Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2017, 10:43 AM   #1

what was missed upon delivery

What did you miss on delivery of your coach that you wish you would have paid better attention too. ? anticipating ours soon and want to make sure i cover all bases. Type away !!!!!!
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #2

Take a cell phone video of the whole walk through so you can review it later.
Go through EVERY book and manual provided with the coach , first to make sure instructions for every system is there, with the coach , and second to make sure any info provided during the walk through is correct .
Old 08-02-2017, 11:34 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Seems there are a lot of questions about the leveling system on the forum. Auto or manual?

As well as deploying slides before or after leveling.

The inverter seems to have a number of questions.

Pay special attention to the operation of the heat, AC and the control of the thermostat. The zones can be confusing.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Hadley air system! Vegatouch! Audio visual systems! If the Rep does not have a good understanding, ask for someone that does.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #5

X2 Skip426 Spend a night or two in your coach before you drive off the lot.
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:21 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I missed tire air pressure...

Hot day and I took the PDI guy's word tire air was proper. Turns out all tires recommended for 110 LB cold were actually running at 75 LBS. Hope I get a better "roll" going down the road now!
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 AM   #7

If you have the time and opportunity I would recommend staying at your dealer or within very close proximity to your dealer for at least a week before you leave. During that time I would take your new rig for a drive every day (maybe 50 miles). This will give you an opportunity to go through everything multiple times before you leave the safety net of the dealer. Movement of slides, jacks, awnings. Cycling of electronics, pneumatics, drive systems etc.

Looks like you may have been a Tiffin owner, so you are probably no rookie and I am not telling anything you don't already know, but if anything is going to break then it probably will break during a power on/off cycle. We did this routine for the five days we were at the dealer and most of our items that failed did so while we were there.

To answer your question I don't think we missed anything, but we were there for a number of days and I think the longer you can stay there the better. Congratulations on your new coach and the best of luck with performance and reliability.
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:52 AM   #8

When I was at the factory for the tour last spring we were told that slides need to come out and go in with the jacks up, not down. He explained why but I guess I did not pay enough attention to his explanation since I do not remember why. I do remember he had a answer and explanation to every question that was asked. He even explained how answer would change based on year of coach.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:06 AM   #9

AFAIK, all Entegras should have the slides extended and retracted while at ride height.

When you take your week at the dealer (seriously I would plan on a week in the lot learning), spend at least a day on batteries (not plugged in) and exercise everything off the inverter/generator. This will help you get used to what works and what doesn't on the gen vs. inverter and it will find problems if they exist. It will also get you used to AGS and make sure it works.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:11 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Take a cheap outlet tester and test every outlet while plugged into shore power. It will light up with different lights and tell you if it is correctly wired, incorrectly wired, or if it doesn't light up there is no power to it.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
When I was at the factory for the tour last spring we were told that slides need to come out and go in with the jacks up, not down. He explained why but I guess I did not pay enough attention to his explanation since I do not remember why. I do remember he had a answer and explanation to every question that was asked. He even explained how answer would change based on year of coach.

It is due to the way they build the slides and tight clearances. Entegra slides close flush while most SOBs slides overlap sidewalls.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
AFAIK, all Entegras should have the slides extended and retracted while at ride height.

When you take your week at the dealer (seriously I would plan on a week in the lot learning), spend at least a day on batteries (not plugged in) and exercise everything off the inverter/generator. This will help you get used to what works and what doesn't on the gen vs. inverter and it will find problems if they exist. It will also get you used to AGS and make sure it works.
One of the best statements made. I know a few that have had bad batteries probably at delivery, but never checked until they were needed. I am guilty as well. There are two areas at the factory where coaches sit not plugged in, the not ready line, outside waiting for part(s) and the ready line waiting for transportation.

When I found my batteries were bad, I also found that my AGS did not work either. That is one major item I really missed when I took delivery.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #13

I missed my money
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
I missed my money
I didn't miss mine a bit. It was doing nothing sitting in the bank. No projects, no trips to Indiana, just sitting there doing nothing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote