Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
I don't. My signature says what I own. At the time I was dealing with MHSRV I had a brand new RV I bought from them. I recently traded it for the used Safari, and have no need to ever go to MHSRV ever again.

Oh ok, no magic wand required, just an Entegra!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDaveTX View Post
Not sure the statement about MHSRV is entirely correct about test drive.
If it isn't entirely correct, I can assure you it is entirely correct with regard to me. In January of 2015 I talked with them on the phone from California and they said, "come on down". I went in my Dutch Star prepared to buy a coach. They wouldn't let me test drive until I committed (meaning put money down). I wouldn't, I left, I bought somewhere else.

Lots of folks have said how much better they've gotten, so I thought I would try again. Last week I went to MHSRV in my (paid for) Anthem. Interested in one of the Cornerstone's they had on the lot. Once again, no drive.

Both times I took it up the food chain as far as the Manager. "Nope, it's policy", they said.

Maybe I look like a dirtbag or pushed the wrong buttons or something. This seems like a pretty consistent experience to me.

They have millions in inventory? OK, fair enough. I am spending a half million for a coach, so I feel like I have skin in the game too. I want to drive it before I buy it, so MHSRV will, once again, not get my business.

Edit: Yes, my tone is a little defensive. I don't like being characterized as a "tire kicker", when all evidence is to the contrary. And frankly, don't like having my statements characterized as, "not entirely correct".
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
John, I apologize if I offended you. And I am sorry you had a bad experience at MHSRV. My experience was different than yours. I bought a 2011 HR Endeavor 43 in 2011, and traded in 2015 for a Cornerstone. We went down planning on buying a 2015 Monaco Dynasty, and as fate would have it for a change, some poor guy bought it out from under us. That was DW said that she didn't like the Dynasty in the first place. She said she liked the one next to it, the CS. I drove both prior to signing anything, but they knew I was not a tire kicker.

If that was the worst experience I had with a RV dealer, I would be happy! MHSRV is an excellent dealer, and there are some terrible ones out there! Don't know how they stay in business.

When the going gets tough, my advice is stop talking to people who don't make decisions (salesmen) and go direct to the sales manager or general manager. If that doesn't solve the problem, it can't be solved!
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #32

Accepted, and sorry I pushed back that hard. In all honesty it's at least partially me. Might be a little butt-hurt that I was not taken seriously.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #33

I'll just add a couple of things as most that matters has been said.

I bought from MHS.... was a bad experience.... was told a lot of things by the salesman which were wrong, coach came in different than it was supposed to, they told me the wrong price and then tried to change the trade in price, the tech who did my PDI and service was absolutely terrible and did some amazingly dumb stuff, etc. etc. etc.Told them to shove their sale.... and meant it. A day after the ultimatum take-it-or-leave-it time they gave me, management called me back and did the deal the way I was initially told it would be done. Took 5 or 6 days to get off their lot due to all the troubles. They also would not let me drive the coach. I plunked down the money for this new Anthem without ever being allowed to drive it.... My first drive was when I drove it off the lot "as the owner". Left a very bad taste in my mouth. I would think that after $10,000 or $20,000 down you are past the tire kicker stage.

I would never personally go to them for repairs. Never. My "go to repair place" is NiRVC in Lewisville. Fantastic experience there. Stuff was done when it was supposed to be done and it all works after driving off their lot. First rate team of techs. That is where all future repairs will be done for me. Could not have left a better impression.

The people at NiRVC are some of the most sophisticated people in the RV business. They know exactly what they are talking about and what they can do. They will not give you an offer on something they don't feel they can sell. They will not give you one dollar more than the data suggest your unit is worth.

One final thing..... all those coaches on the lot are not owned by MHS or any of the other dealers...... they are there on bank loans which are called flooring loans, and the dealers take virtually NO risk, as all the manufacturers have an iron clad "we will take it back if you cannot sell it" agreement. The dealers have little skin in the game on those hundreds of units that you see on general RV lots.... However, most of them are all about selling, and not about repairs. NiRVC is all about storage first, then repairs second, and finally lowest priority is selling. That is a completely different idea from most people in the business.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:17 PM   #34

I will just echo some of the frustrated comments about MHSRV...... in the two times I tried to buy from MHSRV their story just did not add up and was not consistent. An RV inspector directly contradicted their statements about the coach. I initiated all the contact, they never returned my calls and just wanted me to "come see the unit". I can promise you had I flown out there and they had denied my request to drive it before buying it we would have had some major fireworks.

I will not buy a $30K car with out driving and I would never buy a coach without driving it, especially a used coach!

No experience with NIRVC.

Good Luck
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
One final thing..... all those coaches on the lot are not owned by MHS or any of the other dealers...... they are there on bank loans which are called flooring loans, and the dealers take virtually NO risk, as all the manufacturers have an iron clad "we will take it back if you cannot sell it" agreement. The dealers have little skin in the game on those hundreds of units that you see on general RV lots...

I have several family members and friends in the vehicle sales business. A "floor plan" is a line of credit provided by a financial institution that the business buys vehicle with and routinely pays at least interest on. They buy their inventory from the manufacturer against that "floor plan" and it is now their financial responsibility. The dealer does in fact have risk and lots of "skin in the game." I have never heard of a manufacturer offering an "iron clad" program to buy back what can't be sold, they sell to dealers after they have done due diligence to ensure the dealer can resell what they sell them. If a dealer fails to sell a unit the manufacturer may help coordinate relocation to another dealer but they do not buy it back. Assisting in moving it to another dealer is a benefit to the manufacturer's reputation, not a sure thing. If that happens the failed dealer will not be provided future units. End of year works a little differently but if the manufacturer over builds for the market there should be new production and market managers in the future, the difference is usually in the form of wholesale price considerations.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
I will say this, I initially came in through NIRVC. SPecifically Tony Morse. When my wife and I FINALLY chose our floor plan and colors, NIRVC did not have the coach nor anytime in the near future. I worked with Tony for about a week or so and they came back and just could not get the coach in the timeframe we wanted (within 80 days). After getting an email from a friend in regards to a unit RV One in Orlando was getting in we then inquired. I worked with Terri. Terri was VERY nice, informative and got everything done that I wanted and my add on list was long. In roughly one week the got the coach in, did the PDI, added the add ons, got my Jeep tow ready when I arrived and had the coach spotless. I was quite happy and I believe they did a good job. I called several other dealers, including MHS in Texas. The three times I called them they had a very cavalier could care less attitude. That did not appeal to me. I passed. I have had a service experience with NIRVC that did not go very well but they will get my business again one day with service. Tony was very good to me a very blunt, the way I prefer it. I will say RV One was good, efficient and very well competitive on price. I think, in regards to my experience, they are worthy of mention.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #37

The source of my information about flooring comes from a person who owns a major RV business, and knows exactly what they are talking about. That person says that at least for our class of coach manufacturers, the manufacturers have an agreement that they will take the coach back, iron clad. Maybe our motorcoach business is different from the auto business.

I am not saying dealers have no skin in the game at all.... MHS and others have a huge lot, huge land dedicated to their operation, incoming coach service, etc. etc. etc. Of course they take risks.... just not sure that it is on coach purchase.... and the bank OWNS the coach, not the dealer. As you say, they pay interest on the loan, but the bank owns the title.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
. Of course they take risks.... just not sure that it is on coach purchase.... and the bank OWNS the coach, not the dealer. As you say, they pay interest on the loan, but the bank owns the title.

Just like if you finance your car, RV, house, boat, etc. As long as there is outstanding debt against it the financial institution owns the item, not you. You have financial responsibility for it and they hold the title.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
My thoughts

Bought our coach from mhsrv. I appreciated their no pressure approach. WAS able to drive the unit before signing, but they wanted to come to agreement before handing over the keys. To me that is perfectly understandable as they don't know me from Adam so why should I take that personally? In fact I appreciate that the coach I purchased has not been driven by every lookey loo who walked on their lot. (((NOT CALLING ANYONE HERE A LOOKEY LOO, just trying to make a point)))
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:25 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Vance brought up a very good point about "floor plans" and manufactures moving units to dealers. Last year Brett at NIRVC made one heck if a deal with Entegra in year end manufactured 2016's (32 I think was the number I heard). Those closeout prices were passed on to buyers making some purchasers very happy with the prices. It might be a good time for the OP to see if that might happen again this year.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:42 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Bonnie and I have purchased coaches from both dealers. MHS RV has a great website and that's what drew me to them. Bought our first two coaches from MHS. Neither one did they want to service. When we met Brett and Angie from NIRVC we were so happy to find they not only wanted to sell but we're happy to do our service. My post 18 or 180 is a good example of how they will go the extra mile at NIRVC TO GET IT RIGHT. Call Angie for sales-- call the service department for service---- call Victoria for all the parties[FEST]. Now that's what's called a complete package for RVERS... We're here at the Tampa Show and had a fantastic time sitting around last night visiting with fellow Entegra Owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1484750538285.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	149436  
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:42 PM   #42

Only been in my 17 Aspire for a month a half but for me the purchase process was painless and exactly as MHS said it would be. The salesman actually insisted I take a test drive before deciding on a specific coach.

What is causing some people to have my experience and others to be told absolutely no test drives prior to a down payment?

Sent from my SM-G935V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app