Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #99

Replying to a thread without contributing or adding value is like responding to Amazon questions about a product saying “I don’t know.”
RBDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #100

is making post 100 the same as 100 posts?

( just kidding, need another post, trying to hit quota before the end of month.)
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:33 PM   #101

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
If they eliminated the post count you'd get a lot less of it. I been on sites where they don't have post counts and Its way better.

Really, I never even think or check on my posts count. I guess some might but I don’t think most do.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:08 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Hold up, hold up.....get rid of post counts. Are you kidding?

I'm amost at the point of getting a campfire symbol to turn blue......
------------------------
Well, Heck. I didn't know how you got campfires on your name panel. I thought they were maybe the years you had been on the forum. I want to earn a campfire too!
Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:10 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Bohr View Post
------------------------
Well, Heck. I didn't know how you got campfires on your name panel. I thought they were maybe the years you had been on the forum. I want to earn a campfire too!
Hey! I got a campfire! Don't know how, but I got one.

Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #104

Congratulations.... You have DEFINITELY MADE IT !!!!! How sweet it is....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:29 AM   #105

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Stop clogging these threads

I agree. Why? Sometimes it takes awhile to go through the "get your post counts up" to find out what I am looking for in a thread. Sometimes it's just conversation that doesn't add anything. Sometimes I get tired of looking for meaningful conversation and give up. If you don't have something to contribute, how about not wasting the time of those of us who do? Maybe post counts are important to you, but there are more of us who want to read meaningful comments.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:59 AM   #106

Amazon can take blame for that by the stupid email they send out. They give you a box to check if you don’t know instead of just taking positive responses.
mce99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 716 View Post
I agree. Why? Sometimes it takes awhile to go through the "get your post counts up" to find out what I am looking for in a thread. Sometimes it's just conversation that doesn't add anything. Sometimes I get tired of looking for meaningful conversation and give up. If you don't have something to contribute, how about not wasting the time of those of us who do? Maybe post counts are important to you, but there are more of us who want to read meaningful comments.
At least your endurance is improving. You managed to get through 104 questionably useful posts before adding another.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:26 AM   #108

I intend for this to be constructive. I have spent some time on the Newmar forum reading about the Winnie purchase of Newmar and while on there saw something that is not common on this forum, and that is posts that simply say, "Following".

Now my reaction to that was simply that the person was making a useless comment in the thread and maybe padding their post count. However, my wife, who does not read a lot of forums had an insight that I had never thought of.. She said "No Gary, what they are doing is entering that 'following' comment so they get added to the daily email thread posts that are sent out by iRV2 every night and end up in their email account every morning. That way they can 'follow" that thread". Never thought of that. Now I dont like to see those posts and hope that never gets started on the Entegra forum, but I now understand the logic. There really needs to be some box that one can check to the thread (maybe there is and I dont know how to do it) that doesn't clog up the forum thread with useless "following" posts, but does get you added to the email list for that topic.

Moderators? That possible?

Gary
Old 09-27-2019, 06:40 AM   #109

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I intend for this to be constructive. I have spent some time on the Newmar forum reading about the Winnie purchase of Newmar and while on there saw something that is not common on this forum, and that is posts that simply say, "Following".

Now my reaction to that was simply that the person was making a useless comment in the thread and maybe padding their post count. However, my wife, who does not read a lot of forums had an insight that I had never thought of.. She said "No Gary, what they are doing is entering that 'following' comment so they get added to the daily email thread posts that are sent out by iRV2 every night and end up in their email account every morning. That way they can 'follow" that thread". Never thought of that. Now I dont like to see those posts and hope that never gets started on the Entegra forum, but I now understand the logic. There really needs to be some box that one can check to the thread (maybe there is and I dont know how to do it) that doesn't clog up the forum thread with useless "following" posts, but does get you added to the email list for that topic.

Moderators? That possible?

Gary
In the Thread Tools drop down at the top of every page just above the posts is a choice to "Subscribe to this Thread". No post is necessary.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:45 AM   #110

Bless you Bill !!!!!!!!

I will pass that along..... learned something new already this morning... Priceless !

Gary
Old 09-27-2019, 06:48 AM   #111

Clarification.... I dont have that button.... I have a button under tools to "unsubscribe" from this thread, but not one to subscribe. Am I looking at the wrong place.... at the top of the thread under thread tools?

Gary
Old 09-27-2019, 06:51 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
//rant mode on//

Why do some feel the need to say, "well I don't do that", or "that doesn't affect me"? Those making informative observations or posting mods that are beneficial to some just may not be for everyone. That's understood, but is it really necessary to say "I don't worry about that" when there are other who clearly benefit?

//rant mode off// I can go to sleep now
Back on topic, but danged if I can understand it either. And why do people get angry when someone replies to their sarcastic post with sarcasm. It doesn't make sense.

The one I remember most was a few months back in a thread about how to make the F53 chassis handle better. There was lots of useful advice then someone posted "Get a DP with a tag axle and you won't have that problem."

I asked how many hundred thousand dollars he figured I should spend to apply that fix, and it seemed to irritate him.

Really? He started it.