Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Who is going to EAA airshow in Oshkosh this summer?

I am headed for the the airshow after Summerfest. Anyone else going? https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure
Has anybody been to this before and have any suggestions.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I've been there many times, but not in my DP. Suggestions: Get there at least a day before it starts and watch the mass Warbird arrivals which are outstanding to see. Bring empty sewage and full water tanks, and full fuel for your generator.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #3

Trying to convince my wife that she and the 6yo would enjoy it...
I believe they have trucks going around filling and emptying tanks. (hopefully not the same truck!)
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:06 PM   #4

Rcluckey- There is a current thread that asks about RV tours. We happen to get a brochure from Fantasy RV Tours. 800.952.8496.
I can't speak to the value of these types of services but they have an EAA tour scheduled for this year's event. The cost ranges from $2395 to $2795 depending on dates selected.
Here is my point and maybe MRUSA14 can shed more light. If you went on your own and booked the camping as you need it, and joined EAA as a member, imho, i think you would do better and have the same access as the tour. It's been a while since I've been up there, but as long as you have Flight Line access you would set. I find the EAA website a little confusing with regards to that but a simple phone call to EAA would clarify. There used to separate tickets/levels that specifically stated Flight Line access but I don't see that now. I've only done day trips but the warbirds should not be missed.
Have fun.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:38 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I will be there again this year, Have taken the RV 9 of the last 12 years including the last 4 years and have flown up 11 times to date. Having the Rv makes it a great trip for the week long experience. everyone should see this place once in the life. Bryan
Old 05-31-2015, 03:42 PM   #6

We'll be there Tuesday night... I've been to the museum a few times, first time at Air Venture. Yes, with my dw and dd in tow...
Old 05-31-2015, 04:25 PM   #7

At this date you will most likely not get a reserved RV site. ( these sites are closer to the main gate). Some have electric .

We have been there last 3 year. 1st year we stayed at the private RV park that is adjacent to the EAA grounds. Can't remember the name. I'll look it up and post it later.

Last two years we stayed in Camp Shullar. (Spelling ??). That is EAA run campground. Just a hay field. You just pull up to the gate --set in line--pay a fee for how many days you want to stay & go find a spot in the hay field. May end up way in a corner or not where you want to be so next morning go around & find a spot where someone has left and move to it.

Not sure if we will go this year or not. Grandson always wants to go. This year he may get lucky & go with the Purdue Students. If not I'll be there with him. I'll make a post after this with a picture of the hay field.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #8

Who is going to EAA airshow in Oshkosh this summer?

The name of the private campground that is in easy walking distance to the main gate is Sleepy Hollow Campground. Following is a couple pictures from the air of the EAA RV grounds & a picture from the air of the small plane fly in campgrounds. Now the EAA Rv campgrounds has restrooms & shower houses. Also there are busses that travel thru the campground that haul you to & from main gate -free. . . Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433111601.086717.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	95783Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433111637.150270.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	95786
Old 05-31-2015, 04:52 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Good Pictures Russell, Have seen that view many times, they have a free concert on Monday the opening nite. This year is Dierks Bentley. they have music and events all week long during the event. Also like you said they have great shower and restrooms for the campers, wifi hot spot and lot of good eats while your there. there is a shuttle that move you around from campgrounds to main gates and also to the outlet mails for the Gals that get enough of the airplanes. I modified my car dolly and haul a golfcart along with the car to get around the huge grounds during the event. Have an onsite dump station and water. also a service that will do the dirty work if you want to pay. You do Pay for the camping for all of the week when you arrive and get a credit if you leave before its over. Its a great time. bryan
Old 05-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #10

Check this golf cart out at EAA. ATTACH]95804[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433116723.671273.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	95804  
Old 05-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #11

Tuesday July 21st, not next week!
Old 06-01-2015, 05:30 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Nice pictures. If anyone else has pictures of the place please post. It makes it easier for a first timer their.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #13

O. I have plenty of pictures. I post a couple of the display grounds. Where all the exhibitors are & the special planes. They also have big areas for the war bird planes & vintage planes had to add the camper in the campgrounds. Lol

RussellClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433160116.175608.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	95861Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433160159.702134.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	95862Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433160190.496946.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	95863
Old 06-01-2015, 06:28 AM   #14

Haven't been in a while, but used to fly in every year. I believe you need EAA membership (one per family), in addition to the show pass, to allow free range among the planes that have flown in. This would be the better part of the show for me, as it includes all the military, experimental and civilian planes that are there. You're also about as close to the airshow as you'll want to be. Seems like eventually we learned to fly in on Tuesday to get decent places to tie down. I think if we were to do the RV thing, we might want to do that as well.

There is so much air traffic that week, you really do not miss the fact that the shows don't start until Friday or Saturday. There is nearly always SOMETHING (impressive) going on to watch!