Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #15

I find it hard to believe that Whirlpool can diagnose a problem via cellphone from the seat of their service van miles away. Individual Whirlpool service centers control the quality of their techs and whether they are "parts replacers" or diagnosticians.

I was lucky...I was in Phoenix so I took my warranty problem to NIRVC. They told me up front it might take several days to figure out the problem and get parts. They called Dino's Appliance, who promised to be out the next day. That afternoon they removed the dryer and washer and set the washer up to run on the shop floor.

Dino's tech showed up the next day as promised, took the top off the washer, pursued a logical diagnostic path based on watching the problem occur on the shop floor, and fixed the problem...a plug that wasn't quite inserted on to a circuit board and was making intermittent contact. It was fixed in a half hour. The tech was proud to tell us that he had a 83% "first visit" performance level, meaning that 83% of problems he repaired on the first visit with the parts he carried in his van (which was new, clean, and well stocked).

Second roadblock I noted is that Whirlpool techs follow a policy that they cannot work on an appliance in an RV. The appliance has to be removed for them to work on it. Would've been WAY easier to remove the (fairly light) dryer and place it on the kitchen floor, then repair the washer in place.

Why will they work on an appliance inside a multi-million dollar house, but not in an RV?

RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Umm, yes.

-Matt
X2. Multiple emails sent and voice mails left . No response yet. Very frustrating.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #17

I suspect you'll run into the same problem I did. After several run a rounds they replaced the washer due to part not being available for months or years.
I can send you whirlpools manual that tells you how to manually run the cycles, but it's not a fix.
In addition I wouldn't take an answer from Entegra that you have to deal with Whirlpool. You didn't buy the mh from Whirlpool and Entegra needs to step up and get the washer fixed or replaced.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I suspect you'll run into the same problem I did. After several run a rounds they replaced the washer due to part not being available for months or years.
I can send you whirlpools manual that tells you how to manually run the cycles, but it's not a fix.
In addition I wouldn't take an answer from Entegra that you have to deal with Whirlpool. You didn't buy the mh from Whirlpool and Entegra needs to step up and get the washer fixed or replaced.
We have experienced the same with Entegra CS on our last few problems... thank goodness we haven’t had major problems. We have been told on several Entegra CS calls they only handle wiring and any components we have to deal directly with manufacturer of components to have anything fixed on our 2 year warranty of our 2018 Anthem. Very frustrating and not what we were used to with our “other brand” warranty.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #19

No error codes. Washer does not complete spin on any cycle except delicate. Entgegrastepped in today and got Whirlpool to ship new control board to our next location. Stay tuned.
petegass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:28 AM   #20

I had a problem with our washer not draining a while back. Setup an appointment with whirlpool, told them several times it was in an rv. Tech arrives and immediately says I can't work on it in rv. I asked him where the drain filter was, he said in the back and the washer had to come out to get to it. Called Entegra about getting the washer out and they were going to arrange a Mobil rv guy to do bit suggested I clean the filter first, they said I just had to remove the white spacer bar in front (real easy 4 screws) and there it was took it out and cleaned it out and solved the problem. My point is whirlpool 1. Screwed up scheduling and tried to put me at the back of the line. 2. Had no customer satisfaction care at all. 3. The tech also didn't have a clue about our machine.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:50 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
As I read other posts, it is becoming evident how important this forum is and how to use the search function, especially when on the road and problem come up...and they will. Our units have become so complex that "factory trained" techs don't have a clue how to fix them. Even the "new" help at Entegra is clueless, at least the last two I have talked with. Still waiting on an email and that was 2 weeks ago. I've already fixed it and home.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
My washer was not starting due to the door switch not activating. I glued a small piece of plastic onto the end of the pin on the door that actuates the switch to make the pin protrude slightly farther. It has now been working fine for two years.

Whirlpool's policy of not working on any unit in an RV leaves us badly underserviced. Do all the appliance manufacturers have this policy? With all the washers and dryers that Thor and Jayco purchase, you would think they could switch to a supplier who would service their product in an RV.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
My washer was not starting due to the door switch not activating. I glued a small piece of plastic onto the end of the pin on the door that actuates the switch to make the pin protrude slightly farther. It has now been working fine for two years.

Whirlpool's policy of not working on any unit in an RV leaves us badly underserviced. Do all the appliance manufacturers have this policy? With all the washers and dryers that Thor and Jayco purchase, you would think they could switch to a supplier who would service their product in an RV.
I agree. We also had the non start issue. Continually having to slam the door numerous times before it would start. We had Nirvc look at it while there and they couldn't duplicate the problem so no fix. It started doing it again while on the road so I called CS . They suggested putting washers in behind the switch. Said they have found in some cases that the pin on the swich goes in too far causing a nonstart. I put 2 # 10 ss washers behind the switch and so far so good. SS washers are very thin so if it acts up again I'll try adding another. Had a short video CS had texted to me but I couldnt get it to download
Old 10-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsour View Post
I agree. We also had the non start issue. Continually having to slam the door numerous times before it would start. We had Nirvc look at it while there and they couldn't duplicate the problem so no fix. It started doing it again while on the road so I called CS . They suggested putting washers in behind the switch. Said they have found in some cases that the pin on the swich goes in too far causing a nonstart. I put 2 # 10 ss washers behind the switch and so far so good. SS washers are very thin so if it acts up again I'll try adding another. Had a short video CS had texted to me but I couldnt get it to download
Had Whirlpool fix our microwave and they fixed it in the MH. Called Entegra, they called Whirlpool to arrange service. Whole process took 2 days.

I think the issue with the washer and dryer is the difficulty removing the units and getting to them to do service. Seems like it could be arranged to have a Entegra dealer remove them then have Whirpool do the service?

Would be nice if Entegra made it easier to remove and reinstall washer/dryers on future models.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Travel View Post
Would be nice if Entegra made it easier to remove and reinstall washer/dryers on future models.
I agree. It should be possible to put the whole assembly on wheels so it would roll forward onto the floor after retaining hardware is removed. Same for the fridge.

Alternatively, put them on a slide system like they did for the generator.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsour View Post
I think the fix/modification for the washer, suggested by Entegra, has nothing to do with the white push button switch. After viewing the short video clip they suggest that the washers be placed behind the two screws of the door locking mechanism that is on the washer machine. This is the part that the door closes into. Hopefully the video uploads so others can view it. I haven't tried the fix since our washer has consistently worked for us.....
Attached Files
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
If there is a link that you posted for the video, I can't find it.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
I think the fix/modification for the washer, suggested by Entegra, has nothing to do with the white push button switch. After viewing the short video clip they suggest that the washers be placed behind the two screws of the door locking mechanism that is on the washer machine. This is the part that the door closes into. Hopefully the video uploads so others can view it. I haven't tried the fix since our washer has consistently worked for us.....
Sorry for not being more clear in my post but yes I put the washers in between the switch and washer not the pin on the door

Tags
entegra