RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Having also been a victim of LD I can't blame you for shopping the other dealers. I would shop both dealers against each other. If you are able to take advantage of the great resale market we have here in FL, you might be able to sell yours outright and have even more bargaining power.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
What's wrong w/buying from MHS or NIRVC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarrett50 View Post
We live in the shadow of LD in Tampa, but continue to hear mixed reports on their service dept.

I have only one experience with LD which was in Arizona. Our coach was less than a year old and developed a radiator leak. I called ahead and service set us up to get it repaired the following day. When we got there they discovered we bought our coach elsewhere and suddenly couldn't even look at it for 7-10 days. I was parked in their campground.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ

TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #17

I live in a small town near a big town. The big town, twelve miles away, has lower prices for groceries, auto parts, hardware, etc.

That being said, I like having those stores near to my house for convenience. I always weigh the decision to go "big town" shopping carefully, and I always give my local guy the first shot. Why? Because I want the locals to be there when I need them.

This logic can (and perhaps should) be applied to Entegra shopping as well. It has got to be tough for local dealers to compete with the big guys (volume vs. margin). If we shop the little guys, buy from the big guys, and then get service back at the little guys...we will drive the little guys out of business. Then we will ALL be going to Middlebury, Atlanta, or Texas for help. And that will suck.

Something to think about.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
My experience with NIRVC in Atlanta was not the most stellar. We made an appointment to look at Newmars and Entegras. Specifically the DS 4018 and the EC 44B. I don't remember the guys name but it was in the old place, he was second desk to the right when you walked in the door.
He was not very personable and when we said we would like to keep our budget around 300k but are willing to go higher if the right coach came along. He rolled his eyes and said maybe we can find one of last years models in that range. Really?
He rushed us around the lot, never walked into the coach with us to show us anything, he stood just outside the door as we yelled questions to him.
Ultimately, neither coach was for us.
If they had the right coach at the right price I would have bought from them, bad salesman and all.
We did buy from Camping World so that shows you how much crap we were willing to put up with. LOL
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think you'll get a better price from NIRVC. I'd work NIRVC against Orlando RV for the best deal. Orlando has very good financing rates when they are at a show, and you can chew that rate down sometimes. I like to look at MHSRV just because they always have a wide selection.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Dealt with both.

In the past MHSRV has had a reputation for poor service after sale, though that seems to be improving. MHSRV also won't let you test drive until you commit to the purchase. That policy is still in place as of a few weeks ago.

NIRVC is very personal for a large outfit. MHSRV is a fantastic place to go compare coaches in person...they tend to have a huge inventory
I recently needed service on the RV I purchased from MHSRV. All I needed was a written quote to turn in to insurance. After several phone calls and emails, all I ever got was an email saying to call someone to schedule service and that they were backed up for 3+ months.

Previous work - all the work they did on that RV while I had it was done substandard, and when Thor sent a factory rep to my home, they pointed out all the work that had been done incorrectly. In one case, I picked up the RV at the lot and it broke when we tested their work so we were out the long drive and more time.

I recently traded that RV in, went to MHSRV as they had a coach we wanted, someone met us at the end of our visit and talked to us about our trade. I filled out the form he requested and never heard anything. I tried calling him three times, emailed twice and he never returned my calls.

I'm glad we found the RV we wanted elsewhere. I never want to step foot at MHSRV ever again.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #21

What's wrong w/buying from MHS or NIRVC?

We bought our 2016 Anthem from MHSRV in June 2016. They put us under a cover and gave us all the time we needed for an extensive PDI.

Wasn't the best price I ever negotiated but it was my fault due to a trade in.

Grant along with JP are committed to making a positive change in service starting with a dedicated maintenance team and service bays. On three separate occasions we rolled in with little to no notice and within 45 minutes had techs working our coach. Can't say enough good things about Grant and JP!

They have recently sent techs to Spartan to handle chassis issues.

Regarding test drives, they first told us no-go before buying. I leaned on salesman and a half hour later was behind the wheel of the coach we now own.

Would not hesitate to purchase our next coach from them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MxChief66-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
On three separate occasions we rolled in with little to no notice and within 45 minutes had techs working our coach.
You must have a magic wand. All three times we went in for service the delays were lengthy. The last trip they had us wait 8 weeks to take it in, then when we took it in they said "we are still backed up and will not get on it for 3-6 more weeks". Then they touch it, see the parts needed, and back to the parking lot it went while they waited for parts. In all, the first 11 months we had our RV it sat in the parking lot at MHSRV for 172 days.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I have only one experience with LD which was in Arizona. Our coach was less than a year old and developed a radiator leak. I called ahead and service set us up to get it repaired the following day. When we got there they discovered we bought our coach elsewhere and suddenly couldn't even look at it for 7-10 days. I was parked in their campground.

Vance & Robin
Guess What? They do the same thing if you bought your coach from them. I gave up after 5 days and came home after making the appointment 2 months in advance. At least you know your were not singled out, they treat everybody the same
After the radiator was ordered I had to schedule 2 weeks later to have it installed. I can really understand the OP traveling to purchase his next MH....I know I will.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #24

I see most of the positive comments about MHSRV are from folks that have Entegras. Most of the negative comments are from folks that don't. To me, this adds to my theory that much of the awesome support may ultimately be coming from Entegra support to owners through MHSRV.
WallyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
You must have a magic wand. All three times we went in for service the delays were lengthy. The last trip they had us wait 8 weeks to take it in, then when we took it in they said "we are still backed up and will not get on it for 3-6 more weeks". Then they touch it, see the parts needed, and back to the parking lot it went while they waited for parts. In all, the first 11 months we had our RV it sat in the parking lot at MHSRV for 172 days.

What year and model of Entegra do you own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MxChief66-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
What year and model of Entegra do you own?
I don't. My signature says what I own. At the time I was dealing with MHSRV I had a brand new RV I bought from them. I recently traded it for the used Safari, and have no need to ever go to MHSRV ever again.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyRover View Post
I see most of the positive comments about MHSRV are from folks that have Entegras. Most of the negative comments are from folks that don't. To me, this adds to my theory that much of the awesome support may ultimately be coming from Entegra support to owners through MHSRV.

I know from personal experience that Entegra asked for feedback on dealer support and would go directly to MHSRV upper management to resolve issues. Entegra is very serious about customer support no matter whether it is from them or one of their dealers.

MHSRV customer service through 2013 was abysmal. JP and a couple others tried but delivery was the primary interest and service after the sale took a back seat. Now that they are separate you can even get JP on the phone once in a while and when you see him he's usually smiling.

Vance & Robin
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Dealt with both.

In the past MHSRV has had a reputation for poor service after sale, though that seems to be improving. MHSRV also won't let you test drive until you commit to the purchase. That policy is still in place as of a few weeks ago.

NIRVC is very personal for a large outfit. MHSRV is a fantastic place to go compare coaches in person...they tend to have a huge inventory

Not sure the statement about MHSRV is entirely correct about test drive. I doubt any dealer wants "tire kickers" driving their expensive coaches just to see how they drive. I bought two coaches from MHSRV and have been pleased with the sales process, their facilities are top drawer, and I have no service complaints. I drove both coaches prior to signing on the dotted line. MHSRV has been in business for years. RV business is a tough business. They have weathered the storms of the past couple of decades. Don't know anything about NIRV, but they are the newbie dealer and can't sell Entegra from Texas location, which causes me to wonder how long this will go on? I just know that a successful coach dealer has really deep pockets. MHSRV must have hundreds of millions of new inventory on their lot in one place and plenty space to put it.😺

One thing I have found out from owning numerous RV's over many years, is that it is sales, that drives them. Service is there and I have experienced some unbelievably terrible service, and the universal problem is lack of competent and trained RV technicians. For many dealers, this means they have a shirt with the dealers name on it that fits.

TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote