Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2019, 06:04 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
What is Entegra's Factory Service Policy

Greetings all... the DW and I still keep up with Entegra coaches, and after the Tampa RV Show, DW has fallen in love with the Anthem. Imagine that, she didn't like the Cornerstone when I was looking at them, but she loves the Anthem... hmm Anyway, what is Entegra's factory policy on performing out of warranty repairs? Tiffin has been pushing further and further away from servicing their out of warranty customers, especially outside of 4 or 5 years, so that just makes me wonder about Entegra. I'm the type that would much rather take my coach back to the manufacturer for house repairs that I can't perform rather then going to an RV service center.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2019, 06:20 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
This opinion has been from the past. As more and more new Entegras under warranty are needing service, the room during peak months for out of warranty coaches does get subbed out, or scheduled in the winter months while slow. Entegra subs such as S&S paint, I would prefer over factory...excellent. That may change if more service bays are added, but only so much can be done with existing real estate. Schedule far enough out and anything is possible.

I can honestly say after being at the factory many times, and purchasing at NIRVC, I would much rather have work completed by NIRVC if service, which I am sure it is, is anything like their delivery. Talk about a group of well trained techs......4 were leaving for a vendor's factory training when I picked my coach up.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I hear they have space available this week if you are so inclined! [emoji23]
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:41 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Chuck, that was great help! The difference between your answer and Tiffin policy is that based on what I'm reading in your answer, Entegra will work with you if it can be done. Tiffin has been slowly revising their policy over the years where they are NOT going to do certain things. It started 4 or 5 years ago when they stopped doing appointments, and has progressed in a bad way for out of warranty repairs each time it has been revised.

Concerning NIRVC, I regularly tell DW that I hear nothing but good about NIRVC, and would love to make my next purchase from them if the numbers were right.

Either way, we'll see how things go... THANKS again .
Old 01-31-2019, 06:42 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I hear they have space available this week if you are so inclined! [emoji23]
Ha, ha, ha... I've been following the thread concerning the temps up there, and you can have it! I hope everything goes well.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:50 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Bonnie & I will take delivery of # 6 ENTEGRA soon. 4 Cornerstones from NIRVC- ANGIE. Entegra has 2 year warranty plan. We have service done at many different places. Entegra must approve all warranty service before the work can be done for them to pay. Our Cornerstone is in Lawrenceville Ga. at NIRVC having Entegra's warranty repairs & complete Spartan service. We are very happy with Entegra's way of doing there warranty repairs..
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:03 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Thanks Chuck, that was great help! The difference between your answer and Tiffin policy is that based on what I'm reading in your answer, Entegra will work with you if it can be done. Tiffin has been slowly revising their policy over the years where they are NOT going to do certain things. It started 4 or 5 years ago when they stopped doing appointments, and has progressed in a bad way for out of warranty repairs each time it has been revised.

Concerning NIRVC, I regularly tell DW that I hear nothing but good about NIRVC, and would love to make my next purchase from them if the numbers were right.

Either way, we'll see how things go... THANKS again .
Entegra is offering factory service to the previous Travel Supremes, but how often they can get to them I don't know, but the service is offered. They still offer phone support to any year coach, even TS.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:26 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Our coach is out of Entegra warranty, 2015. However, I spent almost an hour on the phone with Les in customer service on our Energy Command 30 problem on Monday. He was more than willing to even spend more time explaining how to take out the ignition switch! I felt all that was a little bit over my mechanical ability ... so decided to go ahead and take our Anthem over to Cummins next week. My point .... Entegra really is the BEST out there to work with, in warranty or out.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:41 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Gray we are trying to sell him not scare him off. But here is the weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190131-072309_Fox Weather.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	233634  
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:08 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
You're right... maybe I should be looking for a dealer on the northern end of South America . Seriously, I do thank you all!!!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:57 AM   #11

Quote:
You're right... maybe I should be looking for a dealer on the northern end of South America . Seriously, I do thank you all!!!
Dewey, Our previous coach was an 09 Tiffin Allegro Bus so we are well aware of the Tiffin Factory Service and friends keep us informed of current changes.

Hopefully my fellow Entegra owners will understand my next statement so I don't get blasted too much:
Entegra does have a Factory Service Appointment system but because the factory service center is significantly smaller then Tiffin's , I believe it's only 20 appointments maximum weekly. In our 3 + years of ownership we've only successfully arranged for 1 service ( 2 year AIR ) which we made a year or so ahead of time. While the other attempts didn't work out with our travel plans.

As a recent example, in the first week of January we tried for an appointment for 2 items any day ( s ) the last 2 weeks of June but nothing was available until late Sept.

However as Chuck and others said Entegra will readily work with mobile techs, dealerships or Independent service centers with pre-approval and the CS Advisors are very good helping over the phone. I just don't want you to think factory service appointments are easy to get but rather do require a lot of pre-planning on your part.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:05 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
Got you beat. Was -22 this morning. But the wind is down now so the wind chill is all the way up to -45. Booking a factory visit now will also ensure that you won't have any mosquitoes.

I've been to factory service and it is good but I've also been to NIRVC and I would make NIRVC my first choice without question.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:34 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Got you beat. Was -22 this morning. But the wind is down now so the wind chill is all the way up to -45. Booking a factory visit now will also ensure that you won't have any mosquitoes.

I've been to factory service and it is good but I've also been to NIRVC and I would make NIRVC my first choice without question.
Interesting comment. As I previously mentioned to Chuck, I always hear nothing but good about NIRVC. However, when we went to Stone Mountain in February 2018, I planned a stop at NIRVC-Atlanta to get a full wash and detail and a weighing. When I called to inquire, the very first question was "Did you buy from us?" I've been around long enough to interpret this one as the dealer implying, if you're not our customer, you are NOT a priority. NIRVC-Atlanta went on to say how they were redoing their service, and that it was not really a good time to stop by, but to check back the next time we were in the area. This did kind of let the NIRVC air out of my sails, but given all the good that I do, and continue to hear about them, they are certainly worth another try for me the next time I will need service.

This is why I really would like to give them the chance to sell us a coach, and would give them another try if and when we need a "major" service if we do not buy from them. The good thing is that since DW is now excited about Entegra, if we are ever able to pull it off, we are almost equal distance between NIRVC-Atlanta and Entegra Coach, so either trip for me would be shorter, and far better than the many Red Bay trips that I've made.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:46 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Anyway, what is Entegra's factory policy on performing out of warranty repairs?
Hi Dewey,

Maybe the best answer would come straight from the source:

ENTEGRA COACH, INC
903 S. Main St.
PO Box 460
Middlebury, IN 46540
(800) 517-9137
Fax us: (574) 825-6079

I bet they'll be able to definitively answer your question.

Take care,
Stu

Tags
entegra, service