RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #1

What supports macerator hose

Many parks require septic hose to be supported off the ground. Since the macerator hose has to be fully extended when in use...what is being used to support it... assuming it is being left out and hooked up to septic dump?

lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2019, 05:39 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Just me, but I have never had an RV park require that the hose be supported. Only requirement I have seen is some type of connection donuts at the sewer drain. If I should ever run into a park like that I still carry my slinky and it's accordion support, so I guess I would just use that.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:06 AM   #3

We've been to parks that specify the hose must be supported. I don't even own an accordion support and have never worried about it and best of all have never been questioned. I'm laying what equates to a garden hose on the ground not a 3-4" pipe.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
About 1,500 days camping and 200,000 miles and have never heard of that rule.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I have seen it posted at some parks about the sewer hose be supported off the ground. Seems like one of them was a "State Requirement" - just don't remember which one. I carry one of the accordion style lifts, especially in the summer when the grounds keepers are using weed eaters in the grass areas.

I believe I got mine at Camping World a while back, and it is black plastic. Works well.
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have run into that issue a few times. I didn’t have a problem leaving a portion of the Sanicon hose in the cabinet with only enough extending to the sewer connection so that it was suspended above the ground. Maybe not the best idea, but as a said, there were no problem. I didn’t leave the grey valve open and emptied the tanks as needed. I didn’t use a sewer hose ladder as that would be something else to carry with us I would have little use for.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #7

I typically don't even bother connecting the macerator hose until I want to dump, then connect, dump and disconnect. No point leaving it out for days when not needed.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 AM   #8

I've seen it too, and I think it is a state requirement. Do not remember which state/states it was. I did as DeeGee does, I hauled it out when I needed to dump and then put it away again and no one was the wiser.

There is no reason that you cant use those accordion type plastic rigs that stretch out or accordion back together to produce a gradual fall.

I have always thought that those accordion style ramps were a fairly stupid arrangement anyhow. I assume it comes from the stinky slinky days and the coaches that simply leave the black tank open.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I'm also in the camp of not pulling it out until needed, then putting it back away (we've never leave the grey tank open). I have also been somewhere where this was enforced, but just can't remember where. If I had to guess, I would guess Anchor Down (not 100% positive) as I do remember that they also have the no levelers without pads rule.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #10

My only support is the ground. Never an issue in 20 years of rving.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #11

Of course, most campgrounds don't require sewer hose supports; HOWEVER, there are campgrounds that DO require supports.

For example, from Grand Canyon Railway RV Park's website:
"Sewer hoses need to be supported on a ramp".

In our gasser, we carried supports - just in case (ran across support requirements in 2 TN parks). With our Sanicon system, we don't worry - as many have said, we hook up, dump and store. Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
If you park somewhere where the maintenance crews use weed whackers, you may want to use a hose support. Those things will cut through a sewer hose, or a macerated hose, no problem. It seems to be the rationale that some parks use for keeping the hose off the ground.

Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace