Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The Aspire does not, but the Anthem does, plus all electric was why we ordered it. Having owned both a straight axle and an IFS, I prefer the IFS and something I would pay the difference for.. Others say the Aspire drives great, but I have not driven one, so I cannot comment. I don't know about the new 40 footer that was just announced at the Tampa Show.
40 footer...? Is it going to have a tag axel also?
Batten54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
40 footer...? Is it going to have a tag axel also?
no tag on the 40 footer
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #17

Aspire 42DEQ

We bought our Aspire 42DEQ two months ago, trading in a Tiffin Phaeton that was 1 year old. We are madly in love with the Aspire. The workmanship is top quality and our list of needed "fixes" is so minor that we are having a hard time justifying a trip to the factory except that we want to tour the manufacturing plant. Compared to the 9 weeks we spent at the Tiffin factory for repairs, this is a delight. We owned a 2008 Tuscany in the past and although we loved our Tuscany, I was not impressed with the quality of the interior of the new ones. I would highly recommend the Aspire, for the money it is miles above the competition.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
We have an Aspire without IFS. Our last coach was a 40' Beaver - no tag - and miserable to drive in a crosswind. Absolutely no comparison - the Aspire is very well mannered in a crosswind - to the point that we sometimes don't realize how strong the wind is until we stop. I don't know if it's a result of the tag or the Spartan chassis or a combination but the coach is easy to drive. I hated driving the Beaver and rarely relieved Rick from driving. Now I pout if he doesn't give me equal time behind the wheel!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
IFS & tag

I can comment on this. My previous RV was a 40 ft Monaco two axle dual and it drove okay but my Aspire (non IFS) with a tag is night and day better for stability and crosswinds. I recently tested a 42 ft IFS Anthem on the same chassis and I can tell it handles better, but not amazingly better. IMHO something like 10% better. Most noticeably on crowned roads. I prefer IFS chassis but after 15,000 mi driving the straight axle Aspire I can tell you it handles very well without. If you had a choice (some Aspires were made with IFS option) I'd chose the IFS.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I've owned a 40' Thor which I sold to get into a 40' Phaeton, which soon led me to an Aspire 42DEQ. It doesn't have IFS. Both of the prior coaches lacked the tag axle and the blew all over the road....a bear to drive in a crosswind. The Aspire tracks beautifully. I'd rate the Dutch Star just a tick below the Aspire because of cost and they aren't as nicely appointed now as they were in 2011....they are a bit plain now to our taste. Love the Aspire.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
LOL I've noticed that the "last two" have not been mentioned.
I posted same question (cut & paste) to all three brand forums. Entegra has 474 looks so far w/14 replies not mine. Newmar has 502 looks so far w/22 replies not mine. Thor has 95 looks so far w/4 replies so far...and one was to ask if I posted to other two.

Newmar and Entegra folks talked very favorable about the other's quality, fit and finish, etc. Hardly a word about Thor...not in same class. That alone tells me something...that I probably already knew. With the cost of these beasts and us being 60 I would really like to get 10-15 years out of our next coach. I know there will always be little stuff...but do not want major issues like slide, motor type stuff. Is that even possible with one of the mentioned units? Or am I completely nuts...?
Batten54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Slideouts are one of the most trouble-prone parts of all coaches. I had problems with the slides on my 2003 Beaver. So far, no such problems on my '13 Entegra.

Motor stuff, do you mean the engine? Engine problems on DP's are rare, as these engines are made to run big trucks and to go many hundreds of thousands of miles. One exception may be late model Monaco coaches with the Navistar engine, which does not have a great reputation.

Personally, if I were buying a new DP, I would be deciding between American Coach, Entegra, and Newmar, with the possible addition of Tiffen and the newest Monaco (post-Navistar). All of these should be quality coaches. Buying used: add Beaver, Country Coach and Holiday Rambler to that list. Any of these coaches should easily go 10-15 years and more if properly maintained, unless you get a lemon, which is always a risk, but a smaller risk with the brands listed than other brands, IMHO.

I have left out the high-end coaches such as Foretravel, Newell and Prevost because of price. But if you can pay the price, these are among the very best.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
I looked at them all this past week at the Tampa Show. Agree with Mark. JMHO, I'd place Entegra and Newmar above American Coach in all areas except floor plans available (for Entegra). I'd place Tiffin maybe next. Monaco has stepped their game up with the 2015 Dynasty, but I felt some of it was just glitz. If you were going the next level down, I liked what I saw in Berkshire and Charleston (Forest River), and I heard some owners say some real positive things about Forest River making it right. I thought Newmar Ventanna was a better buy for the dollar than Dutch Star. Itasca and Winnebago looked OK, but again, I wondered if I was looking at glitz rather than strength. All, JMHO.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Newmar and Entegra folks talked very favorable about the other's quality, fit and finish, etc. Hardly a word about Thor...not in same class. That alone tells me something...that I probably already knew. With the cost of these beasts and us being 60 I would really like to get 10-15 years out of our next coach. I know there will always be little stuff...but do not want major issues like slide, motor type stuff. Is that even possible with one of the mentioned units? Or am I completely nuts...?
Our last MH was a pre-Entegra, same design, but older components and it was still in perfect shape after 11 years. No slide problems, seals, windows foggings, etc. even the carpet held up great and still looked new. If we didn't want a larger MH, we would still own the Travel Supreme. We liked it so much, it took us almost a year to finally pull the trigger and move on to an Entegra. After touring the factory and seeing the quality Entegra was putting into the old Travel Supreme, we didn't hesitate to decided what MH we were going to upgrade to. Entegra took a great coach and made it awesome. I liked the TS so much, knew how it handled, we ordered an Anthem without even driving one.

Here's the best part....all of the people that made TS great are all now at Entegra doing the same thing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
We are "vintage" owners of a 40ft Aspire 2011 model and loving it. We are looking maybe next year to a new model. ENTEGRA is at the top of our list, again.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
LOL I've noticed that the "last two" have not been mentioned. I posted same question (cut & paste) to all three brand forums. Entegra has 474 looks so far w/14 replies not mine. Newmar has 502 looks so far w/22 replies not mine. Thor has 95 looks so far w/4 replies so far...and one was to ask if I posted to other two. Newmar and Entegra folks talked very favorable about the other's quality, fit and finish, etc. Hardly a word about Thor...not in same class. That alone tells me something...that I probably already knew. With the cost of these beasts and us being 60 I would really like to get 10-15 years out of our next coach. I know there will always be little stuff...but do not want major issues like slide, motor type stuff. Is that even possible with one of the mentioned units? Or am I completely nuts...?
Entegra was born from the ashes of Travel Supreme, possibly the best production motorcoach line ever. Jayco acquired all of their intellectual property, inventory, tooling, molds, physical plant, and retained most of their production personnel. They moved the factory to Middlebury, IN, and rebranded the company Entegra Coach. These are experienced people building very well engineered motorhomes. Jayco has long been an extremely well-respected RV manufacturers, solid and solvent.

You will not be disappointed.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #27

We're in the same boat - choosing between our finalists of Entegra and Newmar. The Entegra is our top choice so far - it's basically a Dutch Start on an Essex chassis at a price barely over a Ventana. However, it's pushing our budget and it is not possible to vary the interior. My dream coach would be the Aspire 42 DEQ with an all-electric option, induction cooktop and a diesel aqua-hot. Oh, and I really like the way that Newmar's TV lowers behind the fireplace and leaves space for a window that you don't have in the Entegra.

Someone on a thread here complained that they thought the DS was too plain - gosh, for us it's the opposite - every coach in the quality category we like is overly busy and far to 'decorated'. Give me clean, quality wood every time over these cabinet doors that have excessive molding. My S&B kitchen is Shaker style in clear maple, and is beautiful. And don't even get me started with the busy, crappy fabrics. I wish someone would look at some of the better European coaches and set this industry on its ear. All the coaches now look like the designers read too much Architectural Digest - everything is busy, busy, busy.

OK, rant off.
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:47 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
DeeGee,

I looked at the Ventannas Saturday at Tampa. When fully optioned and "glitzed", its price can get up there, even more than an Aspire. Agree with your assessment, the Aspire offers Dutch Star amenities for a lower price. And both coaches are built very well. Can't speak to customer service, but Entegra's is top notch and a two year warrantee leads the industry.

That said, you'll find it tough to find all electric at the price point you talking. That seems to be one of the functionalities that define the next level up. Induction cooktops appear to be an easy mod by an aftermarket service provider. We have a DEQ and will do this mod soon. The pop up TV seems nice, but full timing, when your on site, the TV is going to be up all the time. The picture window beside the Entegra entertainment center provides similar functionality. They both look at your neighbor's patio, so it wasn't a big thing for me.

Good luck in your search.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote