Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #1

What to do in Middlebury?

We are having a service done in August and have two days at Entegra.. Any suggestions on things to do nearby for 2 days? ( or maybe 3?)

debtomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

I moved to Elkhart in 1966 when I was 16. A fellow student in the high school suggested I go look at the 8,000 seat North Side school gym, the largest in the region.(!) Downtown Goshen was so afraid of Chicago mobsters, they built a bulletproof booth on the street corner and manned it 24/7 with a cop and a machine gun to guard the 3 banks on the other three corners of the intersection. The fear was that mobsters, coming to Elkhart to buy custom-made bulletproof cars, would fund them by robbing the bank. The local Kroger Supermarket has hitching posts for Amish buggies and horses. (use care driving at night, the buggies are hard to spot!) Elkhart also has the RV/MH Hall of Fame.
Krider World's Fair Garden in Middlebury. Nearby Fruit Hills Winery. Trip Advisor suggests https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...y_Indiana.html

I graduated HS in '68 and went off to college, my parents moved to NJ in 1970, I've only been back once since then. It was not as interesting as growing up in Philadelphia and doesn't have a lot of spots to attract tourists, but they try.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
You'll probably need to go to Rise and Roll for starters. Just try to eat just one of the donut holes, and you will see why we call it Crack! A friend of mine lives in KY and does some work just outside Middlebury. He is addicted and has to buy 2 boxes to make it home, because he eats most of one on the drive home!

Yoders meats and cheese is another spot for picking up great cheeses and meat!
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Here just a few.
Questions on going to Middlebury for PDI
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #5

Good places to eat include 41 Degrees North and West On Warren. Both are close to the factory.

The factory tours are Tuesday and Thursdays. Go tour Newmar as well.

The west coast of Michigan is close and very interesting.

-Matt
Matt D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #6

There is also a large flea market that is open during the summer time. It is located in Shipshewana nearby. I believe they open on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Some good deals, some normal stuff. A lot of amish related stores in the area so the list is long on attractions. Being 40 miles away, I can warn you that August would be the hot months for Indiana, but sometimes 60 or 90, it a gamble.
bixler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We’ve been to Entegra three times for various issues. They’ve always taken care of us. However, plan on being there a week and not just two days. Something always seems to come up that it takes longer: they or you find a new problem or there are parts delays, etc. Just be flexible and enjoy the area.
In addition to all of the above, they have some great bike/walking paths nearby. Pumpkinvine Nature Trail is 17 miles long and passes within a mile or so of Entegra.
Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #8

In case you’re interested in changing your seating arrangement....
Best way to buy Lambright theater seating?
Old 04-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #9

When you have had all the Amish meat and potatoes meals that you can tolerate, there is a nice Indian restaurant in Goshen, just to break the consistency. There is also a tiny little mom and pop Chinese restaurant a few blocks beyond the main street intersection and traffic light which is OK, again for a chance of pace.

Notre Dame is not far away and was an interesting day trip.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:14 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
If you have a need for furniture for your stick house, there is an amazing Amish furniture store in the heart of Shipshewanna. We had custom furniture made there at very reasonable cost. The quality is the best I have ever owned.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:19 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
There are several RV parts surplus stores in the area. I cruised them and bought bags of screws and fasteners. The sell a lot of wood and aluminum leftovers.

I saw cedar closet plywood for a low cost and should’ve bought a couple sheets to cedar line my pantry like my back closet.

2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote