axel that must be the front axel 16,600
Trailer is there im having a problem 31,580 not sure if that includes the Jeep
the jeep weighs 4033 lbs plus i had 250lb in it

Question does the coach with out the Jeep weight 48180 or 48180 with the jeep
if i deduct the jeep 4283 would be rear axel would be 27,297
never weighed before so not clean on the jeep is it in or is it out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weigh IMG_8719.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	263805   Click image for larger version

Name:	weightcrop.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	263806  

N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We are at just about 40,000 plus toad with full fuel etc. (Oregon State roadside scale) , so I would think your Athem should weigh a bite more and 48K would be every thing.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Since that weight ticket is "just a guess" I would pull on a scale correctly. There is a divider for the drive axle and tag on the scale. To be real accurate, you could disconnect the toad. Have someone watch you pull on the scale and stop you in the right place. If there is a truck driver close by, I am sure one would be glad to help you.

I use a DOT truck stop scale on 1-75 and they are great. I pull into the truck parking and asked if I can get a weigh ticket for each axel, they have always been glad to help. Even stop me were I get the weight for the toad as a trailer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #4

Looks to me like you had your steer axle on the drive axle pad, and the drive axle on the trailer pad. The toad could have been completely on, particularly on or not at all.

Review the following page from the cat website and search you tube for how to use a CAT scale.

https://catscale.com/how-to-weigh/

You will need to reweigh to be accurate.
wagne223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Fronts appear to be on the "Drive" part of the weight report, and the "Trailer" is likely the drive axle, tag axle, and toad all together since most trailers are 53', they would all fit on that part of the scale.

Like Chuck, said, easy to try again. I get out of my coach to make sure I am in the correct spot, then tell them to weigh.

I go in without the toad, and get Front Axle, Drive Axle and Tag Axle all separate on the CAT ticket, and you know what the toad weighs.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Since that weight ticket is "just a guess" I would pull on a scale correctly. There is a divider for the drive axle and tag on the scale. To be real accurate, you could disconnect the toad. Have someone watch you pull on the scale and stop you in the right place. If there is a truck driver close by, I am sure one would be glad to help you.

I use a DOT truck stop scale on 1-75 and they are great. I pull into the truck parking and asked if I can get a weigh ticket for each axel, they have always been glad to help. Even stop me were I get the weight for the toad as a trailer.
I thought i did that but as you can see i didn't just trying to figures something out with this mess all wheels and toad was on different panels won't be another chance to weigh till Q
Old 10-16-2019, 06:37 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagne223 View Post
Looks to me like you had your steer axle on the drive axle pad, and the drive axle on the trailer pad. The toad could have been completely on, particularly on or not at all.

Review the following page from the cat website and search you tube for how to use a CAT scale.

i had the toad on a pad by its self. My question is does it look like the toad weigh is included in the Trailer Axel number
I thought someone would know an approximate weigh to the drive axel to find out it the 4,000 lb plug toad is included.
Im aware its a total mess just trying to sort out if any thing from this,
Wont weigh again the Q in Jan
Old 10-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6CUS View Post
I thought i did that but as you can see i didn't just trying to figures something out with this mess all wheels and toad was on different panels won't be another chance to weigh till Q
If you pass any state truck scales, pull into the parking area. Go in and tell the Weigh Master you have a brand new MH and want to get weighed for proper air inflation. They will walk you through all the steps and thank you for being so safe, wishing others would do the same thing. They will give you the red light green light when pulling on the scales where to stop. Everyone I have used they have been super.

Another nice feature, we pay their salaries with our fuel tax and they are appreciative.

I pick a scale that is slow, which works better, if they are real slow, they love to talk MH's I leave with a perfect weigh ticket. On the 14, when new I was heavy in front, they told me to move stuff to the rear and come back through. I had loaded up on beer that was on sale leaving for the summer.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagne223 View Post

My Bad i used 2,3, and 4 and not one thats why I was asking if my toad was in Tailer axel or not at all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scales dia.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	263896  
Old 10-17-2019, 01:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6CUS View Post
My Bad i used 2,3, and 4 and not one thats why I was asking if my toad was in Tailer axel or not at all
Yes sir, I understand. Unfortunately without an image, we cannot determine if the toad was fully on the pad, partially on the pad or not at all.
Those trailer pads are long, and seems likely that your drive axle and toad were together on the trailer pad, however we just have no way to be sure.

This video has some good footage of the scale. You can see the lines separating the pads. It will look more familiar next time you go.

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/L4RR_BX8-Gs[/VIDEO]
wagne223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #11

Ron, that weigh is useful only in teaching you about wheel placement on the scale.

The numbers are garbage and I’d throw them out and start fresh.

What I do with a CAT scale when towing..

I first position just the coach on the scale to determine Steer, Drive, and Tag weights. Once they’ve captured that info, I pull forward and position the toad on one of the pads and get another weigh.

Our setup is so long that if the toad is on the trailer pad, either the rear axle of the truck is partially off the scale, or the steer axle is too far forward.

My technique costs another $10, but works pretty well.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #12

I've found that by going to our local scale on a Sunday afternoon, they are so bored that I can weigh it for free.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I've found that by going to our local scale on a Sunday afternoon, they are so bored that I can weigh it for free.
Exactly, if it's the DOT scale you are referring to, and they are experienced! No additional charge, it was paid for in our fuel tax. I had one of the weigh master ask to see the the MH, that was his retirement dream.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I guess i was just looking for someone to say yes looks like the 4300 lbs for the jeep is in the Number 31580 lbs or its not in there. I know its a mess knowing the basic rear wheel axel averages

Tags
anthem