Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
IN my opinion when you buy a coach and I assume the place you are buying has the facilities, take your time and don't accept it until you know it is right. Dealers want the transaction and they want you off their lot. It just became someone else's problem.
Dusty - by "don't accept it" might I assume you mean not to sign the final papers and transfer the money? This is the way it should happen but I fear there are dealers out there who operate differently. Might be interesting to hear what the experiences of others were when it came to "accepting" their coaches.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Dusty - by "don't accept it" might I assume you mean not to sign the final papers and transfer the money? This is the way it should happen but I fear there are dealers out there who operate differently. Might be interesting to hear what the experiences of others were when it came to "accepting" their coaches.

that is exactly what i mean. Lazydays was not happy, but as a business man why would i pay for something that had a punch list and why would I accept something that needed repairs. I don't think the average person would buy a car, boat, etc... without having the repairs completed and being able to see the repairs completed to your satisfaction. Then take it for the final test drive to make sure everything was done.

I don't know if the other dealers would do this. A lot of buyers place time limits on themselves and must have the unit because they have plans for next week. That is like music to a dealer ears.

If you go to my last comments on Spartan Training thread, I thought i had everything fixed when i accepted it, less than 2000 miles later, Spartan the chassis manufacturer finds another list of items. One builds the coach, one builds the chassis. My only advice is to take your time and try out everything for a couple of days before you sign on the dotted line.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
The last several posts are well thought out and spoken.

I think for myself, if I had it to do over again, I would have done things differently...we transitioned, basically, direct to full timing...tax considerations (didn't know what the folks in Washington were going to do), family and XMas considerations, trying to schedule Winter stays in FL (or choose Des Moines during the Winter which would have been a disaster with a major snowstorm), etc. So each person is different.

Ou approach, since we needed to move into the coach directly, not the best situation to be in, was to schedule our camping in the area of the dealer for a month and a half. We scheduled ourselves back into the dealership when we took delivery because we expected to have issues that we'd find.

As new folks, we didn't even know what to look for. This forum helped. But it is what it is.

Take your situation and plan to stay in the area one way or another. It will be worth your time.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
that is exactly what i mean. Lazydays was not happy, but as a business man why would i pay for something that had a punch list and why would I accept something that needed repairs. I don't think the average person would buy a car, boat, etc... without having the repairs completed and being able to see the repairs completed to your satisfaction. Then take it for the final test drive to make sure everything was done.

I don't know if the other dealers would do this. A lot of buyers place time limits on themselves and must have the unit because they have plans for next week. That is like music to a dealer ears.

If you go to my last comments on Spartan Training thread, I thought i had everything fixed when i accepted it, less than 2000 miles later, Spartan the chassis manufacturer finds another list of items. One builds the coach, one builds the chassis. My only advice is to take your time and try out everything for a couple of days before you sign on the dotted line.
Good! You stuck to your guns and had everything right before paying for it. That's exactly the way we did it. When I bought my previous coach (a Tiffin) there was zero (let me say it again - zero!) pressure from the dealer to pay until we were completely satisfied with the coach. That dealer was great for realizing that the relationship doesn't end when the buyer signs on the line. From what I've heard (and experienced), not all dealers are that way and it requires that you hold your ground. If it's broke, then fix it. Once it's fixed, then they get your money.

Mike, I think these last couple of posts are important ones for people to realize that any pressure a dealer puts on the buyer to pay before the coach is in working order, doesn't mean that the dealer will back out of the deal if you refuse. Stand up for what is right - after all, it's your money and you should get what you expect - a fine, fully functional, Entegra coach.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #33

Quote:

Good! You stuck to your guns and had everything right before paying for it. That's exactly the way we did it. When I bought my previous coach (a Tiffin) there was zero (let me say it again - zero!) pressure from the dealer to pay until we were completely satisfied with the coach. That dealer was great for realizing that the relationship doesn't end when the buyer signs on the line. From what I've heard (and experienced), not all dealers are that way and it requires that you hold your ground. If it's broke, then fix it. Once it's fixed, then they get your money.

Mike, I think these last couple of posts are important ones for people to realize that any pressure a dealer puts on the buyer to pay before the coach is in working order, doesn't mean that the dealer will back out of the deal if you refuse. Stand up for what is right - after all, it's your money and you should get what you expect - a fine, fully functional, Entegra coach.
We are purchasing a 2014 Aspire from RV Direct in Orlando. Prior to delivery I am driving up to check it out and "play with the buttons". If every thing looks good I will give most of the payment but still have my trade in and last payment for PDI. There has not been any pressure to hurry and take delivery.
In fact the manager asked me what schedule I would like for payment before and up to delivery.
If it wasn't perfect he told me not to take it.
No way I would accept a punch list with unfinished items at delivery.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:

I agree...these are very important thoughts. How to, and under what conditions, should you sign your acceptance papers with your dealer. If you have no experience with your dealer, insist on completion of your punchlist, simple as that. Don't authorize the bank to write that check until you are happy.

In my case, this is my 3rd coach from Lazy Days, and I live there in Tampa. Our delivery took 7 weeks, but we didn't need the coach, and LD was absolutely slammed with snowbirds. They worked us in and around the transient purchasers, and I don't think LD was concerned or inconvenienced in keeping the coach on their lot, but this is an exceptional operation with facilities that are probably unparalleled in the industry. We had some cabinetry, a Traveler, and a second slide tray added. They had to take the coach to have the Goodyears examined for sidewall abnormalities...Goodyear certified them. A chassis adjustment was also done. When we left, I still had a couple of minor punchlist items that they hadn't gotten to. We accepted, with notations in our file for exceptions that were incomplete. we went out for a 6 week shakedown, and now we're back at LD finishing it up plus a couple of minor chinks that need to be looked at, and then we're heading out for two months, going to Spartan Camp, Entegra Factory, and the Summerfest in Petoskey.

Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repairs