Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #1

What's wrong w/buying from MHS or NIRVC?

Hi all -

I see a lot of chatter on the forums about buying an Entegra from these two super dealers. They clearly offer the best, or at least very competitive, pricing.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of buying my Entegra from one of them?

Thank you in advance,

Todd
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #2

They are both great, I'm sure... what is your concerns?
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #3

My experience with NIRVC is that they don't forget who you are after the sale. Almost a family atmosphere when dealing with their service department. Also they seem to know the product real well or are willing to find answers the most problems.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #4

Dealt with both.

In the past MHSRV has had a reputation for poor service after sale, though that seems to be improving. MHSRV also won't let you test drive until you commit to the purchase. That policy is still in place as of a few weeks ago.

NIRVC is very personal for a large outfit. MHSRV is a fantastic place to go compare coaches in person...they tend to have a huge inventory
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #5

As I have written before, I bought from MHSRV and was very concerned about the after sale support. Their support, partially because of Entegra support, has been stellar. I would recommend them any time when it comes to Entegra purchase. I think Entegra stands behind the purchase, and therefore so do they.

Having said that, I don't think they are the least bit interested in selling 'stuff' after the purchase. They have always recommended that I go somewhere else to buy tow bar, etc. Even when I bought, they did not want to add a tow bar, but recommended where to go to get it done.

They are somewhat inconvenient location, but so is any Entegra dealer unless you are one of those who lives very close.

If you buy an Entegra, I don't think you will go wrong in buying from them.
WallyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #6

Also, I looked at buying from NIRVC since they are closer to me. You really can't buy one from them in Texas. They will arrange the sale, but you have to go to their location in Georgia to by it. I think MHSRV has the sole rights in Texas.

Because of that, NIRVC has a lower price for like units. However, MHSRV beat that price also.

NIRVC is located in a congested area and MHSRV is the opposite. Since I was/am a newbie, NIRVC's location intimidated me. I don't think they would now with the limited experience I now have.
WallyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #7

I had spoke to both during my search and neither would offer up a reasonable trade in amount for our 5th wheel... unfortunately, I went elsewhere as I really would have liked to have done business with them, especially NIRVC having read numerous reviews on them...

2016 Anthem 44b
2016 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
dmm588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #8

Todd, IMHO I would strongly urge you to speak with Angie Morrell at NIRV as she is simply great. We didn't buy from her (wish we did) and the biggest factor was she didn't have our floor plan in stock.

I'd suggest selling you old RV on your own then working the deal only on the new coach without confusing the issue with the trade.

We bought from another dealer down south and frankly won't darken their doorstep again.

MHSRV is OK, but within Angie within spitting distance I'd give her first crack.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We bought 2 coaches from MHSRV and, if there is a next coach it will likely come from them also. They have a no-nonsense, no pressure approach to sales but are there for questions. All the salesmen I dealt with were very knowledgeable and helpful. Like others have said, their inventory is huge, they give you a golf cart and turn you loose to shop and compare to your heart's content.

When we bought ours delivery and service were under the same roof and used the same employees. Now they are separate and service is greatly improved. Since you are in Florida service after the sale may not be important for dealers in Texas or Georgia.

They aren't like Camping World, they don't sell or install accessories. There is a Camping World a couple miles north of them on I-35 and depending on work load they may drop your coach off there for you. (They won't pick it up).

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #10

We talked to NIRVC and if you are trading something other than a Newmar or an Entegra they will offer you peanuts for your trade. When I talked to them they offered less of a discount on MSRP than others and they were offering below low wholesale on my trade. Needless to say, our conversation was a short one.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Dealt with both.

In the past MHSRV has had a reputation for poor service after sale, though that seems to be improving. MHSRV also won't let you test drive until you commit to the purchase. That policy is still in place as of a few weeks ago.

NIRVC is very personal for a large outfit. MHSRV is a fantastic place to go compare coaches in person...they tend to have a huge inventory
my single (also my last forever) experience with MHSRV is the sales staff and manager/owners lie like sidewalks so go there eyes wide open their prices are almost unbeatable most times.
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #12

Smile

I have traded TWICE with MHSRV and both times they provided a higher Trade-in value, and lower New Coach pricing...

Their salesman was excellent, worked very well with us, was never 'pushy' or pressured us to do anything - we walked the whole lot and found the best coach for us, not for him.

Both times it was an easy and seamless transaction, and they allowed us several days in their covered RV sites, with our 'old' coach right next door, to make it easy to transfer our belongings, and to try out the new coach.

Their point person had no problems jumping on anything we had questions or issues with, and spent as much time with us as we needed...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
They are both great, I'm sure... what is your concerns?
This is a great discussion and very helpful, especially about trade-in value.

We live in the shadow of LD in Tampa, but continue to hear mixed reports on their service dept.

From my Jayco experience, with an Entegra I anticipate having some normal minor issues that will be cheerfully covered under warranty by Entegra, but the issue will be getting an appt. with an authorized dealer that can perform the warranty work. I also know that due to capacity issues, sometime an authorized dealer won't prioritize someone who did NOT buy from them and I don't want to have to drive to Texas or Atlanta for warranty work and won't go to LD until when & if they improve.

That said, I do have an excellent local MH service shop that has been able to get warranty work on my Jayco approved (& they say from Entegra on other customers') and they performed in no time flat.

So, if I can get the best price from either of these two dealers, have my local trusted service shop take care of warranty issues, I wonder why everyone doesn't just buy their Entegra from one of them?
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We bought a consigned coach from MHS. Absolutely a great experience start to finish and beyond. We had some minor problems with the coach that was the fault of the PO and MHS took care of them. After they were finished with the repairs I asked why they would take on a repair that wasn't their responsibility and the answer was "We want you to buy your next coach from us."

Nuff said, I will likely do that.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote