Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Having RVed since the mid 70s, full-timed starting in 2007, taken my spouse through cancer (she is a survivor), we had specific items we were looking for and got in our current motorhome. A lot of stuff is fluff or gadgetry but here is our list: stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, Auquahot, electric fireplace, reverse cycle heat pumps, Cummins ISL engine and good coach insulation, one bathroom, seven foot couch and dinette. After 40 plus years of RVing, it came down to that when it was just the two of us. The unit does have four slides.
No matter what, you will have to compromise on something.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't own an Entegra. I am a former Tiffin owner and I have spent the last 9 months looking for my next coach. Haven't pulled the trigger yet because we got hit with a little cancer detour we must deal with first. Here is my list of must haves:

1. An Entegra Anthem 44B
OR
1. A manufacturer that stands behind their product
2. Washer and Dryer
3. Residential refer
4. 3 roof ACs
5. Aquahot
6. IFS
7. Couch facing the TV
8. King bed
9. Good insulation
10. Heated floors
11. Heated basement
12. Lots of counter space in kitchen
13. Real pantry
14. Big bathroom that can handle two people at the same time
15. Big shower
16. 4 slides
Old 11-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #17

KuppaJoe and Craig and Susan -

First and foremost, and I don't know you but, I am sure I speak for all of us here on IRV2, that we are sending our positive thoughts, prayers, and most importantly, love... Cancer is no joke... Big hugs and god speed. Get well soon... and keep your chins up up up! You are all survivors.

That being said,

Thank you so much for the good advice regarding the lists. My "must have" list is in its infancy. But the short list is Diesel, Tags, headroom for me (I'm 6'7")... a bathroom bigger than a closet (I once got stuck in a dang southwest airlines lavatory), and a floorpan that fits. I guess i will be able to get more specific once I hit the factories and Tampa in Jan. Its exciting. Thanks again for the story about how you arrived at your choice, Dave and Beth. Sounds like it was a no brainer.

Who else has a good "must have" list? It would be fun to cross reference the lists. I bet you would see a lot of the same, as many lists are similar. I guess experienced RV travelers have learned what counts over the miles!

Thanks again everyone.

Joey (roadtriplove)
roadtriplove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #18

Joey, one of my many must haves is a large half bath. Take a look at the 45B (44B in Anthem) it has the largest half bath in the industry, it is huge.

2016 Cornerstone 45B
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems and 2015 Cornerstone
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 11-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #19

X2 it works well for us. We had a DEQ before but like the 44B much better. The bath and shower make all the difference.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
I like everyones recommendations - the only thing I see missing on some is Oasis coach heat and hot water. (Or any aqua or hydronic heat type running off diesel) gives continuous hot water and excellent heat. And, for us, a dishwasher along with clothes washer and dryer have become must haves.
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Forgot to add

A king size bed long enough so I did not have to sleep with my feet hanging over.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #22

LOL Gordon... you are correct... but i have gotten used to sleeping diagonally to combat that very problem...

Check! King bed! LOL

Thank goodness the headroom in the larger DP's seems to universally be 84"...

That helps... (Im 79" tall with scars to prove it)

How are the drivers seats in these bad boys? adjustable for big/tall guys I hope?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Joey
Old 11-09-2015, 05:02 PM   #23

You should have no problem with the driving position. There is a lot of adjustment room, and shorties like me at 5'8" have to have the seat all the way forward.

Note that a 'king' bed in RV talk is not like other kings. A regular king is 78" wide by 80" long. A California king is narrower and longer - 72 by 84. A king in an RV is the two short dimensions, so it is 72 by 80. Makes fitting sheets fun.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #24
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
My list:

600 hp
Spartan K3
All electric
3 ACs
12.5 kW gen
king bed
Wifes:

washer and dryer
dishwasher
Bath and half
Lots of storage for nonessential stuff
Old 11-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
I remember riding by an Entegra dealership 3 years ago in our motorhome saying if only...well by god's grace here we are in our 2012...She's a big girl and we love her so...We pick her back up from Lee Smith in Chattanooga, TN tomorrow after a three week stint for a radiator.
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #26

Specification -- fuel tank size

Other 'Had to have ' -

150 gallon fuel tank

200 gallons would be even better but coaches with 200 gallons are way out of my price range!!

It is a pita to get fuel - especially finding an easy to navigate in and out fuel stop at night pulling a trailer or toad -- while traveling in unknown areas.

I had 2 previous dp units that had 100 gallons. Since I want to keep 30 gallons in reserve, a 150 gallon tank takes me from 70 to 120 usable gallons .

That is a huge difference and reduces the number of fuel stops needed -- especially when driving from Michigan to Florida over two days . ( when daylight time is very short anyway.)

Tom Volk
2013 anthem deq
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #27

never thought about tank size

Interesting... 150 Gal seems like a good amount... what kind of mileage can you expect (ballpark) with the 450HP/600HP ISX/ISL... all things equal (small toad)...? 5-6mpg?

900-1000 mile range? or am i way off?

Joey
Old 11-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
7.5 seems to be around avg for most with the 450. I think you'll find yourself looking for best price around 5-600 miles simply because you need to stop anyway, but it really depends on terrain and most of all wind conditions. I saw as little as 3.4 mpg fighting a 30-40 mph near headwind and 10.2 on flat ground and a bit of a tailwind in my previous Anthem.

In the Cornerstone, I'm getting 6.5 to 6.8 mpg and it seems to be improving as the engine heads towards 20000 miles on it. Again, wind and terrain, and my heavy foot have a lot to do with it (that 600 HP lets you set it an 70 mph and it goes and goes with a 6.5 mpg). At that rate I don't mind losing a few tenths.

That's pulling an F-150, with a MC or a golf cart in back.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote