RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2019, 07:52 AM   #113

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Clarification.... I dont have that button.... I have a button under tools to "unsubscribe" from this thread, but not one to subscribe. Am I looking at the wrong place.... at the top of the thread under thread tools?

Gary
You're probably already subscribed to this thread by virtue of having entered a post in it. So you can't subscribe, you can only unsubscribe.
Go to a new-to-you thread and look there, I expect you'll find 'subscribe'.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 AM   #114

Thank you Podivin.... that makes sense.

These new fangled computer things just take a lot of getting used to, even for those of us who have been routinely using computers in our business and homes since the late 60s.

What will they think of next?

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:41 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
Back on topic, but danged if I can understand it either. And why do people get angry when someone replies to their sarcastic post with sarcasm. It doesn't make sense.

The one I remember most was a few months back in a thread about how to make the F53 chassis handle better. There was lots of useful advice then someone posted "Get a DP with a tag axle and you won't have that problem."

I asked how many hundred thousand dollars he figured I should spend to apply that fix, and it seemed to irritate him.

Really? He started it.
I believe sarcasm is outlawed in these parts.

You can, however find a high quality used DP for the same price or less than a new F53 gas coach with handling issues.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:45 AM   #116

Quote:

These new fangled computer things just take a lot of getting used to, even for those of us who have been routinely using computers in our business and homes since the late 60s.

Gary
This is quite a revelation.

We have members with a lower post count providing useful information to a member with a higher post count.

How is this possible?
Old 09-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #117

It's like giving a 👍to a 👍 where does it end.👍👍x👍👍= lol to some, to others what does it matter.
RMWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about and I don't understand either, other than some folks feel great about post counts. Those who do this, know who they are.

I will look at various posts and try to help when I can. When I see a post that is, "what is this" and I see 15 responses, I move on because I know the question was answered. No need for me to post and say, "I agree with the posts above".

Since we are ranting, it also drives me nuts when I or someone else posts a question about something that has been asked many times before (not known by the one asking the same question) and get's the response........try the search bar. Heck, I doubt there is a question on here that hasn't already been asked. If this is the case, we should call it a directory and not a forum.
I agree! The purpose of this forum is for people to get help from each other. If you want to help someone, and they are asking a repeat question, give them the link to the answer as that would probably take less time than the time spent trying to sound like Mr smarty pants while giving no information.
RVJocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #119

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
This is quite a revelation.

We have members with a lower post count providing useful information to a member with a higher post count.

How is this possible?
It's just an anomaly.
Like being at a campsite where non of your neighbors have barking dogs, or ill mannered children, or loud music, or camp fires, or smoke cigarettes (or anything at all), and they don't snore at night and there is nothing offense sitting outside, and...

Old 09-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
I believe sarcasm is outlawed in these parts.

You can, however find a high quality used DP for the same price or less than a new F53 gas coach with handling issues.
I'd look now, but we were brand new to the game and wanted to buy new. But we did look at diesel and couldn't find anything near the price we paid that wasn't several years old. Actually, to tell the truth we had a trailer that I liked, but my wife wanted something she could use when I wasn't along.

Nonetheless, we're off on a different subject.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #121

Quote:

Gary
WOW, Gary, you really were a trail blazer if you had a home computer in the 60's !
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:22 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
WOW, Gary, you really were a trail blazer if you had a home computer in the 60's !
I thought he meant his late 60s. I was in my mid thirties when I got my first one.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:07 PM   #123

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
I thought he meant his late 60s. I was in my mid thirties when I got my first one.

That made me laugh out loud. Whether or not it's accurate, thanks for a good laugh.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:38 PM   #124

While everyone is ranting i think that the search engine stinks. Gives back too much junk
billmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:44 PM   #125

I was routinely programming main-frame computers in 1966. I was programming my major professor's 4K RAM Data General Laboratory computer in 1969. I bought my first Radio Shack TRS-80 in ~1975 or 76 and followed it with a pair of personal Apple IIe-s that I think that I bought in 1976 or 7 with two 5.25" floppy drives and printers for ~ $3,500 a piece. So. OK, maybe it was the early to mid 70s before I had one in the house but I go back to cards and paper tape and a teletype style paper tape puncher for laboratory storage of collected data. Sorry I jumped the gun by 5 or 6 years (based on memory, which may have a few inaccuracies buried in it).

I clearly remember my first big hard drive. It was a Data General MINC two removable disks floor model drive that I had to write a federal research grant to buy because it was $45,000 (early 80s money?) and hung on a PDP-1123 minicomputer. The removable disks were (wait for this...... ) 10 Megs each ( !! ) and there were 2 of them and they cost around $350 each !!!! When you filled those 20 Megs with data, you could pull them out and put in two more 10 Meg discs.... truly amazing !! Excuse the reminiscing. Like many of you, we have lived through the entire development of the vacuum tube main frames, digital main frames, minicomputers, and microcomputers, and now the 256 Gig Apple 11 iPhone. Wow.... in one lifetime............... One lifetime! --

Excuse the digression. Its late

Gary
Old 09-27-2019, 11:55 PM   #126

Bill -- Search engine issues

Use the box near the top right which I think is green and I think that it has "Powered by Google" written in it. Write over that wording and begin each search request with the word Entegra: . and then add as many of the key words or concepts that you think narrow in on the thead. Then click search. Putting the Entegra: at the beginning makes the search engine limit your search to the Entegra forum. You don't search the entire web.... you search this forum (or whatever forum you want to search).

That really narrows down the search domain to this forum and narrows down the return results for your search by many factors of ten.... Now, if you know who started the thread, put their forum avatar name in the string. If you don't get what you want from the words stored in memory, then free associate key words and try successive searches. I can usually find the thread that I want in one or two tries. In 2 or 3 tries, if you do it right, you can find what you are looking for.

Now, a suggestion, if there is a thread that I think that I might want to come back to, I save that search string address in a WORD file (copy and paste the address up in the top line) and with an appropriate and informative title, store it on the laptop or thumb-drive and that really makes it easy....

Gary