Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
If they eliminated the post count you'd get a lot less of it. I been on sites where they don't have post counts and Its way better.

I never have understood the importance of post counts, it means nothing to me. Now I do like the "Thanks" count, I have 150 of those.

Note from "Dom" below comment - What do the post count do for you?? They are a meaningless number. Now if I could trade in a 1000 post counts for a coffee, I'm all in. I totally give a administrator permission to donate my "post counts" to a good cause, or bad cause for all I care.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #16
Dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
I never have understood the importance of post counts, it means nothing to me. Now I do like the "Thanks" count, I have 150 of those.
Grindstone, was that an attempt to get an extra post count? All I can say is Me too!
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #17

Bamaboy,

Couldn’t you have combined those last 2 posts into 1?
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #18

I wish they'd get rid of post counts along with those ridiculous titles.....
Just because you have a label that designates you as a senior member doesn't mean much.....I've read quite a few well thought out as well as bad or inappropriate posts from "senior members". No different than a newbie or anyone else in between.

Everyone needs to be recognized for what they post......not how many times they post.

Stay well.
Oversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:08 PM   #19

Hold up, hold up.....get rid of post counts. Are you kidding?

I'm amost at the point of getting a campfire symbol to turn blue......
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

I’ve read where methane can achieve that. But it was on a forum, so it may not be accurate.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #21
Dom

Quote:

I painted one of your flames blue on my computer screen, hope that helps
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #22

Quote:

Didn't know we could get that. How many more do I need. Keep your stick on the ice.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Didn't know we could get that. How many more do I need. Keep your stick on the ice.
Don't worry,, thanks to a simple color and tint adjustment of my monitor, we all have blue campfires now!
Old 09-17-2019, 10:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
//rant mode on//

Why do some feel the need to say, "well I don't do that", or "that doesn't affect me"? Those making informative observations or posting mods that are beneficial to some just may not be for everyone. That's understood, but is it really necessary to say "I don't worry about that" when there are other who clearly benefit?

//rant mode off// I can go to sleep now
As a general rule, I agree with you. In the odd times that I do post in a thread and don't have anything to say, I do it because I think it's a topic that should have a decent discussion going, but it's getting lost on the page without any replies yet. It's a post just to get the thread recognized and more interaction before it falls off to page 2. We all know a thread on page 2 won't get any views. Even then, I try to say something kinda relevant that hopefully doesn't make me look dumb(er).
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:54 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
We have a post count on here ?!?
Old 09-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #26

American Coach Owners Club
There are a quarter of a million members plus on this forum.

They represent a cross section of the population which overwhelmingly is comprised of helpful friendly people.

Only a tiny percentage indulge in what I would consider useless posting for whatever reason. Some to increase post count others for their own reasons.

In my short time on this forum I have only associated 3 user names with, in my opinion, chronic useless posts either for the purpose of trolling or increasing post count.

A lot of the "plus 1s" or "watching" type posts are a quick and easy way to subscribe to a thread for those who have not yet discovered "thread tools"

Post count, once again in my opinion, is important as it can lend credence to solutions and answers posed by the poster.

I am more inclined to consider the advice of a high count poster who has spent years on the forum than I am a low count recent member.

Same goes if an answer has several +1s or I agrees.

This is especially true if my problem or question requires a high dollar or time consuming solution.

Of course high post count doesn't guarantee quality or expertise but if you cruise the posters profile and see most of his posts are consequential and have value as opposed to a large percentage of "hi I can't help you but...", you can get a sense of the value of their answer or suggestion.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
I guess i’m a little of the opposite. Most of the time I’m just lurking and reading posts that are interesting. By the time I get to the end of the long thread, anything I have to say has probably already been said, so i don’t post.

If it’s a new topic, I’ll add some value where I can. My pet peeve is someone asking for a solution, lots of recommendations made, but you never hear about the final solution that the OP took. I’ve come across lots of these threads as I searched the forum for help on a topic.

To the poster that said they follow advice from those with high post counts.... I guess this post is adding to my total. Someday maybe I’ll be one of the guru’s that everyone looks to for advice (a little sarcastic, since I too look at who is posting and give more weight to some of our long time forum friends that have been so helpful)

Now i’m wondering - does this post count as ‘contributing?’
jmltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Click image for larger version

Name:	coots.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	260755
engine103 is offline   Reply With Quote