Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #1

What size Drainmaster hose fits Cornerstone?

I already PM'd jb4545 this question, but thought I'd put it out here too. After reading yesterday's thread about swapping out the cheap hose Entegra includes (which is really annoying) for a Drainmaster. For those of you who have already done that, what size Drainmaster hose did you use? The 20' or 28'? Thanks in advance!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Here's a thread that may help.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/2014...se-212565.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
You're right, that was a helpful thread! I'll order the 28' hose and hope for the best...
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
You're right, that was a helpful thread! I'll order the 28' hose and hope for the best...
Red Raider 93
I have had the modification done with the 28' hose and it works very well understanding a few things. As others have said, it is good to either remove the existing elbow or replace it with a pvc elbow that is not severe in degrees as the existing one. The problem if you do not is that the 4:1 compressed hose bunches up around the turn preventing the whole hose from fitting into the channel.
The pistol head on the drain master hose has a valve on it. When you are storing the hose after you have evacuated all or most of the water........close the valve on the pistol head and leave the grey valve on the coach open. The vent on the roof acts somewhat like a check valve allowing the residual air in the hose to get out. It makes that last bit of hose a lot easier to fit into the channel. After you get done, It really does perform well! It is clean as long as you can close the valve on the pistol head. The hose will still hold a small amount of residual water that can be dumped the next time you set up and hook the hose to a drain. You do net about 21' of hose after you are done.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmoho View Post
It is clean as long as you can close the valve on the pistol head. The hose will still hold a small amount of residual water that can be dumped the next time you set up and hook the hose to a drain. You do net about 21' of hose after you are done.

I am assuming, from your description, that you feed the hose out the little door, and leave the door open while camped, rather than run it down the hole in the compartment. To run it down the hole in the compartment, you'd have to disconnect the pistol head - resulting in water leaking out.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmoho View Post
Red Raider 93
I have had the modification done with the 28' hose and it works very well understanding a few things. As others have said, it is good to either remove the existing elbow or replace it with a pvc elbow that is not severe in degrees as the existing one. The problem if you do not is that the 4:1 compressed hose bunches up around the turn preventing the whole hose from fitting into the channel.
The pistol head on the drain master hose has a valve on it. When you are storing the hose after you have evacuated all or most of the water........close the valve on the pistol head and leave the grey valve on the coach open. The vent on the roof acts somewhat like a check valve allowing the residual air in the hose to get out. It makes that last bit of hose a lot easier to fit into the channel. After you get done, It really does perform well! It is clean as long as you can close the valve on the pistol head. The hose will still hold a small amount of residual water that can be dumped the next time you set up and hook the hose to a drain. You do net about 21' of hose after you are done.
After performing the upgrade, I found that I have to leave the pistol head slightly cracked open to relieve air pressure if I know I'm changing elevation. This past winter, I got a surprise when I did a walk around at a rest stop. I went up the mountain with the pistol head closed and the air pressure forced open the locked door with the hose. I just opened the valve, put the hose back in, and re-locked the door with no further problems.

I like the idea of leaving the grey tank valve open to help with the air pressure changes, but not sure if it would b good practice if we have it open during when moving.
xtechgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #7

For those that have the drain master hose can you add an extention hose if needed? I have a sanicon installed on our current coach but seldom use it because it takes so dogone long to dump a tank. I think I read that an extention can be added to the stock cornerstone and ours will have the "longer hose" from the factory. At this point I am deciding on the need/advantages of the drain master hose. Any informed input would be greatly apriciated.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I got a 15' extension for the factory hose. Have not tried it yet so can't comment on ease of use or leaking.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #9

Stew what brand is it and where did you buy it?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #10

I got a genuine they ford from Amazon AND it came with a cap to keep the factory hose from leaking going down the road. Just clamp the extension back on itself and it can't leak either. All just my experience. 🚌🚓
Old 04-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
Stew what brand is it and where did you buy it?
Its Thedford and I think they call it Surelock (or something like that). Look on your elbow fitting and it will have the nomenclature. Found it on Amazon and other on line retailers. Don't get the entire kit. The hose can be found separately.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Its Thedford and I think they call it Surelock (or something like that). Look on your elbow fitting and it will have the nomenclature. Found it on Amazon and other on line retailers. Don't get the entire kit. The hose can be found separately.
I will look at the elbow when I get th coach in may still trying to get prepaired
Old 04-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #13

It is Theydord sure lock and Anazon and others have it online. Amazons had the kit and free shipping on sale for less than the hose with shipping by itself when I bought mine.🚌🚓