Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2016, 02:53 PM   #1

Wholesale Warranties

Has anyone had any experience with the Wholesale Warranty folks? I currently have "Interestate" but I am not happy with them. How about some suggestions for extended warranties on Motorhomes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #2

My suggestion is to stay away from extended warranties.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If you are going to get one, they are great people to do business with. I have had them in the past on 5th wheels and 2 MHs.
Have had two claims with them and never a problem getting them fixed or paid.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rljacobs View Post
Has anyone had any experience with the Wholesale Warranty folks? I currently have "Interestate" but I am not happy with them. How about some suggestions for extended warranties on Motorhomes.
WW gave me a great quote but--only would cover up to 50,000 miles and $35,000 maximum claims over the five year coverage period. I already have 29,000 miles and when I commented, they offered coverage up to 70,000 miles at the same price. I got the feeling I was being jacked around so I declined. Read the contract carefully!

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #5

Nothing but positive and I have only talked to Jeff Shelton..my previous HR, no problems with 2 major claims...and I got the refund within 30 days when the coach was traded...make sure to get an exclusionary warranty...
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #6

I have tire and wheel coverage with them (5 years and full coverage) after a bad experience with a previous coach and tire issues. So far have needed nothing from them, and they have performed beautifully so far.

You have a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty from Entegra, a 3 year warranty from Spartan and a 5 year warranty from Cummins. I thought that the motorcoach warranty (from anyone) was not impressive for the cost and the duplication with other warranties so I avoided. My philosophy is to "Buy good stuff and then let it go and see what happens", in contrast to "buy cheap and buy an extended warranty also". JMHO Three years from now, I will tell you what the smart choice was.

Gary
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #7

Thanks for all your replies and input. It is much appreciated. I am still undecided whether to cancel my present warranty and start pricing for a new one. I guess it depends on the risks we want to take.
I own a 2013 Anthem 42 DEQ. Factory and Spartan warranty has run out. Have had to replace the dash A/C compressor & heat exchanger in front end, Microwave convection oven, and numerous shade motors, and one sleep # air bladder. However, I am still happy with my Entegra.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #8
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I bought the highest level available but they did not pay when my diesel particulate filter failed due to a sensor failure. You really have to watch how anyone talking to the company words the repair. They may take short cuts and use simple descriptions they would use to explain things to we customers.

I bought the warranty to protect me from those expensive fixes. So read the fine print and know you still may have some expensive out of pocket fixes.

So no, I am not real happy with them.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #9

The devil is always in the details.

My life story is that I have needed insurance maybe 3 or 4 times in my entire life and every time, I was covered for less than I thought I was covered (and led to believe that I was covered for whatever the claim was. The art of insurance, in my experience, is to lead you to believe that your coverage is much broader than it is. I have learned to read every word of the 25 pages of fine print on my insurance policies. Doesn't help me get more coverage, just a better understand what is, and is not, covered by whatever insurance policy I am buying.

Good Luck!!

Gary
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:09 PM   #10

As the guy in the insurance commercial found out he is covered for the 'zombie apocalypse'. I know I would sleep better at night if I had that in my homeowner policy

Having looked a couple of the policies I haven't found one that covers anything to do with EPA pollution equipment. Excluded in every one of them.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #11
FKK

Just found out that WW is only for $35,000 for a brand new Fleetwood Excursion. Wonder what limits other warranties have. Any suggestions?
Old 07-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKK View Post
Just found out that WW is only for $35,000 for a brand new Fleetwood Excursion. Wonder what limits other warranties have. Any suggestions?
If it's brand new there is already manufacture, chassis and engine warranty already in place. Why pay for double coverage that will not pay anything over existing warranties?
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #13

Have had WW from the get go on our 13. When time came to need it had a problem WW stepped in helped to rectify. At that point we decided to upgrade our policy. Now if we need repair the service dept. we use tell us that the easiest warranty company they have every work with. We give them 5 stars.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:54 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
If you ever cancel the warranty just beware it will likely take weeks/months before you see any refund. We just cancelled an exclusionary policy on our now sold 2007 Monaco Dynasty and it's been over 6 weeks and still no refund. WW claims they are at the mercy of the underlying insurance company ... 6 weeks is absolutely ridiculous. Lesson learned here ...they are all quick to take your money and don't want to give it back once taken.

Tags
sale