RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #99
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 3
Replying to a thread without contributing or adding value is like responding to Amazon questions about a product saying I dont know.
__________________

RBDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2019, 07:26 PM   #100
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 71
is making post 100 the same as 100 posts?

( just kidding, need another post, trying to hit quota before the end of month.)
__________________

Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #101
Senior Member
 
tmw188's Avatar


 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Charles MO
Posts: 4,180
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
If they eliminated the post count you'd get a lot less of it. I been on sites where they don't have post counts and Its way better.


Really, I never even think or check on my posts count. I guess some might but I dont think most do.
__________________
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:08 PM   #102
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Hold up, hold up.....get rid of post counts. Are you kidding?


I'm amost at the point of getting a campfire symbol to turn blue......
------------------------
Well, Heck. I didn't know how you got campfires on your name panel. I thought they were maybe the years you had been on the forum. I want to earn a campfire too!
Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:10 PM   #103
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Bohr View Post
------------------------
Well, Heck. I didn't know how you got campfires on your name panel. I thought they were maybe the years you had been on the forum. I want to earn a campfire too!
Hey! I got a campfire! Don't know how, but I got one.

Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,203
Blog Entries: 1
Congratulations.... You have DEFINITELY MADE IT !!!!! How sweet it is....

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:29 AM   #105
Senior Member
 
Steve 716's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Box Elder, SD
Posts: 112
Stop clogging these threads

I agree. Why? Sometimes it takes awhile to go through the "get your post counts up" to find out what I am looking for in a thread. Sometimes it's just conversation that doesn't add anything. Sometimes I get tired of looking for meaningful conversation and give up. If you don't have something to contribute, how about not wasting the time of those of us who do? Maybe post counts are important to you, but there are more of us who want to read meaningful comments.
__________________
2016 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2019 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Steve 716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 AM   #106
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
Amazon can take blame for that by the stupid email they send out. They give you a box to check if you don’t know instead of just taking positive responses.
mce99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #107
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 716 View Post
I agree. Why? Sometimes it takes awhile to go through the "get your post counts up" to find out what I am looking for in a thread. Sometimes it's just conversation that doesn't add anything. Sometimes I get tired of looking for meaningful conversation and give up. If you don't have something to contribute, how about not wasting the time of those of us who do? Maybe post counts are important to you, but there are more of us who want to read meaningful comments.
At least your endurance is improving. You managed to get through 104 questionably useful posts before adding another.
__________________
2005 Alpine Coach 36MDDS
2015 Grand Cherokee Diesel
RVPioneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:26 AM   #108
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,203
Blog Entries: 1
I intend for this to be constructive. I have spent some time on the Newmar forum reading about the Winnie purchase of Newmar and while on there saw something that is not common on this forum, and that is posts that simply say, "Following".

Now my reaction to that was simply that the person was making a useless comment in the thread and maybe padding their post count. However, my wife, who does not read a lot of forums had an insight that I had never thought of.. She said "No Gary, what they are doing is entering that 'following' comment so they get added to the daily email thread posts that are sent out by iRV2 every night and end up in their email account every morning. That way they can 'follow" that thread". Never thought of that. Now I dont like to see those posts and hope that never gets started on the Entegra forum, but I now understand the logic. There really needs to be some box that one can check to the thread (maybe there is and I dont know how to do it) that doesn't clog up the forum thread with useless "following" posts, but does get you added to the email list for that topic.

Moderators? That possible?

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:40 AM   #109
Senior Member
 
Victory Blue's Avatar




 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I intend for this to be constructive. I have spent some time on the Newmar forum reading about the Winnie purchase of Newmar and while on there saw something that is not common on this forum, and that is posts that simply say, "Following".

Now my reaction to that was simply that the person was making a useless comment in the thread and maybe padding their post count. However, my wife, who does not read a lot of forums had an insight that I had never thought of.. She said "No Gary, what they are doing is entering that 'following' comment so they get added to the daily email thread posts that are sent out by iRV2 every night and end up in their email account every morning. That way they can 'follow" that thread". Never thought of that. Now I dont like to see those posts and hope that never gets started on the Entegra forum, but I now understand the logic. There really needs to be some box that one can check to the thread (maybe there is and I dont know how to do it) that doesn't clog up the forum thread with useless "following" posts, but does get you added to the email list for that topic.

Moderators? That possible?

Gary
In the Thread Tools drop down at the top of every page just above the posts is a choice to "Subscribe to this Thread". No post is necessary.
__________________
Bill & Lynne
Memphis, TN
2017 Entegra Anthem 44B - Victory Blue
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:45 AM   #110
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,203
Blog Entries: 1
Bless you Bill !!!!!!!!

I will pass that along..... learned something new already this morning... Priceless !

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:48 AM   #111
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,203
Blog Entries: 1
Clarification.... I dont have that button.... I have a button under tools to "unsubscribe" from this thread, but not one to subscribe. Am I looking at the wrong place.... at the top of the thread under thread tools?

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #112
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
//rant mode on//



Why do some feel the need to say, "well I don't do that", or "that doesn't affect me"? Those making informative observations or posting mods that are beneficial to some just may not be for everyone. That's understood, but is it really necessary to say "I don't worry about that" when there are other who clearly benefit?


//rant mode off// I can go to sleep now
Back on topic, but danged if I can understand it either. And why do people get angry when someone replies to their sarcastic post with sarcasm. It doesn't make sense.

The one I remember most was a few months back in a thread about how to make the F53 chassis handle better. There was lots of useful advice then someone posted "Get a DP with a tag axle and you won't have that problem."

I asked how many hundred thousand dollars he figured I should spend to apply that fix, and it seemed to irritate him.

Really? He started it.
__________________

__________________
2017 Thor A.C.E. 30.1
F53 18,000 GVWR
EdInArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pet Peeves, why, why, why... rewillia Newmar Owner's Forum 72 09-05-2018 10:36 AM
Why, Why, Why? PizzaGuy RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories 7 01-19-2012 06:57 AM
Why did you start motorhoming? Why do you keep doing it? BoogieMan Class A Motorhome Discussions 50 11-06-2011 08:04 PM
Would you buy a Bigfoot diesel? Why or why not? girlierider600 Class C Motorhome Discussions 15 12-18-2008 03:31 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×